Resource action

Borogrove
Script
Script

Resource action

Post#1 » 23 Nov 2017, 08:56

I find it highly frustrating that the action to grab a resource also causes the bot to move to the resource as well.

I'm trying to figure out a way to seperate this... I also do not wish to use tags as they can interrupt some timing and it would potentially encompass some highly complex untagging commands....
What subtree does the community use to accomplish this??
Do you just put the bulk of the AI move and attack orders in between any order to move to the resource and gather it?

Additionally when a resource is dropped what is the best way to tag it??? Seems to me like a highly complex maze of tagging needs to be used in combination with the drop resource command.
Best I can come up with is to team tag every resource at the start then when I drop a resource and fail the move to the now untagged resource and assign new tags to closest resource... the trade off for the not thinking this and difficulty in making it compatible with the other bots if they are within close range makes me think I am approaching this very incorrectly.

If such spoon feeding is frowned upon on this forum could I have a private Game with anyone who has this down instead? Cheers.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Resource action

Post#2 » 23 Nov 2017, 15:00

Borogrove wrote:I find it highly frustrating that the action to grab a resource also causes the bot to move to the resource as well.

Curious.

I'm trying to figure out a way to seperate this... I also do not wish to use tags as they can interrupt some timing and it would potentially encompass some highly complex untagging commands....

Not using tags is wise for multiplayer.

What subtree does the community use to accomplish this??
Do you just put the bulk of the AI move and attack orders in between any order to move to the resource and gather it?

Why would we want to? And SUBTREES? Jeez. :P
For smuggling/rushing, yes the Nodes are placed separately from usual gathering, though they are locked down by complex conditions.

Additionally when a resource is dropped what is the best way to tag it???

If Myself Not(Carries Resource) > Tag Resource Closest.

Seems to me like a highly complex maze of tagging needs to be used in combination with the drop resource command.
Best I can come up with is to team tag every resource at the start then when I drop a resource and fail the move to the now untagged resource and assign new tags to closest resource... the trade off for the not thinking this and difficulty in making it compatible with the other bots if they are within close range makes me think I am approaching this very incorrectly.

Already answered, yes you're overcomplicating.

If such spoon feeding is frowned upon on this forum could I have a private Game with anyone who has this down instead? Cheers.

Spoon-feeding is bad... Tips are not. Feel free to send matches to Kanishka_RN3, though I don't play much (read: haven't played in weeks)
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Borogrove
Script
Script

Post#3 » 23 Nov 2017, 16:31

My point is it would be nice to set a system where for example you can attack from a resource once reached and pick up under certain conditions... Instead with the command catch from close range your bot may move sub optimally.

If resource not carried tag closest resource I suppose that works fine but has to be complicated by self tagging and untagging when carrying right? Otherwise you will just tag any close range.

All imo highly useful for moving resources closer to the base and getting back to the push faster and also counting the overall score on a given map... Also if you advance to an enemy from a resource dropped moving to the resource to retreat and picking it up is more viable.... Idk.

I'll send you some private games maybe. I need to better sort out my clauses for collecting resources after pushing, competing against my own AI for it is not too good haha.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 23 Nov 2017, 17:28

You're pretty strong! :D
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Borogrove
Script
Script

Post#5 » 23 Nov 2017, 18:26

I tend to get trounced in straight elimination maps as I don't mess to much with map specific AI and more crucially at my low level I don't want to use the sniper at all yet.

My bots generally push too much and probably need a bit of an overhaul for every map where they don't start in a nice group with mid resources. Any opponent using a sniper class on such a map though will likely be pushed back atm, it's a matter of running the resources at the right time now. Lots of slight bugs an errors still alas.

Return to “Questions”