Match activity

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Match activity

Post#21 » 27 Jul 2017, 18:49

Oh well i do not understand that, was thinking 1900elo (max master elo+100) could fight 1450elo(min master elo-100).

So yeah why not, it will permit to low ranked in a league to continue to fight their previous league. And prepare top league player to their future new one.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#22 » 27 Jul 2017, 18:55

@arcueid: hey what happened? First time i didnt fight you in my last 3 matchs!

Arcueid_57
Script
Script

Post#23 » 27 Jul 2017, 19:25

TheKidPunisher wrote:@arcueid: hey what happened? First time i didnt fight you in my last 3 matchs!

When every day a cross the border I don't have internet on the mobile for 30minutes...maybe that's why.
And 2 other players were active during that moment.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#24 » 27 Jul 2017, 19:43

TheKidPunisher wrote:The problem will be that top player will complain about winning match for few points and losing for a lot of points.

Ah... it is hard/impossible to satisfy everyone...

We will not complain. I see this problem too, GM is pretty active but you need elo gain to get there and with few active players it's hard to get additional elo.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#25 » 27 Jul 2017, 19:53

I thought new league was here to avoid 2000elo guys to fight 1600elo guys after seeing that 2k elo players win only 1-2points and matches wasnt interesting

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#26 » 27 Jul 2017, 20:51

TheKidPunisher wrote:Sry for double post.

Here i see mainly people from M and GM.

Can we have the point of view of other league players (avaren,revenge and trinityofkirby are in diamond, it is the same for you?,and hartag and GIMRIC in platinum?...)

I see a bit more variety than what the GM players describe. I think the elo is a good basis for matching, but I'd like to see other factors considered for ranking and league designation ... something like soccer league promotion and relegation comes to mind ... though I have no specific methods that I've fully thought out. I've never had any real issues with the current format to motivate me to try to come up with any better solution

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#27 » 27 Jul 2017, 21:13

So I thought it was more about the protection of new players. But even when there are less matches now and I miss the SYP rush from arcueid or the all assault tactics from the kids, matches at GM are so much tougher now. If I can hold a 50% win rate that's very good. So after almost every loss (every two to four matches) I make some changes to my AI. So analyzing became a much bigger part in this game.

Btw,I like the relegation idea. If there would be a top twenty league, every week the last three get denoted and vice versa. Sounds cool

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#28 » 27 Jul 2017, 22:15

Ritter Runkel wrote:So I thought it was more about the protection of new players.

The problem with new player wasn't the system of level/unlock class?

Ritter Runkel wrote:But even when there are less matches now and I miss the SYP rush from arcueid or the all assault tactics from the kids

The day i will find a solution to my actual most weakness, maybe i will do a trip in GM to see you^^

Ritter Runkel wrote:Btw,I like the relegation idea. If there would be a top twenty league, every week the last three get denoted and vice versa. Sounds cool

You are not actually average 20 in GM?

Promotion/demotion per week (and not by elo score) is an idea to test

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#29 » 27 Jul 2017, 23:18

Also, if you check the match activity at the moment, diamond, platinum and gold collapsed in activity. This will reflect in master and grand master having even less new players.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#30 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:28

Well you've both had the chance to kick my arse since I'm in master league right now. But yes, things are much slower than the lower leagues. We simply need more players...

PSP
Script
Script

Post#31 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:45

0x1de wrote:We simply need more players...

Есть какие-то конкретные предложения, как привлечь людей.?!

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#32 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:46

Ritter Runkel wrote:Btw,I like the relegation idea. If there would be a top twenty league, every week the last three get denoted and vice versa. Sounds cool

Thanks. It would have to be tweaked significantly from sports relegation because of fluctuating numbers of active players, but i figured something like this might work: a percentage of each league is in danger of relegation, then the number of promotion spots is based on the number of relegations possible in the next league up.

I also thought something like "knockout matches" could work. To change league you have to defeat a player from that higher league ... these matches would happen automatically, any time the matching system pairs players in the promotion/relegation ranges against each other, using the normal elo matching system we have now.

TalonZa
Script
Script

Post#33 » 28 Jul 2017, 08:41

PSP wrote:
0x1de wrote:We simply need more players...

Есть какие-то конкретные предложения, как привлечь людей.?!

Well, that is up to the developers to organised. I'm assuming that the ALPHA state will mean that no marketing is being done. So that leaves it up to us, I'm thinking that most of us are likely to be in some kind of technical field like, engineering, actuarial, development, architecture, etc... We need to spread the word to other like minded colleagues and friends.

Here's a thought, ignoring the ELO system, would you guys be interested if I set up a bunch of tournaments. Maybe we can vote on a mix of 5 maps, I will set up a tournament for each map and we can try and keep a "King of the Map" kind of system going.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#34 » 28 Jul 2017, 12:15

Why not, we will see who dominate on specific map.

(PS: i send you private matches for the pier tournament)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#35 » 28 Jul 2017, 12:31

TalonZa wrote:Here's a thought, ignoring the ELO system, would you guys be interested if I set up a bunch of tournaments. Maybe we can vote on a mix of 5 maps, I will set up a tournament for each map and we can try and keep a "King of the Map" kind of system going.

Why not.

Anyway I do not agree against your complainst of the Elo system. It works pretty well, and more accuracy is not really needed. Is like asking "I need to measure my kitchen table down to micrometer", it is enough down to centimeters.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#36 » 28 Jul 2017, 14:21

Sure. I would take part

Return to “General Discussions”