Moral support thread for our overlord...ehm dev!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Moral support thread for our overlord...ehm dev!

Post#141 » 19 Dec 2018, 01:13

The node counter is amazing! Thanks to it I realized I was quite off in my "count" feeling and therefore refactoring what I have is a huge work. I will put it aside (once again the directories are great!) and I'll start from scratch (testing first in unranked/campaign, sandbox. Other great features).

Also it is great that a sub AI is counted only once. So actually the (real) executable nodes are way more than the counter shows.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Moral support thread for our overlord...ehm dev!

Post#142 » 12 Feb 2019, 20:51

Checking every now and then other games (even old releases through youtube videos) I have to say that the vast majority of competitive multiplayer games (like 95% or more) offers really poor stats insights.

Instead gladiabots is just awesome.

I mean two big problems of most games:
- the stats are mostly cumulative, therefore recent improvements or regression are not immediately visible if one doesn't take notes (while gladiabots has last 7 and last 30 days plus latest matches). Plus the stats being cumulative, like games played and total victories so after a while the winning percentage is not going to much much. (in gladiabots one, once again, has the stats of the recent days)
- in the leaderboard inactive players that played a lot are not hidden or grayed out. Therefore, if the game has already some years on its shoulders, the game has practically a static leaderboard that is not really motivating. Instead in gladiabots inactive players can be shown but are not there by default.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “General Discussions”