Subclass Filter not counted

MaceWindu
Script
Script

Subclass Filter not counted

Post#1 » 10 Jan 2019, 02:52

Hi,

my idea is simple: Since there is the limit of 200 evaluated nodes per tick, lots of (advanced) players tend to build an AI for each class (and probably each game mode coming) as each class/mode needs different treatment. This is a lot of work and usually very hard to maintain. There is a way to combine all trees in one AI with filters such as "if myself is shotgun". However, having several of these filters will lead to numerous "myself"-filters to be evaluated, thus reducing the maximal available nodes for evaluation.
In order to make maintenance of AIs in one tree possible, I'd suggest that all if "if myself is shotgun" or "if game mode is domination" are available as a special node and are like the connector node not counted for evaluation.

Miojo
Script
Script

Re: Subclass Filter not counted

Post#2 » 10 Jan 2019, 03:15

+1

The need to make 1 AI per class is boring.

Making one AI per class per game mode would be a dealbreaker for me.

(Yes, I'm the kind of player that needs to compete for the #1 spot to have fun in this game)

Vanadio
Hello World
Hello World

Post#3 » 10 Jan 2019, 15:44

I agree it would be nice. The problem is that if the computation effort is the same on normal node it goes against the reason behind limitation has been put. Limitation came to limit computation, since sub-AI and connectors are always true they can be ignored. But what if one put 100 (if myself shotgun)?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 10 Jan 2019, 17:52

Agree in general and agree on possible abuses.

What about giving a leeway for some 100 "if myself class X" (and nothing else to prevent tricks). 100 is not plenty nor a little.

Plus gfx may hardcode some optimizations for such nodes.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#5 » 18 Jan 2019, 08:35

The counting method can already be a bit obscure for some players, lets not complicate it even more.
Plus, the goal is to limit CPU load and these conditions take CPU load like any others (a relatively small load but still).

Return to “General Discussions”