Dev

Alpha 12.1

Post#1 » 14 Feb 2018, 17:12

Changelog:
  • Added 4 new campaign chapters
  • Improved AI editor selection system
  • Improved training missions
  • Fixed editable enemy AIs in campaign and tutorial missions
  • Fixed "distance from closest ally" filters and selectors counting self as an ally
  • Fixed team composition and assigned AIs changing between campaign missions
  • Fixed bot orders in career mode
  • Fixed nodes drag when fully zoomed in/out
  • Fixed AIs migration for conditions simplification
  • Fixed Mac build
  • Fixed unreplayable unranked matches

RC2 builds: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Alpha 12.1

Post#2 » 15 Feb 2018, 09:22

While testing Alpha12.1RC1 (on Windows). I ran into something similar I had with Alpha12 (though it resolved itself), When I started 12.1RC up the first two times it didn't notice the data conflict between the server and local, and I got to play with my old Athalinda AIs again (but as Athelinde), which was fun (and they were better than I remembered). On the third start it asked me to go with either the server or local data. As my I of course went with the server data, so am now everywhere the same.
Three things:
1. Is there a bug that it took so long for 12.1RC to notice the data conflict?
2. When I start 12.1RC, I get a grey screen for something like 5-15 seconds.
3. I noticed that when you merged my accounts 2 AIs didn't get merged in namely the ones called 'AssaultCombi' and 'MGScorer', could you please copy them to Athelinde still? I would love that if that was possible.

Thanks for all the hard work and service!

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 15 Feb 2018, 17:26

Testing on Linux I didn't see the grey screen. And while doing the campaign I discovered that the AI of the Assaults of level 2 of Chapter 7 are bugged, they just keep dancing at the side lines, while Eagle prime goes forth alone.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#4 » 19 Feb 2018, 13:35

It's wierd, I only see activity on the 15th on your Athelinde account.
Do you still have the separated accounts per install thing?
The thing is I'd need your logs from the session where the sync conflict occured :/

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 19 Feb 2018, 20:15

quick request: could we avoid to have yelling sections here in the forum?

like GENERAL FORUM. or RELEASE CANDIDATES!

Is it necessary to have it all in caps lock?
Last edited by pier4r on 19 Feb 2018, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#6 » 19 Feb 2018, 20:24

pier4r wrote:quick request: could we avoid to have yelling sessions here in the forum?

like GENERAL FORUM. or RELEASE CANDIDATES!

Is it necessary to have it all in caps lock?

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#7 » 19 Feb 2018, 20:24

RC2 available, see first post.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#8 » 20 Feb 2018, 10:47

Any feedback on RC2?

WASP103
Script
Script

Post#9 » 20 Feb 2018, 10:54

GFX47 wrote:RC2 available, see first post.

Love the bigger coding area and the responsive dragging <3
Could you plz tell me what exactly you changed in the tutorial missions, so I can test that specifically :) - Didn't find what you were referencing to in Trello. Neither a search for "IGA18" in Trello nor in the Forum turned anything up :/

And what changed in the mac build? I got both systems here so maybe I can check that as well.

Edit:
GFX47 wrote:Any feedback on RC2?

Hehe, I was literally compiling this at the time you asked ^^ Nice coincidence

Edit2:

I LOVE that you've now bound multiple node selection to the Mode selection toggle! Man that saves me a lot of extra clicks from de-selecting a node before I can edit another one. Awesome Idea!

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#10 » 20 Feb 2018, 16:46

WASP103 wrote:Could you plz tell me what exactly you changed in the tutorial missions, so I can test that specifically :) - Didn't find what you were referencing to in Trello. Neither a search for "IGA18" in Trello nor in the Forum turned anything up :/

I removed a bunch of useless texts and steps based on the playtests I made at this year's Indie Garden Assembly conference (IGA18).

WASP103 wrote:And what changed in the mac build? I got both systems here so maybe I can check that as well.

The Mac version wasn't working properly on certain machines, I (hopefully) fixed this.

WASP103
Script
Script

Post#11 » 20 Feb 2018, 18:33

I see. I didn't run into any MAC issues on my MBP from 2010 at least.

One thing I noticed (totally unrelated tho): both on Mac and PC those huge tooltips (even when only hovering over the connecting line) get in the way of doing stuff quite often and seem to sometimes not disappear until I hover over another node and activate that tooltip.

Do they serve any purpose in the mobile version? Never played mobile but on my systems they're a real nuisance. Any chance to turn them off with an option or something? It seems like there might also be something wrong with the scaling of those tooltips on close zoom levels.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#12 » 20 Feb 2018, 23:24

WASP103 wrote:One thing I noticed (totally unrelated tho): both on Mac and PC those huge tooltips

Could you please share a screenshot?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 21 Feb 2018, 00:42

Playing again after months. The changes are huge and I love a lot of them (I hope to find the time to write in the thread about our overlord), for example the editor or the easier debug screen.

