Sniper efficiency measurement

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Sniper efficiency measurement

Post#1 » 23 Nov 2018, 18:54

Since my ai is way far from being optimized, i often switch tactics, aiming techniques and stuff, and it became quite difficult to measure improvements even by watching multiple matches, so i came up with a simple efficiency counter for the sniper.

counter 3 keeps track of total ticks spent aiming during the match,
counter 4 checks if you actually aim for 12 consecutive ticks without switching target
counter 5 keeps track of how many shots have been fired during the match.

at the end of the match you can easily see how many ticks you've wasted aiming without firing,
[counter3 - (counter5 x 12)]
getting a more precise idea of your aim stability.

hope it can help :)

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Sniper efficiency measurement

Post#2 » 23 Nov 2018, 19:00

It doesn't seem to take into account that sniper fires at the beginning of 13th tick rather then at the end of 12th.

Interesting and promising idea anyway.

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 23 Nov 2018, 19:26

ElvenMonk wrote:It doesn't seem to take into account that sniper fires at the beginning of 13th tick rather then at the end of 12th.

yes, i wasn't 100% sure about exact timing (and counter reset order), any idea on how to fix it?

ElvenMonk wrote:Interesting and promising idea anyway.

thanks, it can be easily adapted to every bot class, and maybe with some work, it may become some sort of personal HUD to check how you're doing in different situations (times your shield dropped to 0, time spent under attack while at 0 shield, what types of bot damaged you most, and so on).

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 23 Nov 2018, 20:11

M4L4 wrote:
ElvenMonk wrote:It doesn't seem to take into account that sniper fires at the beginning of 13th tick rather then at the end of 12th.

yes, i wasn't 100% sure about exact timing (and counter reset order), any idea on how to fix it?

Oh, it actually works properly. My bad, I expected to see 13 somewhere, without closer look at the AI.

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 23 Nov 2018, 20:17

ElvenMonk wrote:Oh, it actually works properly. My bad, I expected to see 13 somewhere, without closer look at the AI.

good to know, there should never be a 13, nor a 0 after a target switch, the counter gets resetted and immediately increased to 1

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 26 Nov 2018, 11:19

do you guys have a way to detect target switch without using tags?

also, the condition "if counter3 = 0" can be removed, just use
"if less than 1sec time passed" >> "set counters 3-4-5 = 0"

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 26 Nov 2018, 18:04

M4L4 wrote:do you guys have a way to detect target switch without using tags?

no
M4L4 wrote:also, the condition "if counter3 = 0" can be removed, just use
"if less than 1sec time passed" >> "set counters 3-4-5 = 0"

time passed=0 maybe?

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 26 Nov 2018, 19:00

ElvenMonk wrote:time passed=0 maybe?

yes, it should work aswell, but when i first made it, i just picked up the first setup condition that came through my mind, after all... what the fuck are you shooting at during the first 4 ticks? :D
so i never never thought about it again. there are probably still a couples of tweaks you can make to it.

Return to “Strategies”