League points

BoDown
Hello World
Hello World

League points

Post#1 » 09 Dec 2017, 11:03

Hayoo all new to the forum but old to the game lol bean playing for the last 3 days and i am confused why do I lose points on matches I win?

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: League points

Post#2 » 09 Dec 2017, 12:14

Shouldn't happen. On a draw yes. On a victory no.
https://wiki.gladiabots.com/index.php?t ... ague_score

Could you share a replay?
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Jeffrey Harpen
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 10 Dec 2017, 14:21

I've got the same problem. An example: 829554. The funny thing is that when I replay it using the number, I see a draw, but when I replay it from my match list it's a victory. You can compare it with what I could see on my screen: https://youtu.be/BVDFv85W2QM
And in my list:
20171210_142604.png
20171210_142604.png (153.29 KiB) Viewed 469 times

The key is that different AIs were put into my bots in each case.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#4 » 10 Dec 2017, 18:01

It appears to be a problem with the resolution not giving the same result on different devices.
The elo point delta reveals the first result pushed = the first player resolving the match.

I don't have a clue why though. If 2 players with different results on the same match could share a video of the match execution, it would greatly help.

Jeffrey Harpen
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 10 Dec 2017, 19:38

GFX47 wrote:It appears to be a problem with the resolution not giving the same result on different devices.

I doubt. I've got two different results on the same device, depending on if I replay from my local match list or get the replay from the server. The only difference is in AIs. Server seems to keep an obsolete AI. The situation was that I was making some changes in my AI to see if there will be any improvement. I deployed, but the match was a draw. So I made some changes in AI and deployed once again. In other words I used the same AI with the same name, but different version. This time I saw my bots winning, but ELO points calculated as it was a draw. Then I replayed this mistaken match and saw my bots not winning, because it was replayed with this older version of AI.

Well, at least that's how it suppose to look like, but it was a little more complicated because I used "autodeploy option". I think the problem could be that it was autodeployed match, which originally used first version of AI, but my local app used newer version when showing me the match. I mean you don't download your own AI from the server, do you? You just take it from local data, right? But what if that AI has changed meanwhile? It is possible and there is a quite different AI deployed on the server and on your local match list.

The easiest solution seems to be: always download both AIs (yours and opponent's) from the server. I know, it would take a lot more data to transfer, but another solution is to remove autodeploy option. Even worse, huh?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#6 » 10 Dec 2017, 19:46

The AI is uploaded to server when you deploy and downloaded from server when you replay the match.
You shouldn't be able to change the AI before replay.
I can't reproduce it though :(
I'll investigate it thoroughly tomorrow.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#7 » 11 Dec 2017, 00:01

By the way, if someone finds the exact steps to reproduce this bug, it would help me a lot <3

BoDown
Hello World
Hello World

Post#8 » 11 Dec 2017, 00:52

Hello sorry I didn't get back sooner here is a image of one match I'll record the replay addmitfully this match I would not expect a lot of points but I lost a lot sooo. sad face.
Attachments
Gladiabots_2017-12-10-18-32-57.png
Gladiabots_2017-12-10-18-32-57.png (674.32 KiB) Viewed 446 times

BoDown
Hello World
Hello World

Post#9 » 11 Dec 2017, 01:55

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#10 » 11 Dec 2017, 15:55