Sniper VS Shotgun

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Sniper VS Shotgun

Post#1 » 29 Nov 2016, 11:33

I decided to try my hand at fixing my AI on Seven Wonders and Circle of Death. Biggest issue I have on Seven Wonders is combatting shotgun bots using only snipers. This is what I came up with...

https://youtu.be/WdusD5zId70

It doesn't work every time, depending on the AI of course. But I planned it using a very basic rush AI mostly focused on shotgunners attacking from short range only. Either way, it's fun to see it in action.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Sniper VS Shotgun

Post#2 » 29 Nov 2016, 11:51

It's fun when the Shotguns gets "trapped" like that.

Sniper beats Shotgun in Seven Wonders, Split Team and Set Your Priorities.

Split team is the toughest to do that, but after you get the AI right, it's a sure win against 5 Shotguns.

In 7 wonders it's even easier than Split Team, you don't move your Snipers before you killed both Shotguns in the middle, then you start fleeing. The 2 remaining Shotguns will only follow 2 Snipers while the other 2 kill them.

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 29 Nov 2016, 11:54

Sadly it is the only way to defend against certain bot formations to use individualized AI´s for the same bot type. :cry:

But well done!

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 29 Nov 2016, 12:26

Nicely done!

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 29 Nov 2016, 12:36

U r luky in my ai the sniper on center don't move, wait shoutgun then move (they keep the shotgun) the other go out medium range then kill the shitguns.

With most shotgun ai u lost, u need go out medium range

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 29 Nov 2016, 12:37

Nice

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 29 Nov 2016, 14:31

I haven't gotten around to really getting on my laptop to try and face your with my shotgun rush, but have you tested your formation against a shotgun rush that moves towards your base instead of moving towards the snipers? Because I'm almost certain that is the hardest shotgun rush to counter with all snipers

Also, my pushbot strategy just beat you

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 29 Nov 2016, 14:46

mcompany, you improved the idea of conscious one and I'm too lazy to adjust my AI to face you. Mi!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#9 » 29 Nov 2016, 14:57

I can forgot other player but i think only 'sadbot' have a good stategies with shotguns vs snipers.
I don't remember lose vs other if i didn't use wrong setup of bots

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 29 Nov 2016, 16:06

yeah mcompany, I saw that... you and consious both beat me with it back to back. I haven't spent much time editing my AIs at all. I just decided to start from scratch and focus on those two maps yesterday. The AI is barely a day old and there is much room for improvement.

Return to “General Discussions”