Please mark videos as "seen" on replay start, not end

Post#1 » 04 Aug 2017, 00:44

As the title says...

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Please mark videos as "seen" on replay start, not end

Post#2 » 04 Aug 2017, 00:59

+1 Except that matches are only registered on replay end... and it isn't like we haven't requested headless computation of matches before, have we?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 04 Aug 2017, 07:44

you should play a match until the end to confirm that it goes how it goes. See the faq.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TalonZa
Script
Script

Post#4 » 10 Aug 2017, 11:00

Why do I have to watch to the end to know how it went. If I exit when all my guys are dead and the enemy had more resources stashed than me, the outcome is already clear. I shouldn't have to wait for his last bot to collect the other 5 resources and waste my time.

When a match is made, the game is played on the server and the outcome already determined. This is obvious because your ELO rank changes already before the game has been watched. This also prevents any cheating. Clicking to watch is purely a replay.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 10 Aug 2017, 11:05

TalonZa wrote:When a match is made, the game is played on the server and the outcome already determined. This is obvious because your ELO rank changes already before the game has been watched. This also prevents any cheating. Clicking to watch is purely a replay.

False. Like I've already stated in the thread, the results are only recorded at the end of a matches after you've watched the whole thing. The only only reason it looks like the elo was changed beforehand is because your opponent watched the full match already, and thus sent the result of the match to the server already

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 10 Aug 2017, 11:21

Nevertheless the match has to be watched by both players to create a "digest" and confirm that it went how it went (although it seems that the checks are not always fulproof , see darktheatre)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TalonZa
Script
Script

Post#7 » 14 Aug 2017, 10:45

Ahh, i see now. That makes sense... Just annoying anyways. Perhaps a better solution to ask for is declare win/loss the moment a player has stashed >50% available resources

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 14 Aug 2017, 23:47

TalonZa wrote: Perhaps a better solution to ask for is declare win/loss the moment a player has stashed >50% available resources

This has also been rrquested previously, but many players argued that there is too much valuable information available if the match runs the full time limit.

Maybe an automatic "pause" once >50% has neen reached with a player option to continue the replay if desired, or end the replay there?

Return to “Feature Requests”