[Poll] How many AI do you actively use? And How many per map?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: [Poll] How many AI do you actively use? And How many per map?

Post#21 » 09 Dec 2016, 18:50

Yes I know but i have the nvidia k1 for gaming so I'm fixed with that. I believe in AI editor with select nodes, copy paste and/or reusable AIs. This is also a good way to limit me from making 45 AIs, after 6-8 I'm too lazy.

edit: report. Having 1661 I have absolutely no problem to find opponents, often different. I would say that the rule of 10-15 minutes is great, unless one is unlucky with the timezone.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#22 » 09 Dec 2016, 18:52

Report: Grizzly just tried to push a MG with a shotgun, did not work. Lost a lot of damage chances. Well done GFX.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#23 » 09 Dec 2016, 19:02

Oh so now I understand why no one wants to get auto sync ^^

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#24 » 09 Dec 2016, 19:19

one.

Fight me

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#25 » 10 Dec 2016, 20:25

HBomb wrote:one.

Fight me

Really only one? It seems pretty strong.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#26 » 10 Dec 2016, 21:15

HBomb wrote:one

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#27 » 11 Dec 2016, 15:20

GFX47 wrote:

I also use just one AI. Why am I not your boy, then? :P
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#28 » 11 Dec 2016, 16:22

request: please do not quote over and over the same image if that is large.

my screen is small!

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#29 » 11 Dec 2016, 20:20

GFX47 wrote:

Senpai noticed me! <3

pier4r wrote:

Really only one? It seems pretty strong.

Have we faced off? I apologise but I don't remember the username (apart from your fabulous work on the forums).

I enjoy the challenge of a massive AI that must use different strategies in different maps and situations. Plus, when my opponent does something really cool, like running up to headbutt my open sniper or using weaklings to mule resources, I want all my babies to do it and not just that one bot. Losing is a gift! :D

Edit: Ahh you have Nvidia after your name. I like your AIs they're always a bit different and I often learn something from them.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#30 » 11 Dec 2016, 20:31

But you really manage all with one AI, for all the maps? I can understand one AI __per map__, but not a generic one. How many nodes (no subtrees, actions or conditions) does it have?

edi: you need to meet nullpointer.

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#31 » 11 Dec 2016, 21:48

I've fought nullpointer a couple of times. Tough fights, of course. I'll admit the maps I have issues with are the extreme ones such as circle of death and mind games. But once I decipher and catagorize them it'll be all good :). There's only a limited number of situations a robot can be in, so one AI should fit them all.

I have 138 nodes, not including subtrees. Maybe another 7 for a debatable ranged shogtgun piece. You beat me? I'm probably adding more nodes. I could probably double it to handle the question "when to pick a fight" until comparisons become a thing (If ever) but my phone already takes 1 to 3 seconds to register each button press :\. Bring on real subtrees! And counting!

It's probably optimal, for the moment, to use one per bot per game, but I'm a stubborn fool. :)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#32 » 11 Dec 2016, 22:57

Yes exactly the handling of large AIs is the problem. It is not that we do not want to make large AI handling everything, is that past 100 nodes you need a pretty good single thread CPU performances to process the AI editor.

This, and the fact that some differentiation can be achieved only with two different AIs (for example to focus fire ) because otherwise it is difficult to say "hey, you are the bot on the lower left, so use this branch" in terms of conditions. It is easier to assign a dedicated AI to that bot.

Nevertheless, good job. I'm not a fan of many AIs, because I'm lazy, and I know that the more the specialization the better the result (so I'm limited by my laziness), but I also - still due to laziness - recognize that making one single generic AI with the current editor is too much work.

edit: As expected I lost the 1700-1600 range because people starts to get creative and optimized. Mgblitz, ntk, christian are doing nice stuff. Aside from the well known nullpointer.

SolarTech
Hello World
Hello World

Post#33 » 15 Dec 2016, 04:41

I currently use 1 AI for all maps & all class. O.o
You all mostly have so many . . . O.o
(I may have to edit mine a bit now . . .)

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#34 » 15 Dec 2016, 10:18

With the new version I succeded making one AI for 4 maps (KM, MP, SW, SYP) which is a great deal to me since I used to have 2~3 AI for each map. And it works pretty well (currently 7th and aiming for Christian and NullPointer).
So work is in progress but here is my current situation:
KM, MP, SW, SYP = 1 AI
COD, ST = 1 AI (+1 for one bot in COD)
MG = 1 AI (+1 which is the same as COD)
BS = 2 AI

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#35 » 15 Dec 2016, 11:28

Mine active:

4 basic ais for each class (i play them mostly in every map)
1 additional basic for shotgun
1 additional for shotgun in barred spiral
2 for circle of death (as, mg)
3 for mind game (sg, mg, sn)

But I branch them always from the basic ones.

Avaren
Script
Script

Post#36 » 15 Dec 2016, 17:34

I only have 4 AIs in active use, 1 for each class.
I used to have AIs for different roles, but when different classes were introduced, my Unison line of AIs didn't work. My bots are now designated roles by their class and are designed to work together with their teammates.

Return to “Questions”