Alpha 13

GFX47
Dev Team

Alpha 13

Post#1 » 07 May 2018, 09:58

RC8 builds: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

New features:
  • Added unlockable bot skins
  • Added a player account system to handle yourself sync across devices and reinstalls
  • Added discord integration (rich presence, unexpected match results reports, leaderboard top 10 changes reports, league promotions/demotions reports)
  • Added pre-randomized sandbox maps
  • Added AI editor button in career match replays

Improvements:
  • Improved node editor panel
  • Improved game security (should make life harder for hackers)
  • Improved color blind support
  • Reduced network bandwidth and local storage usage

Fixes:

If you have feedback, please join the discord server to talk about it ;)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Alpha 13

Post#2 » 07 May 2018, 12:14

will we get also the matchmaking procedure documented at the end of the RC phase ?

This because I am pretty sure it is, somehow, skewed when it picks ghosts but to confirm I need to see the procedure/pseudocode.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#3 » 07 May 2018, 13:55

I promise I'll do my best to do it this week.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 07 May 2018, 14:59

No stress. For me it is plenty fine if we get it after all the RC versions (so you have a stable version outside).

I wanted to brainstorm/debug the fact that ghosts don't get picked, that kills a bit the variety. Only this.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Dnumev
Script
Script

Post#5 » 07 May 2018, 16:52

Is it supposed to reset my training and campaign progress? Also, where did the alternative bot models for machinegun go?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#6 » 07 May 2018, 17:05

Dnumev wrote:Is it supposed to reset my training and campaign progress?

Nope :[
Did you lose all the campaign missions or just some of them?

Dnumev wrote:Also, where did the alternative bot models for machinegun go?

I removed them (temporarily) because they aren't compatible with the new skin system.
They may return later as special skins or for new classes.

Dnumev
Script
Script

Post#7 » 07 May 2018, 20:40

I lost all of them. Have to start from chapter one again.

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 07 May 2018, 20:51

Not sure if intentional or not, but I feel like I should have more than 5000 money at level 170.

If you make a new sub-AI node, the cancel button doesn't work. You have to pick an AI to close the window.

Also not sure if intentional or not: Bots block eachother when they try to collect a resource. See 953817.

Dnumev
Script
Script

Post#9 » 07 May 2018, 21:14

sollniss wrote:Not sure if intentional or not, but I feel like I should have more than 5000 money at level 170.

I am quite sure you should. I am level 145 and I started with 19500 unlock points.

Dnumev
Script
Script

Post#10 » 07 May 2018, 22:39

The "Edit selected node target" button in the AI editor does nothing.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#11 » 07 May 2018, 22:55

sollniss wrote:Not sure if intentional or not, but I feel like I should have more than 5000 money at level 170.

Fixed it.
I have to do it manually for now.

sollniss wrote:If you make a new sub-AI node, the cancel button doesn't work. You have to pick an AI to close the window.

Nice catch, fixed in RC4.

sollniss wrote:Also not sure if intentional or not: Bots block eachother when they try to collect a resource. See 953817.

That's due to the sg exploit fix reducing the catch distance.
I changed that in RC4, restore the original catch distance and introduced a 1 second cooldown for every class between the last drop and the next catch.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#12 » 07 May 2018, 23:49

RC4 is online! (see first post)

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#13 » 08 May 2018, 00:01

RC4 Bug: Hovering over Team Setup brings up the same prompt as Ai Editor (This is where you can edit your Ai's), when it should say something like, "this is where you can change Ai loadout".

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#14 » 08 May 2018, 00:04

Revenge wrote:RC4 Bug: Hovering over Team Setup brings up the same prompt as Ai Editor (This is where you can edit your Ai's), when it should say something like, "this is where you can change Ai loadout".

Starting RC5... ^^

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#15 » 08 May 2018, 00:12

GFX47 wrote:
Revenge wrote:RC4 Bug: Hovering over Team Setup brings up the same prompt as Ai Editor (This is where you can edit your Ai's), when it should say something like, "this is where you can change Ai loadout".

Starting RC5... ^^

While your at it, could you put in an option to skip loadout screen after a match? Sometimes it's useful for changing, but other times it slows down the game and gets in the way. Would be nice if i had both options available after a game.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#16 » 08 May 2018, 00:19

Revenge wrote:While your at it, could you put in an option to skip loadout screen after a match? Sometimes it's useful for changing, but other times it slows down the game and gets in the way. Would be nice if i had both options available after a game.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#17 » 08 May 2018, 00:22

GFX47 wrote:
Revenge wrote:While your at it, could you put in an option to skip loadout screen after a match? Sometimes it's useful for changing, but other times it slows down the game and gets in the way. Would be nice if i had both options available after a game.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Currently you click New match and it goes to change setup, making it take longer to que successive games.

If you added "Change Setup" as an option after a game ended, then the 2 options would be:
"New Match"
"Change Setup"
Which would speed up que times. ^_^

Although the prolonged Defeat/Victory screen takes up an unreasonable amount of time too...

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#18 » 08 May 2018, 00:44

Also, it should give a warning label if you pick 2 snipers/2 shotguns / 2 machine guns, so that you know that the current composition won't work.

Similar to the way Overwatch does it: https://i.imgur.com/fGJ0uGg.jpg

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#19 » 08 May 2018, 00:51

GAMEBREAKING BUG:
bug.PNG
bug.PNG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1105 times

DO NOT CHOOSE 2 SPECIAL CLASSES, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY ANOTHER MATCH AGAIN!(Even after changing it back) Q~Q

Please fix...

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#20 » 08 May 2018, 09:45

Indeed :(
I'll fix that ASAP.
Try to avoid it in the meantime :[

Return to “Release candidates”