Who is in Gold league?

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Who is in Gold league?

Post#1 » 05 Aug 2017, 07:33

Are you in the Gold league? (Or have you been there? - previously known as Master or Grand Master league)
I want to know, who you are, because I am really curious and I am a statistics fan too. I hope you will answer the following 9 questions: (skip one, if you don't want to answer it)

1. What are your player names? (Main account first.)
  2. What is your year of birth?
  3. Are you male or female? (I would really like to see some girls in here.)
  4. What countries did you live in more than 5 years of your life. (And the country you are currently living in, if you live there for fewer than 5 years.)
  5. Did you graduate from school yet?
  6. Did you graduate from an university? What subject?
  7. Are you / Have you been a professor in a university?
  8. Do you / Did you code for fun in your free time?
  9. Do you / Did you code for food in a company?

I really want to know, who made it to the top. Only geeky programmers or also casual or pro gamers?
Last edited by LuBeNo on 05 Oct 2017, 22:17, edited 3 times in total.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Who is Master and Grandmaster?

Post#2 » 05 Aug 2017, 07:37

So I will start:
  1. What are your player names? LuBeNo, NoLuBe and BeNoLu.
  2. What is your year of birth? 1983
  3. Are you male or female? Male.
  4. What countries did you live in more than 5 years of your life. Germany.
  5. Did you graduate from school yet? Yes.
  6. Did you graduate from an university? Yes. What subject? Computer science.
  7. Are you / Have you been a professor in a university? No.
  8. Do you / Did you code for fun in your free time? Yes.
  9. Do you / Did you code for food in a company? Yes.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 05 Aug 2017, 07:40

Pretty much has always been in the highest league since I stole conscious's tactic in 5.2
1. Mcompany, theletter7, greatest fear
2. 1998
3. Male
4. The United States of America
5. Yes and no...
6. Haven't even started
7. Obviously not
8. Yes (I figure this isn't supposed to be a yes/no question, but I'll answer it in this manner anyways just to force you to make clearer questions)
9. No
Last edited by mcompany on 05 Aug 2017, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 05 Aug 2017, 07:45

Thank you for your input.

mcompany wrote:8. Yes (I figure this isn't supposed to be a yes/no question, but I'll answer it in this manner anyways just to force you to make clearer questions)

I am not a native. What would be a better question?

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 05 Aug 2017, 07:53

I made it to GM, and stayed there for quite a while, until the change to the leagues. Though admittedly I hung out at the bottom of the league.
What are your player names? Same as forum name, one and only account
What is your year of birth? Early 80's
Are you male or female? Male
What countries did you live in more than 5 years of your life. USA
Did you graduate from school yet? Yes
Did you graduate from an university? No
Are you / Have you been a professor in a university? No
Do you / Did you code for fun in your free time? Just Gladiabots
Do you / Did you code for food in a company? Never coded anything but Gladiabots

I really want to know, who made it to the top. Only geeky programmers or also casual or pro gamers? I'm no programmer and no pro player, just casual

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 05 Aug 2017, 07:55

LuBeNo wrote:Thank you for your input.

mcompany wrote:8. Yes (I figure this isn't supposed to be a yes/no question, but I'll answer it in this manner anyways just to force you to make clearer questions)

I am not a native. What would be a better question?

At the very least "Do you / Did you code for fun in your free time? If so what did you code?" or something along those lines. Currently you are asking a bunch of yes/no questions that doesn't say much, but there is a difference between me a few years ago who could code in his free time, but at most was trying to lazily make a text only version of a Rubik's cube, and me now who is currently working on my own game engine in Java, making an app for android, and had attemptted (and now put on indefinite hold) to start on OS design. Ask someone "do you code" or "have you taught something" doesn't seem like it gives you any real information on the demographics of who is playing or how much of a programmer they are like it seems like you are actually trying to seek

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 05 Aug 2017, 09:37

1. pier4r nvidia k1, pier lenovo a816
  2. between 1985 and 1990
  3. Pire
  4. Italy, Germany (my love :oops: )
  5. yes
  6. Computer Engineering
  7. No
  8. Yes. Especially on this (maybe for this I am behind in many other projects).
  9. Partially (I landed the path of sysadmin, while I could program too, so sometimes I organize a fleet of scripts to keep stuff organized. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrastructure_as_Code)
Last edited by pier4r on 05 Aug 2017, 09:43, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 05 Aug 2017, 09:40

mcompany wrote:.

