Controller Support?

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Controller Support?

Post#1 » 09 Aug 2018, 20:56

With the release of the game on Steam, it would be very cool and helpful to be able to use a controller to navigate the menu.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Controller Support?

Post#2 » 09 Aug 2018, 21:34

tip:

android: tinycore mapper (or a nvidia shield with the nvidia controller)
windows: xpadder. It costs 6-10 euro but it is gold.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#3 » 09 Aug 2018, 22:02

pier4r wrote:tip:

android: tinycore mapper (or a nvidia shield with the nvidia controller)
windows: xpadder. It costs 6-10 euro but it is gold.

Ah 10$ for that software. For that price I could have bought another copy of gladiabots on Steam for a friend. Oh well, I guess I'll be getting the software instead of more money for GFX... ;)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 09 Aug 2018, 22:56

xpadder benefit is that it works well overall so yes it is a matter of priority. If you have a controller you may use it in general.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 10 Aug 2018, 04:39

pier4r wrote:xpadder benefit is that it works well overall so yes it is a matter of priority. If you have a controller you may use it in general.

Gladiabots is literally the only game I'd use it for, as all of my other steam games are compatible. Even the ones that don't specify controller support have some form of menu functionality. But not Gladiabots.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#6 » 10 Aug 2018, 09:42

Navigating in the node editor with a controller... you want to hurt yourself, don't you? XD

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 10 Aug 2018, 10:22

GFX47 wrote:Navigating in the node editor with a controller... you want to hurt yourself, don't you? XD

I just want to play on my couch. The pain is just a natural expectation of controller use in a programming game. XD

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 10 Aug 2018, 11:44

Revenge wrote:
pier4r wrote:xpadder benefit is that it works well overall so yes it is a matter of priority. If you have a controller you may use it in general.

Gladiabots is literally the only game I'd use it for, as all of my other steam games are compatible. Even the ones that don't specify controller support have some form of menu functionality. But not Gladiabots.

Well then you have a massive change for GFX, that few will use, or buying an additional software (and yes not an additional gladiabots, although 10 euro won't pay the effort of GFX for the feature) that you may find useful in general because you can even surf from the couch then. Or control video players, or the music, or whatever. You end up having a mouse mapped to the controller.

And to reply to GFX. I used the nvidia shield controller to program from far away. It is a bit more effort, but why not. Surely it avoids misclicks compared to the touchscreen.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#9 » 10 Aug 2018, 12:31

I'm really curious to see how it plays.
Could you share a video?

Return to “Feature Requests”