Tags taking time to complete?

Melkor
Script
Script

Tags taking time to complete?

Post#1 » 02 Oct 2017, 18:45

So I've been doing some research on how tags work, and I've seen a few posts that say that they take a certain amount of time to complete.

So does this mean that there's a delay in all conditions, or is it specific to tagging?

Is it a noticeable issue, or will it only really matter if I have huge loops set up to tag lots of enemies?

Does it even exist anymore, or was it removed in a previous update?

Right now I'm trying to use tags to simplify some of my targetting AIs (which previously went down a long line of (attack enemy with shields <25% and health 0-25), (attack enemy with shields <25% and health 0-50), etc etc. However, if its going to cause a lag should I try to do it without tags, but with more nodes?

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Tags taking time to complete?

Post#2 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:10

Each action require a tick (timefor recalculate the AI) which is 0.25s

So ach time yours bots use tagging or untagging action, it took them 0.25s. If you tag a lot during a match it will, finnally, take you some second in a match.
For example, me before the counting system integrate recently i use tag to count enemies, on CoD it take me 1.25s where 1 of my bot jsut tag at the begining of the match (which was making me a 8v9 during precious second of the match)

A lot of player consider that as a lost of time, due to the fact it reduce the reactivity of the bot using the tag action.

Melkor
Script
Script

Post#3 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:32

That is a lot of time. Well, at least I found out about it before I built a whole AI based on tags.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:41

Sry wrong calculation, it take me 3.25s

Return to “Questions”