We need more players.

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

We need more players.

Post#1 » 27 Jul 2017, 16:48

Many players have left this arena due to some unknown reason (at least unknown to me). This includes many smart people like NullPointer, Wozza, TcT (has he come back for a short time?), MGBlitz81, T-800, and many more.

I request for a way to either attract new players or make "old" players return. Any ideas can be posted below. I really hope that this awesome concept can expand (and I believe many of you have the same notion).
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: We need more players.

Post#2 » 27 Jul 2017, 17:06

Those players have played a lot (TcT not). If all the new ones would play like those, we would be set.

The point is, people play different games, you should engage those who did not play a lot, not those that played a lot already.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

PSP
Script
Script

Post#3 » 27 Jul 2017, 17:34

Что бы привлечь больше игроков, Gladiabots должна становиться лучше, думаю с этим никто не будет спорить...

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 27 Jul 2017, 17:43

I think the game has a lack of publicity.

I mean all people here have: heard it by a friend or get rambomly proposed by google store (maybe after some filter by google with what you download previously)

I am not a commercial but a good restaurant cant do big profit if they are hide behind a building and does not indicate it exist.

I know we are in alpha but i think GFX should begin to reflect on that point.

PSP
Script
Script

Post#5 » 27 Jul 2017, 17:44

Уверен что вот это "Moral support thread for our overlord...ehm dev!
by pier4r » 12 Jul 2017, 20:34" не самая лучшая идея...

PSP
Script
Script

Post#6 » 27 Jul 2017, 17:48

Реклама конечно это важно, но языковая локализация сейчас будет более эффективным инструментом по привлечению новой аудитории...
На каком бы видном месте не находился ресторан, если меню и персонал говорят на другом языке он не будет пользоваться популярностью...

Jeffrey Harpen
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:21

Ein Stein wrote:Many players have left this arena due to some unknown reason
Summer holidays?
Hopefully they will come back in September/October.

PSP
Script
Script

Post#8 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:39

Ага, каникулы...
Летние ли.?!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#9 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:50

one has to consider that league 4 before was the old top league, now it is platinum. So matches activity should be analyzed in the right period of time. Surely if one takes the last days - where all things were equal - one can see that aside the top leagues the activity is dropping.

There are enough players able to speak english but the game does not reach them.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

PSP
Script
Script

Post#10 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:55

pier4r wrote:There are enough players able to speak english but the game does not reach them.

Франция 66 990 826
Германия 81 292 400
Россия 146 804 372
Индия 1 310 852 000
Как бы много людей в этих странах не умели понимать английский язык, говорят они, а самое главное думают на своих родных языках...
Это 1.

Arcueid_57
Script
Script

Post#11 » 28 Jul 2017, 08:30

The most efficent way to promote this game is to do it yourself, it could be a sucess with visible positive effect if a lot of players communicate about the game. Forum of others "mind game", video game forum, share on your FB but also on Facebook (or other social network) groups about programation, coding games, programming school, any general channel for 18-35 discussions.

If 20 to 30 players promote actively the game in different countries it should work.

I don't know what is the communication policy of GFX but porobably he cannot develop and act as a communication manager in the meantime.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#12 » 28 Jul 2017, 12:09

And what about give unlimited access to freeplay match to no-pay player? They will have a game of more than 10 match and if they find the game awesome maybe will pay for ranked and private matches

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 28 Jul 2017, 17:39

TheKidPunisher wrote:And what about give unlimited access to freeplay match to no-pay player? They will have a game of more than 10 match and if they find the game awesome maybe will pay for ranked and private matches

Genius!
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

PSP
Script
Script

Post#14 » 28 Jul 2017, 20:00

Arcueid_57 wrote:...

Наиболее эффективный способ - улучшать Gladiabots,
а не бегать и рассказывать о ней на каждом углу своим друзьям и знакомым...

Что вы расскажете.?! 3-5 активных игроков в сутки, один язык интерфейса, создал бой сегодня, а результат получил завтра, разные учётные записи на разных устройствах, чтобы синхронизировать нужно всегда просить разработчика, и т.д и т.п.

Jeffrey Harpen
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#15 » 01 Aug 2017, 20:17

TheKidPunisher wrote:And what about give unlimited access to freeplay match to no-pay player? They will have a game of more than 10 match and if they find the game awesome maybe will pay for ranked and private matches

I like the idea, but I think they should't have access to bot classes other than assault. If they have, there will be no real reason for them to pay just to compete with the best. They will play casually. Assault limited game along with replays of matches in paid version can make them imagine what they will do with new possibilities and maybe even be eager to try.
I remember what I imagined when started to play... :)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#16 » 02 Aug 2017, 00:02

Jeffrey Harpen wrote:I like the idea, but I think they should't have access to bot classes other than assault. If they have, there will be no real reason for them to pay just to compete with the best. They will play casually. Assault limited game along with replays of matches in paid version can make them imagine what they will do with new possibilities and maybe even be eager to try.

Me i remember how it was uncool for a lot of player to not have acces to all that your opponent have access. If freeplayers play freeplay match with a guy who use special class. He will say that the game is a pay 2 win and the potential new player will leave really fast.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 02 Aug 2017, 07:31

TheKidPunisher wrote:
Jeffrey Harpen wrote:I like the idea, but I think they should't have access to bot classes other than assault. If they have, there will be no real reason for them to pay just to compete with the best. They will play casually. Assault limited game along with replays of matches in paid version can make them imagine what they will do with new possibilities and maybe even be eager to try.

Me i remember how it was uncool for a lot of player to not have acces to all that your opponent have access. If freeplayers play freeplay match with a guy who use special class. He will say that the game is a pay 2 win and the potential new player will leave really fast.

You got it wrong, TKP. He means that free players get a sort of Alpha 4. They play with only assault, against people with only assault. (You won't be affected. :lol:) But, they get to watch matches of the Top players, with awesome bot specific... Get it?

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#18 » 02 Aug 2017, 12:24

So we Ill have new players but we will not play against them. What is the interest?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#19 » 02 Aug 2017, 16:24

TheKidPunisher wrote:So we Ill have new players but we will not play against them. What is the interest?

They see the matches, and think "OMG I want Bot Class! (Sorry TKP) How do I get Bot Class? Shut up and take my money!!!"

Jeffrey Harpen
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#20 » 02 Aug 2017, 19:14

Kanishka wrote:
TheKidPunisher wrote:So we Ill have new players but we will not play against them. What is the interest?

They see the matches, and think "OMG I want Bot Class! (Sorry TKP) How do I get Bot Class? Shut up and take my money!!!"

Yes, that's what I meant. ;)
The advantage of this idea is that only new players who are really interested in regular playing will pay and stay for longer time than casuals. At least it seems to me, but TheKidPunisher may be right - there is a risk people will get frustrated and leave.
(Funny it was said by the one who didn't get frustrated playing only assaults... :) )
I also think they should have access to private matches and test mode (as well as training and practice, of course). Test mode will extend the time they stay with the game and private matches may make them to invite their friends to join.

Return to “General Discussions”