Does mouse work for any other Linux users?

drartimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Does mouse work for any other Linux users?

Post#1 » 17 Aug 2017, 06:42

I downloaded and unzipped 9.1 for Linux. The game opens, the mouse moves, but only the right button works, but it only wants to escape. I can't left click or operate menus with arrows or any keys. It seems only escape will quit, and enter will activate the selected button, which will quit.

Am I the only guy using Linux, or just the only Linux user with this issue?

Let me tell you, it was scary AF when it wanted to sync with the server or local and I couldn't operate the menu.

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit, Cinnamon ver 2.2.16, Linux Kernel 3.13.0.24-generic, System 76 Bonobo Extreme Laptop
"If it acts like it's not running your code, it's probably not running your code." -- me, I say this all the GD time!

drartimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Does mouse work for any other Linux users?

Post#2 » 17 Aug 2017, 06:59

Ok, when I tried again, I selected windowed mode (in the post before, I did full screen), and the mouse seems to work fully, clicking menus, looking at AIs, even deleting nodes, but the syncing seems to be still out of sorts (I have an Android tablet that STILL has a good game state). Not the worst shape, but I don't feel like the game in Linux is stable.

How best can I preserve my AIs on my Android tablet? Just keep selecting local when it thinks it should sync? Anything I should try on Linux to help with this issue?
"If it acts like it's not running your code, it's probably not running your code." -- me, I say this all the GD time!

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 17 Aug 2017, 09:14

You're not the only Linux player but you're the first to report it.
It looks like another engine related problem.
Did you play the previous versions on Linux?

Simply select local data when a sync conflict is triggered if you want to... well keep local data ^^

drartimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#4 » 17 Aug 2017, 15:44

Sorry, I got a little panicy. I've lost a week's worth of progress back in June because I played the game in the back woods of the Midwest with no internet and when I got signal, I synced with the server and wiped my local. It was a while ago, and I was WAY too quick on the trigger. I stopped playing for like a month feeling pretty deflated.

I'm also one of those "power" users who uses two computers with the game. I've relied on syncing before as a way of backing up game state, but I know that's a pretty unrefined weapon.

The last version I had on Linux was 8.8 I had little to no issues. Any problems were slight and hard to reproduce. I am able to repro the mouse not working in full screen, and working again in windowed.

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 26 Aug 2017, 23:39

I use linux too.. Mouse does not work in full screen mode, but does work in windowed mode, for me at least.

Return to “Bug Reports”