Add or Move "Carrying Resource" to "target current action"

Ed-209
Algorithm
Algorithm

Add or Move "Carrying Resource" to "target current action"

Post#1 » 12 Dec 2018, 02:08

I think moving or adding the selection "Carrying Resource" to the "Target Current Action" tab could be very beneficial to saving some nodes in everyone's ai. :idea:
Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1631 times

Vanadio
Hello World
Hello World

Re: Add or Move "Carrying Resource" to "target current action"

Post#2 » 12 Dec 2018, 13:22

Yes, I second thhis feature request.

As a side note, why is it separated? It shouldn't for the same reasons we do not have separate section for bases. Imagine having separate sections for each base:

ALLY BASE
moving to

ENEMY BASE
moving to

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 12 Dec 2018, 13:30

Sorry, I don't see how it would improve your AI. Could you elaborate?
It's separated because it's not an action, it's more like a state. Actions are all exclusive and it seems logical to store them in a common category.

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#4 » 12 Dec 2018, 15:13

GFX47 wrote:Sorry, I don't see how it would improve your AI. Could you elaborate?
It's separated because it's not an action, it's more like a state. Actions are all exclusive and it seems logical to store them in a common category.

i think it's more about achieving the same result removing an entire category "resource" while adding a single button in an already existing category "target action". A sort of optimization of the gui more than an improvement of AI.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#5 » 12 Dec 2018, 16:04

How would you check if your target is carrying a resource and is moving to myself or to an ally?

M4L4
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 12 Dec 2018, 22:35

GFX47 wrote:How would you check if your target is carrying a resource and is moving to myself or to an ally?

well yes, in that case every condition would use the same logic operator, and that would be bad.
good point.

Ed-209
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 12 Dec 2018, 23:47

GFX, if I were to select from the above shot I would then only attack an enemy carrying a resource at close range attacking an ally or fleeing from an ally. That won't ever happen that the enemy would be carrying a resource and attacking (unless someones ai is really flawed).

What I want to do is attack enemy at close range that is either attacking an ally or fleeing from an ally or carrying resource.

As I see it, any task that a bot is performing is an "action", in this context, "carrying a resource" is an action.

Ed-209
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 18 Feb 2019, 05:23

GFX, I understand what you are saying for that particular instance, but what if I want to attack closest enemy "moving to a resource" or "carrying a resource" set up in the same node. I can't find a way to do that with the current and if they are separated to two nodes all of a sudden one option has more priority, plus I now have two nodes where it could have only been one. That is why I had suggested adding "carrying resource" to the target current action tab. There is no reason that it couldn't be in both places is there?

Also, I don't think that an enemy would actually carry a resource and move toward me or an ally, they more likely would carry a resource and move toward a base, carrying resource to me or ally would be a suicide and a gift of a resource.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#9 » 18 Feb 2019, 11:44

The reason is filters in current action categories are exclusives.

Return to “Feature Requests”