Alpha 5.3.1

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Alpha 5.3.1

Post#61 » 09 Dec 2016, 19:49

Circle of Death was lucky on my side. Pure coincidence that your sniper got targeted by my shotgun.

Mind game was unlucky on your side. My MG-Sniper Combo on that map got crushed the game before so I decided to go for MG/shotgun. Worked well. :roll:

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#62 » 09 Dec 2016, 19:54

Well, ehmm, in any of my Ais (now 7) i target the shotguns unless they are short range, because normally are used to absorb damage, and they are fast to retreat, so for me are wasted bullets.

And I payed this.

As I like to say: failure are chances to improve.

And I would say that your AI was just better both cases, I learned a lot. The point is to not forget!

Anyway it is amazing that when the rule changes if someone has good ideas is able to raise the top so quickly (to then losing all the points to the optimizers).
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#63 » 09 Dec 2016, 21:18

pier4r: Nice score !!
I'm beginning with the new rules, so I'm going down doing tests in multiplayer but I'll be back ^^ (no second account).
3 matchs, 3 defeats
I miss full shotgun on meeting point :-(

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#64 » 09 Dec 2016, 21:46

Yeah, Pier4r is kicking ass, and is definitely 1st place in 5.3

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#65 » 09 Dec 2016, 21:47

Nullpointer I found you and your nice tactics! SkidRow! Nice use of shotgun and mg as tanks to absorb damage.

I'm just holding some points (the 1690 will not come back) until the optimizers will come. It is like chess, maybe someone has an advantage until people starts to study patterns and such. In split team with skidrow I already recognized at least 3 different "bot and map optimized" AIs.

Johnbob i started league1 with pier lenovo a816. First 12 games, all lost.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#66 » 09 Dec 2016, 22:32

Something odd I've noticed: occasionally the Android will give a message saying gladiabots crashed right after I've exited the game. Never did this before

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#67 » 09 Dec 2016, 22:51

omg 1704 grats

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#68 » 09 Dec 2016, 22:57

It will be short lived, but feels good in this game. Thanks!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#69 » 09 Dec 2016, 23:35

Anyway I do not know how is the feeling from the other players but the 5.3.1 feels , for the moment, absolutely ridden from the rock/paper/scissor phenomena.

It feels more like a chess game, were according to the maps one has important pieces, like the queen, and lost those one can contain the enemy a for some 40 seconds and then that's it.

Also the starting position of those pieces is more or less like an opening in chess. I like it really a lot. Well done GFX. I would also say that, even if we are forced to use assault, it is integrated pretty well. For example alone a shotgun cannot wreak havoc, as well as a lone mg.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#70 » 09 Dec 2016, 23:54

Same feeling for me. If you lose your Sniper or the MG to early, that's it. If you lose to many Assaults in the beginning, that's it to. No more r/p/s.

Only annoying is, that I'm falling really deep and for some maps like Ring of Fire I don't have an idea how to get started. congrats pier for the 1st place. You deserve it (at this time :twisted:)

For me a problem now is the specialization thing. I started with generic Assault Bots. But like before there are some map-related and position related tweaks to be done. The AI has gotten a lot more complex since 5.2, So now, changes are much more complicated for me now.

How do you deal with that issue in 5.3?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#71 » 10 Dec 2016, 09:39

Ritter Runkel wrote:For me a problem now is the specialization thing. I started with generic Assault Bots. But like before there are some map-related and position related tweaks to be done. The AI has gotten a lot more complex since 5.2, So now, changes are much more complicated for me now.

How do you deal with that issue in 5.3?

The 1st place is there only because I just got some ideas first, with the specialization that you mention, that will obliterate me, my objective will be to hold league 4 (so over 1200 points).

I do not specialize at the moment unless I get a lot of defeats in a certain map (because then it is not so smart to do nothing). I have generic AI for best score for every bot class and I use them on every map according to the formation, if I see that the generic AI cannot really perform on a specific map (like mind game), then I duplicate the generic AI and I adapt it for the map. Like branching (this game is awesome, it is teaching also the value of specialization, branching, versioning, etc.). Note that I will likely not get the point were I specialize per map, per bot class and per bot position. This will happen in the future by some players (I'll likely not do it), because even the bot position at the start can be used to focus fire (like in alpha 4.3, I remember walls of bots long range focusing fire).

Which map is rings of fire?

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#72 » 10 Dec 2016, 09:53

I meant circle of death

I just refurbished my AI's to be more generic. Now I have 3 generic ones I use almost all the time and seven specialized (optimized for maintenance; only one or two nodes are different; so I always can copy and change).

Maybe that works better, just won some games in a row, first time in 5.3

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#73 » 10 Dec 2016, 11:01

In the last 20 matches I meet mcompany 4 times, 2 of which in COD (lost). There is a curse around. :cry:

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#74 » 11 Dec 2016, 02:13

NullPointer wrote:Found a minor bug:

- Press fast-forward
- Press play
- Fast-foward button is still greyed out
- Hover mouse over Fast-forward button
- Button is active again

Same for the slow motion button.

Platform: OS X

Happens on PC version

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#75 » 11 Dec 2016, 14:15

Possible bug.

several Robots on multiple maps have assigned the first AI by default (so, let's call it BB)

Then the a new AI is created with name AA for example. Well all those robots gets the program AA, not BB anymore.

HDeffo
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#76 » 12 Dec 2016, 01:33

pier4r wrote:Possible bug.

several Robots on multiple maps have assigned the first AI by default (so, let's call it BB)

Then the a new AI is created with name AA for example. Well all those robots gets the program AA, not BB anymore.

I actually hope this bug/feature doesn't get fixed. Instead of trying to change each bot to a new AI its much easier to just name a new one to the top of the list and automatically change all bots

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#77 » 12 Dec 2016, 06:02

Actually thats the a bug fix i pressume .Thats to counter crashes recently reported because of the server trying to get deleted(unsaved) ais setuped on a map but not on the ai list.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#78 » 12 Dec 2016, 06:26

No problems here :lol:
Screenshot_2016-12-12-13-22-30.png
;)
Screenshot_2016-12-12-13-22-30.png (128.49 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#79 » 12 Dec 2016, 13:14

When no AI has been selected for a bot (or the selected AI has been deleted), the game automatically assigns the first one of the list.
It will keep the BB AI if you specifically select it from the list.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#80 » 13 Dec 2016, 12:13

mcompany wrote:
NullPointer wrote:Found a minor bug:

- Press fast-forward
- Press play
- Fast-foward button is still greyed out
- Hover mouse over Fast-forward button
- Button is active again

Same for the slow motion button.

Platform: OS X

Happens on PC version

I uploaded new versions (still 5.3.1) for PC, Mac and Linux on gladiabots.com
Could you please check them and tell me if the bug is gone?

Return to “Release candidates”