Theorycrafting Topic Discussion

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Theorycrafting Topic Discussion

Post#1 » 07 Jun 2018, 21:32

Post any ideas or suggestions you want to try. Together we can discuss:
1. Whether or not it is possible, and how to accomplish it.
2. The viability of said idea/strategy
3. Ways to deal with current meta/off-meta strategies.

I've seen similar topics pop up, so i thought it would be a good idea to create a unified thread for discussing new strategies not yet proven to be effective.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Theorycrafting Topic Discussion

Post#2 » 08 Jun 2018, 13:30

How to find out whether ally bases are blocked by enemies, or whether you blocked enemy bases for enemies?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 08 Jun 2018, 14:42

Nice Revenge. I prefer the forum (that is easier to search) rather than chats (that are "lost" in some days)

ElvenMonk wrote:How to find out whether ally bases are blocked by enemies, or whether you blocked enemy bases for enemies?

- How to find out whether ally bases are blocked by enemies
If ally base with closest enemy long range or out of range does not exist.

- you blocked enemy bases for enemies?
I am near (short/medium) a enemy base and
If enemy base with closest ally short range or medium of range does not exist <-- if this fails because the base I am near to is not considered near an "ally" then it is a pity.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 09 Jun 2018, 08:49

Well, next. How to find resource with shortest total path to score (distance to resource + distance from resource to ally base). Usefull for MG

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 09 Jun 2018, 09:02

pier4r wrote:- How to find out whether ally bases are blocked by enemies

Ok, that's what I do now, but single enemy at long range from other enemies, doesn't really block the base.

pier4r wrote:If enemy base with closest ally short range or medium of range does not exist <-- if this fails because the base I am near to is not considered near an "ally" then it is a pity.

Yep, it fails. We can still use 2 tag action nodes: "tag 1 enemy bases close to ally" or "tag 1 enemy bases close to me" and then "if not tagged 1 doesn't exist", but that's weird.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 09 Jun 2018, 09:10

Next item. How to find out if your bot started aiming before enemy bot, preferably without tags. Perfect for SG and Sniper duels.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 09 Jun 2018, 11:02

ElvenMonk wrote:Well, next. How to find resource with shortest total path to score (distance to resource + distance from resource to ally base). Usefull for MG

For such a question I always think that good enough is better than trying to be 100% precise (and blow everything with large costly code).

So I move like "if resource short range of base" "if resource medium range of base" etc.. Of course with bases more or less near to me and away from enemies.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 09 Jun 2018, 11:02

ElvenMonk wrote:
pier4r wrote:- How to find out whether ally bases are blocked by enemies

Ok, that's what I do now, but single enemy at long range from other enemies, doesn't really block the base.

adapt it to your need. It is a base idea as everything (in my view) in the strategies/question sections. Get the main idea and refine it to your need.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 15 Jun 2018, 01:40

ElvenMonk wrote:Next item. How to find out if your bot started aiming before enemy bot, preferably without tags. Perfect for SG and Sniper duels.

Easiest way to do so is on the tick that you start shooting, but it requires tags. Otherwise, Idk

ElvenMonk wrote:Well, next. How to find resource with shortest total path to score (distance to resource + distance from resource to ally base). Usefull for MG

While I don't know how this would work, I will say that for assault and especially for shotgun that a situation like "resource closest to base" would be potentially the fastest method of scoring. But for machine gun, that's an extremely hard question

Chilio
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#10 » 26 Jun 2018, 10:04

ElvenMonk wrote:Next item. How to find out if your bot started aiming before enemy bot, preferably without tags. Perfect for SG and Sniper duels.

In 1-1 duals (no other bots left), I used to flee until out of range/the enemy stopped attacking, then start attacking in hope he comes to me. Then push him (if he does out of range move to him and start attacking as soon as possible to keep him from attacking back).

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#11 » 27 Jun 2018, 08:44

Simple. Regurgitate the same nodes you used to attack the target, except include a separate path if that particular enemy is attacking self. As soon as the enemy attacks you it will switch to the separate path.

Return to “Strategies”