Bot and Node Info

J7Luke
Script
Script

Bot and Node Info

Post#1 » 29 Dec 2016, 05:46

I don't know if this is already planned or not, but I did not see it on the roadmap. It would be nice if there was some sort of reference that one could consult for more detailed information on nodes and bots. This could either be in or out of the game. In-game would be cool, but an out-of-game guide on the official website seems more practical. Anyways, one thing I noticed when I first started playing is that there is a HUGE learning curve. That's why I think a guide would be handy. Here are some examples of things that a guide would have helped me with when I was learning the game: [1] When I first began, I could not understand the difference between a Bot Tag, a Team Tag, and an Exclusive Team Tag, [2] when I started League 2 I did not know there was a difference in damage between an Assault Bot and a Shotgun Bot, [3] I still do not know if different bots have different health values, [4] I do not know the differences in the speed of the bots, [5] I still do not understand the point system in multiplayer. These are all things that a guide could help new players understand.
A guide might seem unnecessary now, but your alpha testers are much more likely to have the right thinking style to pick up these things quickly, and they are also much more likely to hunt through forums, game guides, etc. to find answers. But if you are hoping to appeal to a large target audience, they are going to need some extra help finding the answers to these questions. Also, having an official game guide will be better than a Wiki or other type of unofficial guide because those become inaccurate quickly in a game with constant changes being made. Below I will try to make a list of things that would be helpful in a guide.

Bots:
Bot health
Bot shield
Bot damage per second at each range
Bot time between shots
Bot damage per shot
Bot range
Bot speed

AI Nodes:
Detailed description of each possible
Target Type option
Target Selection option
Condition option
Action option
Target Filter option
How the targeting system works (sort of included in previous list item, but bears repeating)

Rules:
How multiplayer scoring works
What multiplayer leagues there are and what point ranges they are
How you unlock more bots
What changes with a bot's abilities if it picks up a resource
How walls work

Other:
Tips for certain AI routines
Picture of each map
AIs to practice against

If something like this exists, please point me to it.
If something pretty much like this exists but is unofficial, please point me to it.
If you have any ideas you would like to add to my list, please do!

HDeffo
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Bot and Node Info

Post#2 » 29 Dec 2016, 05:55

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 29 Dec 2016, 05:55

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=214&p=2383&sid=2c6bd0d3a78de250048abea9ec4238e6#p2383
Has link to FAQ moslty maybe everything you need is in papa piers thread(stats, etc etc.)
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

J7Luke
Script
Script

Post#4 » 29 Dec 2016, 06:00

Wow, thanks! I guess I could have just typed: Where is the best game guide? I have looked all over for something like this.

I still like the idea of an official guide, but this is great in the meantime, thanks!

HDeffo
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 29 Dec 2016, 06:01

If you need help guiding through things your best assistance would likely be joining us on the telegram group chat for the game! We always enjoy new members over there

J7Luke
Script
Script

Post#6 » 29 Dec 2016, 06:05

Thanks! The guides that you and some others made are really helpful, and pretty much what I was looking for. I just didn't know where to look before this post. If I get stuck, I'll look into the group chat, thanks!

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 29 Dec 2016, 07:59

Return to “Feature Requests”