Pure AI league

TalonZa
Script
Script

Pure AI league

Post#1 » 05 Aug 2017, 11:14

Could we have a separate league that is all about the real AI. Where you can not change your AI based on map or position. One generic AI that applies to all bots and all maps.

IMHO, this will be the greatest judge of AI ability. How your AI adjusts too diffetent circumstances without hard coding for specific maps.

In this league, there is no need to request games. Oncee committed, the server will automatically place your bot on a rank per map and also over all.

Arcueid_57
Script
Script

Re: Pure AI league

Post#2 » 05 Aug 2017, 11:27

+1 for a single Generic AI all bots all maps
+1 for the automatic pairing

Today tournaments main problem IMHO is the fact players know their opponents name and can change or adapt AIs.

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 05 Aug 2017, 12:24

But if I want to change my AI...?
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 05 Aug 2017, 13:15

TalonZa wrote:In this league, there is no need to request games. Oncee committed, the server will automatically place your bot on a rank per map and also over all.

and who pays for the CPU time?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 05 Aug 2017, 13:17

Arcueid_57 wrote:Today tournaments main problem IMHO is the fact players know their opponents name and can change or adapt AIs.

That's valid for both players but it is difficult to adapt to the opponent without working a lot of hours, so likely won't happen.

If every match would be done ina week, maybe yes.
Last edited by pier4r on 05 Aug 2017, 18:15, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Arcueid_57
Script
Script

Post#6 » 05 Aug 2017, 14:57

Ein Stein wrote:But if I want to change my AI...?

1 tournament 1 AI, changes have to be done at the end with the learning got during the fights.

pier4r wrote:
Arcueid_57 wrote:Today tournaments main problem IMHO is the fact players know their opponents name and can change or adapt AIs.

That's valid for both players but it difficult to adapt to the opponent without woking a lot o hours, so likely won't happen.

If every match would be done ina week, maybe yes.

You are right, it's valid for both.
But time needed to adapt can be much shorter than "a lot of hours".
Still it take time I agree, but watching all the 4-5 last replay of the opponent on the given map and adapt (initial positions, level of push to apply, specific counter...) can be done and then the tournament winner will be not only the smartest AI but the one who spend the more time the adapt for each fight.
Why not, but it's not my ideal vision for the game.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 05 Aug 2017, 18:17

Understood but I don't think it is that likely. One has to study replays where he has not his own ai, so it is not sure if the changes are effective.

I can understand if one adapts, tests against the opponent, and then does the tournament game, but changes without testing (against the target of the test)? Not sure they will work, likely not.

Return to “Feature Requests”