NOTs and AND logic

Zaxon
Script
Script
Posts: 21

NOTs and AND logic

Post#1 » 30 Mar 2018, 11:35

In attempting to detect a resource that isn't in range of any enemy as a filter for an action, the closest you can come to is "not at short OR not at medium OR not at long", but that's totally not the right logic, because what you want is "not at short AND not at medium AND not at long", but as far as I can see, this can't be done as a filter to an action.

If you use a condition to get the resource you want (which can be done), there's then no way of accessing the condition's result in the following action.

Is there a way of doing this?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 3028

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#2 » 30 Mar 2018, 13:38

http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Kaweb
Hello World
Hello World
Posts: 3

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#3 » 30 Mar 2018, 16:31

...

EDIT: nevermind, just noticed you were talking about actions, not conditions

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 3028

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#4 » 30 Mar 2018, 21:18

In my request I am talking in general. Since we have the [OR] we could click on it (not in all categories of course) and switch it to and.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Zaxon
Script
Script
Posts: 21

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#5 » 30 Mar 2018, 21:24

pier4r wrote:In my request I am talking in general. Since we have the [OR] we could click on it (not in all categories of course) and switch it to and.


Yes, we very much need control over ORs and ANDS.

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 130

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#6 » 31 Mar 2018, 04:44

Just a quick note... You can always choose NOT out of range to get the job done.

Still your point is valid and I would like to see the addition of toggling between AND and OR. NOT is already covered.

Zaxon
Script
Script
Posts: 21

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#7 » 31 Mar 2018, 11:59

MGBlitz81 wrote:Just a quick note... You can always choose NOT out of range to get the job done.


You can filter for resources which are definitely out of range of all enemy in an action by using a NOT out of range? How so?

I can do it properly in a condition, but not in the more limited action, which is what I need. The closest I have come up with is "out of range", but according to the wording of the GUI, that means out of range of your closest enemy, or least AN enemy, but I'm not sure that means out of range of ALL enemies, which is what I need.

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 130

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#8 » 31 Mar 2018, 16:19

Sorry I skimmed your post when I first replied. Out of range in the way you want it to work means out of range of ALL enemies. I know the wording says "an enemy" but it does indeed consider all enemies into the equation.

Zaxon
Script
Script
Posts: 21

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#9 » 31 Mar 2018, 16:30

MGBlitz81 wrote:Out of range in the way you want it to work means out of range of ALL enemies. I know the wording says "an enemy" but it does indeed consider all enemies into the equation.


Ah. That's the exact info I needed. Thanks.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2391

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#10 » 31 Mar 2018, 18:13

The "distance from closest enemy" filter category actually checks the distance from the closest enemy ;D

Zaxon
Script
Script
Posts: 21

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#11 » 31 Mar 2018, 18:39

GFX47 wrote:The "distance from closest enemy" filter category actually checks the distance from the closest enemy ;D


Ah. Then how do you Catch (an action) a resource that has no enemies within long, medium, or short range? You can't NOT the overall filter like you can with a condition, so at present, I can't see a solution.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2391

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#12 » 31 Mar 2018, 18:45

Catch closest resource out of range from closest enemy?

Zaxon
Script
Script
Posts: 21

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#13 » 31 Mar 2018, 18:58

GFX47 wrote:Catch closest resource out of range from closest enemy?


So I'm off to the left side of the map with 1 enemy nearby. There's a pack battle going on in the middle. There's uncontested resources on the right. "Catch closest resource out of range from closest enemy" will likely send me to the middle which, although out of range of my closest enemy, certainly isn't out of range of all enemies. Meanwhile, there's uncontested resources on the right which, as far as I can tell, I'm simply not able to detect given the current code options.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2391

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#14 » 31 Mar 2018, 19:03

The filter refers to the closest enemy from the targeted entity (the resource in our case)!

Zaxon
Script
Script
Posts: 21

Re: NOTs and AND logic

Post#15 » 31 Mar 2018, 19:07

GFX47 wrote:The filter refers to the closest enemy from the targeted entity (the resource in our case)!


Ah, then solution found! I was assuming closest meant closest to me. Thanks for answering this.

Return to “Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest