A button to queue 10 games at once or a quick deploy button

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

A button to queue 10 games at once or a quick deploy button

Post#1 » 13 Oct 2017, 22:39

I request a button to queue 10 games at once because currently queuing a single game takes 5 to 10 seconds. I never change my AI or my bot formation and the step to set this up every time is a complete waste of time for me. Currently queuing 10 games takes over a minute.

Just name it "Rapid depoly 10 games" or "Quick deploy 10 games". You can even make a slider to choose how many games to deploy or whatever with the default on 10.

Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (677.02 KiB) Viewed 927 times

I have all maps set up with .TeamA and .TeamB so I can change the AI for every map at once whenever I want. So can I just get a buttom to queue 10 random maps with the current AI setups? This would greatly increase my activity in the game.

Or maybe make a button to quick deploy one game without setting anything up. I can just press that button 10 times.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: A button to queue 10 games at once or a quick deploy button

Post#2 » 13 Oct 2017, 23:18

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 14 Oct 2017, 02:59

Imo, there could potentially be 2 possible problems for this request
1. I know that during 6.1 and 7.x I abused a trick that allowed me to successfully request a large number of games (sometimes around 15 if I was lucky) all at once. One of the main drawbacks though is that there is a large number of lag between requesting and verifying that response was sent back, and you are adding even more lag on top of that (to send a layout and get a response back)
2. Since there currently is no true headless computation of a match yet (rewinding is literally starting over and going in fast forward without rendering, which is NOT a true headless computation), all matches still have to be verified by a player watching them. There were some days back when I start the day with 30 unseen matches, and with that on top of school, on top of trying to figure out why I lost some matches, it would take me the whole day just to watch them all. Even with no distractions on fast forward, if we assume that all marches are 5 minutes each (without accounting for lag), 10 matches is still 25 minutes long of watch (add in any development time, and it just takes forever)

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 14 Oct 2017, 03:38

1. is solvable server side.

2. is solvable by not using the feature.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 14 Oct 2017, 03:56

sollniss wrote:2. is solvable by not using the feature.

"Oh man, there is legitimately something to consider as a legit problem or limitation, I guess we should still add it in and tell people not to use it instead of, you know, considering it."

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#6 » 14 Oct 2017, 08:09

Does anyone ever look at the roadmap? XD

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 14 Oct 2017, 09:27

I think she is nor clear/easy to use

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#8 » 14 Oct 2017, 09:52

TheKidPunisher wrote:I think she is nor clear/easy to use

In the average case I disagree. Sometimes I miss further informations about a card to get what it is about.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#9 » 14 Oct 2017, 17:00

GFX47 wrote:Does anyone ever look at the roadmap? XD

no
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#10 » 14 Oct 2017, 21:45

Kanishka wrote:...

I saw that.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Return to “Feature Requests”