The best players know some cheats?

TomCat
Script
Script

The best players know some cheats?

Post#1 » 05 Apr 2018, 08:18

Please see the replay 923030, time 2:57 to 2:45 and focus to battle between the shotguns.
Both of them are 100% shield, 100% helth. Same conditions, both start fire at same time and every next shot is at same time too. So IMHO both must die at same time too. But one survives. How is this possible? Has the Good Bot some secret upgrades or what?

Is it some kind of cheating? Or isn't it a bug?
My God, it's full of stars!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: The best players know some cheats?

Post#2 » 05 Apr 2018, 10:13

AFAIK I don't cheat (and I am the future dominant player :cool_glasses: ) and sometimes I bring good bot down. But if the situation you describe is so - I cannot see the replay - I'd call it bug. In any case nice catch.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 05 Apr 2018, 15:21

It isnt a bug for me. yes they begin to shoot at same moment with same health+shield but they didnt have the same «precision score» so his shotgun deals more damage at the first shot and give him the win.

(EDIT: the precision score of your shotgun at start of the final fight is 0 and it is 0,50 for the other SG, that make him reach the 14 bullets touching target (for the kill) before yours)

The report i see in this match is the trick for secure the ressource with your shotgun (when it is a real intented behaviour). I was sure that GFX47 forbid it (or atleast he is trying to make this trick dont work anymore)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 05 Apr 2018, 22:20

Ah ok so the remaining accuracy of good not was higher at the start of the fight. Itmakes sense.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 05 Apr 2018, 23:40

Yeah, if the two shotguns met without firing a single bullet before hand, it would have been an equal match. Kinda doesn't feel fair.... Maybe a suggestion to make all shots count and damage is scaled by range only?

TomCat
Script
Script

Post#6 » 06 Apr 2018, 01:14

Ok, so there is some pattern? Something like - every third shot has less accuracy? So I should count own shots and make better plan with this fact on mind? Yeah I can imagine that. But IMHO it is not possible to count this about the enemy bots. So it will not be much useful. I think it would be better if every shot has same accuracy. Or it would be even better if accuracy depends on some other conditions. For example accuracy could depends on speed of moving target. And maybe on direction of his move too. But if two bots are standing face to face, they both should have same accuracy I think. I don't think that it makes sense when for example one of them lose this battle due to he fired one shot minute ago.
My God, it's full of stars!

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 06 Apr 2018, 01:43

I think it add some randomness to the game (like 2 same shots can have a little different angle) and so maybe make people think about 1v1 suicide is not viable (or at least have some risk)

If you want to see how the game works about aiming/shots/accuracy, i remember i had seen a internet page about it (dont remember if it was on forum or the wiki)

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 06 Apr 2018, 02:26

I wouldn't worry about counting shots. Although its most likely possible, the nodes it would take would be quite unreasonable considering the possible advantage of doing so. I think just forget about this one and call it bad luck this time around.

Btw, if you watch shot for shot, you actually hurt him more than he hurts you a couple of shots. It just so happens that when you run out of health, he was hurting you more than you hurting him.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#9 » 06 Apr 2018, 14:25

TheKidPunisher wrote:I think it add some randomness to the game (like 2 same shots can have a little different angle)

nope.

Chilio
Script
Script

Post#10 » 03 Jul 2018, 11:09

Return to “Questions”