- Added distance from arena borders conditions, selectors and filters
- Fixed performance issues on low end devices
- Fixed black screen on Android 8

See the roadmap for more details.

Builds:
Android
Windows
Linux

Warning: this build uses a new resolution engine version so Alpha 10.2 matches will be unplayable.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#2 » 05 Oct 2017, 16:45

GFX47 wrote:Changelog:
- Added more counting conditions
- Added health+shield conditions and filters
- Fixed black screen on Android 8

See the roadmap for more details.

Builds:
Android
Windows

Warning: this build uses a new resolution engine version so Alpha 10.2 matches will be unplayable.

I found a New Bug: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1082
Last edited by Revenge on 05 Oct 2017, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 05 Oct 2017, 16:46

GFX47 wrote:Changelog:
- Added more counting conditions
- Added health+shield conditions and filters

Did not checked but it seems a great work! It is already important enough for a major version!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#4 » 05 Oct 2017, 17:29

RC3 is live (fixing this), I updated the links in the original post.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 05 Oct 2017, 17:42

GFX47 wrote:RC3 is live (fixing this), I updated the links in the original post.

Works fine, thanx!

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 05 Oct 2017, 17:48

You are aware that no more bots will be destroyed by the border if the arena?

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#7 » 05 Oct 2017, 17:54

TheKidPunisher wrote:You are aware that no more bots will be destroyed by the border if the arena?

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#8 » 05 Oct 2017, 18:08

GFX47 wrote:
TheKidPunisher wrote:You are aware that no more bots will be destroyed by the border if the arena?

I'm fine with this. If it ever gets reverted I'm requesting a map called "The Donut" with a medium circle wall in the middle, where the lack of distance filters would cause it to become an RNG game where you see which bot falls in the hole when battling. (i have a strange sense of humor)

But yeah,

if wall is short range( attack closest enemy )
Else(move toward closest enemy)
Effectively stops all bots from dying from wall collision.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 05 Oct 2017, 18:57

Revenge wrote:But yeah,

if wall is short range( attack closest enemy )
Else(move toward closest enemy)
Effectively stops all bots from dying from wall collision.

Oh man, who knows, maybe it might promote smarter AI play... or maybe it won't be any advantage whatsoever.
Does anyone else realize that if they manages to easily get their opponent to the walls that they probably was already winning (or should already be winning)?

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 05 Oct 2017, 19:12

Either they run into the wall or suicide, whats the difference? It takes around the same time for them to die.

The point is now we can finally detect if we are pushing or not. That's the game changer.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#11 » 05 Oct 2017, 19:41

I want to try to remove the auto destroy when hitting the borders and replace it by just blocking movement.
The intent is to give the opportunity to change strategy when cornered.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#12 » 05 Oct 2017, 21:05

GFX47 wrote:I want to try to remove the auto destroy when hitting the borders and replace it by just blocking movement.
The intent is to give the opportunity to change strategy when cornered.

Ok, so you can be sure it will change as you wanted

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 05 Oct 2017, 21:37

Not necessarily. Someone can discover tht luring some bots following another (that then gets destroyed) may buy time for other actions. Like on mp.

Also, at the start new players will always forget (or veterans missing filters) this feature so there will be always some matches with bot destroyed and lesson learned.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Melkor
Script
Script

Post#14 » 06 Oct 2017, 00:20

pier4r wrote:Not necessarily. Someone can discover tht luring some bots following another (that then gets destroyed) may buy time for other actions. Like on mp.

But wouldn't it be better to run over by the wall, stop, and force them to take the time to kill you? You're still better off not running into the wall.

Also, at the start new players will always forget (or veterans missing filters) this feature so there will be always some matches with bot destroyed and lesson learned.[/quote]

New players will definitely forget, but I doubt veterans will (assuming they read the updates thread. You just have to go into your retreat subroutine and add a filter that checks if the wall is in close range. I don't think it necessarily makes the game worse, but the only way I see it helping me is on Kingmaker, since my shotgun likes to get pushed into the bottom wall.

EDIT:Also, is the gold rank now supposed to be ~1550 to 2292? Because that's what its showing me.

EDIT2:Actually, I'm pretty sure I couldn't get it to update, so maybe that's why there's problems. I'm going to try to update it now, but the google store says I'm on the most advanced version. I'm a bit confused.

EDIT3:I got the update from the forum, and it works right. However, the new ranking system is horrible, IMO. I don't want to constantly play against people above 1900, there's just no point. I'm just slowly going to lose all my elo, since those guys can just match all they want, and pad their losses by beating what used to be Master league. Eventually all the former masters will just get demoted, so it's not like this helps with the shrinking player base. Maybe I'm a minority, but I definitely vote to go back to the older system.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#15 » 06 Oct 2017, 08:05

Melkor wrote:
EDIT3:I got the update from the forum, and it works right. However, the new ranking system is horrible, IMO. I don't want to constantly play against people above 1900, there's just no point. I'm just slowly going to lose all my elo, since those guys can just match all they want, and pad their losses by beating what used to be Master league. Eventually all the former masters will just get demoted, so it's not like this helps with the shrinking player base. Maybe I'm a minority, but I definitely vote to go back to the older system.

No it is very difficult for you to lose elo (you lose crumbs, that one victory will offset), but it is also very frustrating after a certain gap.

Sometimes I have the feeling that the matchmaking results are not really grasped by whom supports certain league divisions.

I propose once again: one huge league, dynamic "leagues" done with +/- a score. 400 points of difference maximum.

So 1900 vs 1500 can happen, and it is not totally meaningless. But 2200 vs 1500 cannot happen because that is meaningless.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#16 » 06 Oct 2017, 08:57

And top players will complain they always fight the same guys...

WildLynx
Hello World
Hello World

Post#17 » 06 Oct 2017, 09:01

pier4r wrote:I propose once again: one huge league, dynamic "leagues" done with +/- a score. 400 points of difference maximum.

So 1900 vs 1500 can happen, and it is not totally meaningless. But 2200 vs 1500 cannot happen because that is meaningless.
Well, playing on 1800+, sometimes I happen to lose unranked matches against 1100-1200. However, I agree, the new huge leagues are meaningless and frustrating in general.

The game should take into account a score difference to limit opponents available in ranked matches. 400 points look reasonable.
https://stats.gladiabots.com/player?name=WildLynx

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#18 » 06 Oct 2017, 09:12

Like to see more guys in the same league as me, i will certainly start to play again and see for playing match against all these people (without waiting 1day between each match in ranked games)

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#19 » 06 Oct 2017, 09:13

pier4r wrote:I propose once again: one huge league, dynamic "leagues" done with +/- a score. 400 points of difference maximum.

To me this way of doing this makes a lot of sense.

The leagues were nice to mark a kind of mile stone in your development, but that has already mostly disappeared with the new leagues. It would be a compromise to do the match making according to the big/dynamic league idea, and have the leagues like we had until recently as a cosmetic thing, basically calling you in a certain league because your elo is in the correct range, but it not having any effect except the title thing, because it just feels more satisfying to say your in the diamond league, than to say 'I have an elo somewhere between 1400 and 1600'.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#20 » 06 Oct 2017, 09:15

GFX47 wrote:And top players will complain they always fight the same guys...

Right now, Miojo would only have 11 opponents for instance.

Return to “Release candidates”