[Poll] How many AI do you actively use? And How many per map?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

[Poll] How many AI do you actively use? And How many per map?

Post#1 » 05 Dec 2016, 14:57

In the last days I was getting curious how many AIs my opponent used.

We know that nullpointer has at least 7 AIs, of which 4 for seven wonders and 3 for set priorities.
I have 5 Ais in use (were 7 some days ago).
Poostick said 4 AIs (source: telegram)
Ritter runkel said 14 Ais (source: telegram)
Kanishka screenshots on telegram, at least 10+ Ais
Christian said 16 Ais (source viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92&p=890#p890 )

And you?

edit: For me 5 Ais
Meeting Point: 2
Seven Wonders: A1
Set Your Priorities: same A1
Mind Game: 1
Split Team: same A1
Circle of Death: 1
Last edited by pier4r on 06 Dec 2016, 09:03, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: [Poll] How many AI do you actively use? And How many per map?

Post#2 » 05 Dec 2016, 20:05

Seven Wonders: 2
Set Your Priorities: 3
Mind Game: 2
Split Team: 3
Circle of Death: 2

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 05 Dec 2016, 20:57

Seven Wonders: 4
Split Team: 5
Circle of Death: 3

I need to work on my Meeting Point AIs, it's where 80% maybe 90% of my losses are currently.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 05 Dec 2016, 21:43

Seven Wonders: 1
Set Your Priorities: 2
Split Team: 2

Although I'm using the same AIs for Meeting Point as I am for Set Your Priorities (pushbot). The lack of AIs on Seven Wonders is because I don't know how to get the snipers focus fire on their first shot. Also my inside bot on Mind Game is the same as the machine gun bot in the pushbot, and the outside one I'd the unique one I was trying to work on

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 05 Dec 2016, 21:46

Nullpointer, johnbob you are quite specialized! Nullpointer is impressive in terms of specialization.

I guess I will never overcome that with a generic AI per map. Sorry, too lazy, I will feed you with my points muahahha.

This until the AI editor gest better, when one can copy, paste and copy to clipboard or one has reusable AI. Then, then will be my day of glory.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 05 Dec 2016, 23:14

Meeting Point: 2+1
Seven Wonders: 2+1+1
Set Your Priorities: sw

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 06 Dec 2016, 02:57

Seven wonders: A1 (same single ai)
Set your priorities: A1
Split team :A1
But as you can see im out on leaderboards cuz i got tired just waiting for pre testing 5.3.
Mindgame:2
Cod:2
Meetingpoint:3
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#8 » 06 Dec 2016, 07:54

Seven Wonders: 4
Mind Game: 1

chaiboy
Hello World
Hello World

Post#9 » 08 Dec 2016, 07:02

1, I have one I used for all of the maps.

I just keep tweaking it until it could win every battle. I was determined to make it universal. It does decently on multiplayer.

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#10 » 09 Dec 2016, 08:40

Right now im down to three AI´s total. One for the sniper, one for the MG and the third for assaults and shotguns. But I have played only 4 maps so far. :lol:

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#11 » 09 Dec 2016, 08:50

Yup with 5.3.1 I started to make AIs for bot classes too, then I will optimize per map. I have 5 AIs at the moment. (as, mg, sn, sg, suicide)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#12 » 09 Dec 2016, 09:35

Currently I'm using 4 AIs: 1 for snipers, one for machine guns/assaults, one for shotguns, and one that is the same as the machine gun/assault AI but it attacks at long range

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 09 Dec 2016, 11:04

I have to say that nullpointer was mostly right. In alpha 5.2 I had mostly one AI per map, that would control all the classes. Now I have almost an AI per class, so on a map I combine those. It is impressive how much more fine tuning one could do with specialized AIs, and they are simpler!

Question for GFX. Both on my lenovo a816 and nvidia shield k1 the more nodes I have, the slower is the AI editor _once_ the AI is loaded. I mean moving around and stuff. Why? Both systems should be good in terms of power for a single core and the ram should be enough once the AI is loaded. Is it so CPU/GPU intensive to draw the AI while one moves around or zooms/unzoom?

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#14 » 09 Dec 2016, 12:22

pier4r wrote:Question for GFX. Both on my lenovo a816 and nvidia shield k1 the more nodes I have, the slower is the AI editor _once_ the AI is loaded. I mean moving around and stuff. Why? Both systems should be good in terms of power for a single core and the ram should be enough once the AI is loaded. Is it so CPU/GPU intensive to draw the AI while one moves around or zooms/unzoom?

The AI editor UI is actually pretty complex.
The more nodes you have, the more time it takes to Unity to render it :/
As I said in another post, I'm still working on optimizations.
The introduction of "real sub-trees" should also reduce the average node count in your AIs.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#15 » 09 Dec 2016, 12:37

I use just one AI: the Multi-Tasker Omega.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#16 » 09 Dec 2016, 13:00

GFX47 wrote:
The AI editor UI is actually pretty complex.
The more nodes you have, the more time it takes to Unity to render it :/
As I said in another post, I'm still working on optimizations.
The introduction of "real sub-trees" should also reduce the average node count in your AIs.

Completely fine, I wanted just to know. For example the longer a webpage is and the more elements there are, the more power it takes. So if unit is drawing the AI from a sort of DOM model (I mean, object to draw) I understand. It is also cool that with just the editor one can make a sort of a benchmark for CPUs.

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#17 » 09 Dec 2016, 15:16

Last matches told me that I will need much more AI´s sadly... And I guess, Seven Wonders will become a draw map. Four bots standing on starting positions with one sniper and one MG can just not be beaten by any enemy who tries to rush to medium range. So a long range fight is the only viable solution.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#18 » 09 Dec 2016, 15:28

Christian I guess given some rules (now rules are just changed) , if there is room for optimization and players willing to pursue it, there will be always the optimization pushed to the limit. So far, since alpha 4.3, this mean multiple AIs per map (especially the large ones where you can try to flank the enemy)

So at the start is all fun because people with newer idea can get very high, but after a while who has optimized ideas (AIs per map and per bot) would be at the top, there is little to do about.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#19 » 09 Dec 2016, 17:28

I have to say I have a strange feeling. Actually for me it seems that sunway-guy is a very strong player and maybe he is nullpointer. But then it sounds like: one uses a test account to not lose points until a very solid tactic is found and then back with the main account. So the main account is exposed to very few defeats.

I do not know if what I'm saying is actually the case but this, of course, could be done, and will not be so sportive for internet points (my opinion). I can understand to use a testing account to not get into oblivion due to totally new ideas, but otherwise I hope that people keep using the main account. Anyway even in the case of a not so sportive usage of accounts, if one finds solid tactics, well, one has still some merit.

PS: 1661 points, exploiting the first days "no so much optimization", with 6 AIs (1 per every bot,2 for assaults and mg in circle of death).

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#20 » 09 Dec 2016, 18:45

I will always have other accounts since I can't bring my desktop around :D
I'll leave to you to figure out which one(s) I am muahaha

Seriously, in 5.2 I was playing only on 1 account, except for when I was travelling, and then the 2nd account disappeared from the leaderboard because I was inactive for more than a week.

I will try to be more active from my laptop now, but not from my phone, it's too laggy.

I'll certainly lose a lot of points, there's no avoiding that, 1 win = +2 points, 1 lose = -25 points, and 5.3 has just started and I only have generic ideas for AIs. I'm sure your AIs will beat mine easily.

PS: playing in the desktop is so much better, you can do the same work in the AI editor like 10x faster.

Return to “Questions”