There are also way more filters and conditions that will need a lot of experience to be used by me. What is really nice is the availability activity. Sure I'm relatively new (after months) so I need matches even always the same , but finding easily games is a huge pro for casually players .
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#14 » 21 Feb 2018, 01:39

I just updated on Android.

I like the stadium with the audience taking photos. That's cute. :D

I like it.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#15 » 21 Feb 2018, 04:13

I LOVE that the connector nodes now have their connection points at the same height as the other nodes.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#16 » 21 Feb 2018, 04:40

On the whole it seems there are many really nice small improvements in the editor. It feels faster, the multiselect is really nice. This is my favorite version of the editor yet.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#17 » 21 Feb 2018, 06:03

Unfortunately, I do think I found a new bug:

closestresource.PNG
closestresource.PNG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2072 times

(there are no other resources out of frame)

Maybe it's the similar thing to the closest ally bug where the resource counts itself as closest?

WASP103
Script
Script

Post#18 » 21 Feb 2018, 10:26

GFX47 wrote:Could you please share a screenshot?

Update: please scroll down to Edit2

Maybe this helps with clarification:
huge_tooltip_on_connecting_line_blocking_sight.jpg
huge_tooltip_on_connecting_line_blocking_sight.jpg (35.4 KiB) Viewed 2043 times

Tooltips on the nodes themselves rarely get in the way. But the ones on the connecting lines are not helping in 90% of the cases for me.
:)

Edit: btw I hovered over the connector line in between the two groups of nodes

Edit2: I've narrowed down the situations of when the Tooltips stay permanently to a reproducible state. Steps to reproduce:

1. Hover over over a line until the tooltip pops up.

2. Place mouse cursor so that it is hovering both over the tooltip and over the concerning line. Basically the Tooltip is between the cursor and the line now.
    permanent_tooltip_2.jpg
    permanent_tooltip_2.jpg (20.02 KiB) Viewed 2035 times

3. Click to disconnect said line.
    permanent_tooltip_3.jpg
    permanent_tooltip_3.jpg (19.38 KiB) Viewed 2035 times

4. Done. You've created yourself a permanent Tooltip that only goes away after forcing another tooltip of a different node or line to pop up. You can even pan and drag the editor window around, even out of bounds. As soon as the tooltip enters focus again, it will pop into existence again.
    permanent_tooltip_4_panning_zooming.jpg
    permanent_tooltip_4_panning_zooming.jpg (45.36 KiB) Viewed 2035 times

I think that's also what I've percieved as "huge tooltips always getting in the way". So it really does come from those lines.

Edit3:
And I've found another thing:
Due to the new Editor background size, the debug window in a live game acts up.

It will start zoomed to the level so that the whole Code branch is visible.
But as soon as you zoom in, it seems to be stuck at the max zoom level for the old editor size. You can not zoom all the way back to full overview after that.
Maybe link those variables together right away, also to prevent regression errors due to future changes in Editor size? Less quirks you have to remember are better <3
Last edited by WASP103 on 21 Feb 2018, 16:31, edited 5 times in total.

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#19 » 21 Feb 2018, 11:11

GFX47 wrote:It's wierd, I only see activity on the 15th on your Athelinde account.
Do you still have the separated accounts per install thing?
The thing is I'd need your logs from the session where the sync conflict occured :/

I don't know if those logs are still around. If so where?

And I think it still is sandboxed, I unchecked it, but I think it is only determined when the game is installed, if installed while sandboxing was active always sandboxed. If it wasn't checked while installing no sandboxing.

And yes, I have several accounts, each with different AIs. My linux AIs are under 3 different accounts (Linux desktop and 2 different laptops), the windows just under Athelinde/Athelinda/Athalinda (should have been merged, Athelinde (old account, and account into which the others should have been merged,Athelinda newer within the sandbox, Athalinda newer outside sandbox). But inside & outside sandbox should both be synced up to Athelinde now, unless activity reports are still recorded seperately.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#20 » 22 Feb 2018, 08:20

I'm trying the follow the "ghosts" histories in the stats page. They gain and lose points, great, but which ai do they use? The last deployed?

For example someone plays 20 games in a day. Does it mean that he creates 20 ghosts? In interested to know which ai are kept in the auto deployments , because the idea has a lot of potential.
Yes the score will inflate quickly but it is also true that the elo will tell nonetheless the relative strength of the players . Only scores in different periods will be difficult to compare.

What happens when the ghost get more points than the player? It is simply so and that's it?

Return to “Release candidates”