Brawn over brains.

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Brawn over brains.

Post#1 » 26 Dec 2016, 12:58

Right, I cave. I can't handle fights on mind games, barred spiral and most of all that god forsaken circle of death. My AI just doesn't have time to think! I need advice.

How do you guys handle these maps?

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Re: Brawn over brains.

Post#2 » 26 Dec 2016, 13:26

CoD... attack closest short range, attack weakest shield med range, attack weakest shield long range, don't flee if short/med range enemy exists. Don't use tags.

I deleted all my AIs but this was the basic idea behind my CoD build. There was a couple of more specific nodes like attacking shotgun and MG priorities as well but I forgot exactly how it went. it went undefeated for a week of constant play in Alpha 6.0.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 26 Dec 2016, 15:40

See on the bright side, it's just 3 maps.
I still can't use my previous strategy to beat a simple AI that doesn't tag anything. I can just make a slightly better one.

I don't need to redo just 1 or 2 maps, I need to redo my core subtrees completely. I'll eventually find motivation to do it.

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#4 » 26 Dec 2016, 16:26

MGBlitz81 wrote:CoD... attack closest short range, attack weakest shield med range, attack weakest shield long range, don't flee if short/med range enemy exists. Don't use tags.

I owe you one. While I had to break my "one ai fits all" philosophy, I can win at least some of these games now. Thank you :)

NullPointer wrote:See on the bright side, it's just 3 maps.
I still can't use my previous strategy to beat a simple AI that doesn't tag anything. I can just make a slightly better one.

I don't need to redo just 1 or 2 maps, I need to redo my core subtrees completely. I'll eventually find motivation to do it.

Tagging isn't the be all and end all. Clearly you need some stupidity *cough* I mean bravery without thinking in some situations or you lose the edge in battle. The tags lead you in to better fights, if you have time to plan them. (all personal experience, of course)

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 26 Dec 2016, 19:27

You'll be beating me for a while with that build, I haven't specialized since the update. I'm just building my general AI from scratch at the moment.

Glad I could help you though!

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 26 Dec 2016, 20:02

To be completely honest, all of my AIs are completely generic and are used for every map. Thus I still still lay down tags and retreat on Circle of Death (yet no one has beat me on Circle of Death since 6.1)

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 26 Dec 2016, 20:12

mcompany wrote:To be completely honest, all of my AIs are completely generic and are used for every map. Thus I still still lay down tags and retreat on Circle of Death (yet no one has beat me on Circle of Death since 6.1)

Bro you're the Aggro king. So your bots even know what retreat is?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#8 » 26 Dec 2016, 20:13

I'm the aggro king, not the kamikaze king

Return to “Questions”