I'd say that one is free to add details, but a simple yes is enough otherwise one can make a monologue (and indeed one can nonetheless)

For example do we really need all the Chris' experience when we have already his site and his simulator as proof?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#9 » 05 Aug 2017, 09:57

Been in Grand Master until League ELO changes. 1849 Max.

1. Kanishka_RN3, Kanishka_MiPad, Kanishka_PC; Dead Accounts: Kanishka (first ever account), Kanishka_Droid; Numerous Test Accounts

2. 2004

3. Male

4. India

5. No (I'm in Class 8)

6. Of course not

7. Of course not

8. Yes (Since Class 3)

9. No
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Arcueid_57
Script
Script

Post#10 » 05 Aug 2017, 11:23

1- Arcueid_57
2. 1983
3. Male
4. France
5. Yes
6. Master degree Molecular Biology - Cell culture
7. No
8. No, I don't know any programing language
9. No

I discovered programing games when my brother (a professional programmer) created one 5-6 years ago. I really loved it but he stopped devellopment at beta version.

For that time I was looking for a game with the same principles and found Gladiabot.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#11 » 05 Aug 2017, 17:12

pier4r wrote:
mcompany wrote:.

I'd say that one is free to add details, but a simple yes is enough otherwise one can make a monologue (and indeed one can nonetheless)

For example do we really need all the Chris' experience when we have already his site and his simulator as proof?

I mean, no, we don't need a monologue of each player, simply saying that you've been programming for x years, and whether or not you just kinda causally program (which I really don't do, I just am too busy) rather than asking if you specifically work at a company where you program seems much more informational on what he's looking for than a simple "yes, I've touched a programming language once or twice in my life"

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#12 » 05 Aug 2017, 18:14

ah, true.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#13 » 05 Aug 2017, 18:47

mcompany wrote:...but there is a difference between me a few years ago who could code in his free time, but at most was trying to lazily make a text only version of a Rubik's cube, and me now who is currently working on my own game engine in Java, making an app for android, and had attemptted (and now put on indefinite hold) to start on OS design.

My point was exactly this. How do you measure if one coded much (a game) or few (hello world) for fun. Where is the border for a experienced programmer? So I decided to ask a yes/no question.

ai drone
Script
Script

Post#14 » 06 Aug 2017, 00:28

I was in Grand Master for a while, even made top 20. Lost all my ai when I chose to help and test out alpha 8. I have struggled to get back some of the magic I had working.

What are your player names? (Main account first.) AI Droid (used to be ai drone) and Zed3 mkII
[*]What is your year of birth? 1962
[*]Are you male or female? (I would really like to see some girls in here.) Male
[*]What countries did you live in more than 5 years of your life. (And the country you are currently living in, if you live there for fewer than 5 years.) USA
[*]Did you graduate from school yet? Yes
[*]Did you graduate from an university? What subject? Yes, business
[*]Are you / Have you been a professor in a university? No
[*]Do you / Did you code for fun in your free time? Yes, ages ago
[*]Do you / Did you code for food in a company?[/list] No

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#15 » 06 Aug 2017, 09:30

take your time you will be back.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#16 » 06 Aug 2017, 12:32

Both account in GM before league changes, now first account have sole difficulties to stay in Master.

-TheKidPunisher, TKP (second account never used since it reach more elo than first account)
-Male
-France
-Yes
-Yes, Advanced CAD
-No
-Yes,1year during high school in C+
-No

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#17 » 06 Aug 2017, 23:40

Interesting thread

1. Ritter Runkel
2. 1982
3. m
4. Germany
5. yes
6. Yes, computer science with specialization in Algorithms
7. No, only teaching undergrads as an assistant.
8. I did it before I went to University, after that no
9. No. But I work together with many persons coding and developing

ai drone
Script
Script

Post#18 » 07 Aug 2017, 01:05

So far looks like I am the elder that you all are supposed to respect instead of wreck! LOL

pier4r wrote:take your time you will be back.

With as slow as pairing is going and with the same few people it is hard to remember what I was working on when I que up matches.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#19 » 07 Aug 2017, 07:17

You don't have to remember. Once you did it, you can redoit or even better. Just one fix here, one fix there. It may take 6 months of slow playing, but it will work.

I mean it is not that my AI was like today all the time, I built it very slowly, fixing nodes and resolving conflicts between nodes.

Castlevania
Automaton
Automaton

Post#20 » 07 Aug 2017, 15:04

Ok, let me try.

What are your player names? Castlevania
What is your year of birth? 1990
Are you male or female? No surprise for you
What countries did you live in more than 5 years of your life. China
Did you graduate from school yet? Yes and No
Did you graduate from an university? What subject? Yes, Physics