Moral support thread for our overlord...ehm dev!

darktheatre
Script
Script

Re: Moral support thread for our overlord...ehm dev!

Post#121 » 02 Aug 2018, 02:47

14 alpha pretty awesomeeee

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#122 » 07 Aug 2018, 14:00

Played a bit alpha 14.2 on android.

Graphics super pumped, no way to change it. Really a lot of work on it! it is still feasible on my tablet. What slows down my tablet (nvidia shield k1) are computational intensive AIs rather than graphic effects (although I am not a fan of them. I enjoy counters).

New filters. Awesome! Simplifying a lot the player life. Time left, positions, scoring, etc. Impressive. Sure, one can argue that with less tools the players that put more effort (and brain) in the game gets a more distinctive advantage, on the other side it is easier and less frustrating to achieve basic ideas like "Oh I wish I could keep track of the score but I don't want to make something heavy with tags".

So the strong players will still keep their advantage but it is more enjoyable for casual players now.

Ghost playerbase. Well this is an indirect result of the awesomeness of the game. In grandmaster the ghost playerbase is getting really massive. Surely this is helped by the inflation + fixed promotion score (1800 of today is not the 1800 of 6 months ago) but there are really an endless amount of ghosts if someone has few hours to play. Neat!

Once again unranked is also super neat for testing radical changes or to get an overview of the situation after a period of inactivity.

Ah the game is faster to load, although every 30 games I have to purge the local storage otherwise the game slows down a bit.

Also, although I don't use them, the skin combinations are amazing!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#123 » 10 Aug 2018, 22:25

The sandbox options are pretty neat. Never used extensively but if one wants one can test a lot.

The possibility to jump back and forth from the debug window to the AI is also awesome.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “General Discussions”