ASSAULTS POWA!

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

ASSAULTS POWA!

Post#1 » 13 May 2017, 21:29

Hi all!

As you know, i play only with assault bots (i said it a lot of time all around the forum....)

I do a LIST of high elo player i win against:
So there is the LIST (i take all the guys who reach the 1700 elo, tell me if i forgot someone):

1700+.PNG

There is still 16 players to win against for complete the LIST (i never fight some of them)
Also I win against Earil when he was clumbing the GrandMaster league so his AI evolve i think and i will have to beat him again to valid his name on the LIST

UPDATE:03/06/2017
Last edited by TheKidPunisher on 03 Jun 2017, 13:14, edited 4 times in total.

MrChris
Automaton
Automaton

Re: ASSAULTS POWA!

Post#2 » 13 May 2017, 21:45

Just do it.
------------------------------------------------
My in-game name is MrChris

Creator of the unofficial Gladiabots stats page: https://gladiabots-stats.info.tm/mrchris
And the Gladiabots retreatment simulator: https://cmrichards.github.io/glad_simulation

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 14 May 2017, 00:57

Just do it replays are public
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 14 May 2017, 02:00

So there is the LIST (i take all the guys who reach the 1700 elo, tell me if i forgot someone):

EDIT: LIST update and move in First post.
Last edited by TheKidPunisher on 14 May 2017, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 14 May 2017, 09:52

Some observations.

(a) Kudos
(b) you may remove from the list players that are inactive. Otherwise you should win also Tralalo for example, but he is inactive so good luck with that
(c) To avoid stuff like "I took them down in a moment of test", you should beat everyone in the list at least 2-3 times, or if not beat, draw. Of course if they are active, if they are not, remove.
(d) Kudos again.
(e) I wonder where will you get with all classes! Or even with just adding a shotgun and then adding the MG.
(f) surely your example shows the newcomers that without a sniper one can raise a bit. The problem is that there are people, like you, that enjoy an hard challenge, other people wants fair challenges. No matter what.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 14 May 2017, 12:35

(a)Thanks
(b)i take all guys in the official stat list (i just add wozza) i thought that inactive players are removed from that list.
(c)you are right, sometimes i think i was challenging them during their test.
(d)thanks again
(e)i begin a new account few weeks ago, with this new account i play with special bots. But for the moment i was just playing to reach lvl7.
(f)this post is here exactly for that: it's not unfair (or maybe atleast on mind game and kingmaker) because the specificity of assault is that more there is assault, more effecient they are. So when you change an assault by a special bot, ok this bot will be stronger in his specificity but all other assaults will be weaker. It's like that i see the balance of the game.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 14 May 2017, 15:26

Interesting point the (f). Thanks for sharing.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 14 May 2017, 18:00

Good work. It's interesting when people try out unusual approaches.

(Just for the record , you held me to two draws rather than beating me twice ;)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 14 May 2017, 18:31

Yep my bad (color in the unofficial stat make me wrong between win and draw i correct it.)

I also modify the position to the First post for more visibility.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#10 » 14 May 2017, 19:33

TheKidPunisher wrote:this post is here exactly for that: it's not unfair (or maybe atleast on mind game and kingmaker) because the specificity of assault is that more there is assault, more effecient they are. So when you change an assault by a special bot, ok this bot will be stronger in his specificity but all other assaults will be weaker. It's like that i see the balance of the game.

One thing I want to say is that this actually is accurate to what I found backing 5.2: assaults aren't as good with other bot types (except shotguns) as they are with themselves. That said, I don't think this can be definitive for whether or not our complaints over it objectively being severely underpowered compared to the other boy classes for the current format for setting bots up. I'd like to think of it like teir lists for fighting games: sure a worse character is less likely to win, but a gap in skill level can easily overcome disadvantages

That said, I'm curious what map each of these games are

Captain Spock (Castlevania)
Automaton
Automaton

Post#11 » 14 May 2017, 19:35

I'm always interested in sniper-less tactics. Thanks for sharing.

However, two observations:
1. Most of your opponents are quite new to your configuration. Since pure assaults configuration rarely appear in the match of players higher than 1200, your opponents are very likely to ignore this possibility. As you probably know, some top players count enemies by their classes, so one major consequence is the neglect of salvo damage from assaults. However, the number of assaults is possible to be detected, so my point of view is that you are possibly taking advantage of opponents' programming oversight, instead of superiority of assault class. To prove it or not, you may continue to play. Generally, they may evolve better reactions.
2. Your program is already quite intelligent. Your bots are efficient and considerate as those controlled by top players. In other words, your program deserves 1700+ score. However again, for your tactics, I don't believe that the positions of assault are not replaceable. Would you please try to use a team with one well-designed sniper to compete with your pure-assault team. In my opinion, it may perform even better.

I admire those who enjoy hard challenge. Just forgive me that I don't believe using assaults is an advantage of you.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#12 » 15 May 2017, 00:25

Castlevania wrote: However, the number of assaults is possible to be detected, so my point of view is that you are possibly taking advantage of opponents' programming oversight,

You are right after study i realize that players ignore swarming assault and concentrate on special class and i use this information to take advantage, it isn't the most important and fun part about this game? Yes it is. Study matches and try to find a new solution to problems, watch ennemy matches to try to understand how there AI works and find their weakness, it is so exciting.

Surely they will evolve and find a way to beat more easily against full assault ennemy so it will be again my turn to find a new solution!

Also, i would like to play against you one day. I want to know how your method for counting works in fight, it will be very interesting (if you use one)
(But i'm sure that there is players who count all ennemies)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 15 May 2017, 09:11

I count up to 3 assaults, but then I don't use this information often

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#14 » 15 May 2017, 22:28

Kudos from me again. It's really a pleasure to match you and I found several bugs and weaknesses. I tried to fight myself with my own assault only teams. It looks very similar to the matches we had. As long as they don't start to harvest it's very effective. Imho not effective enough for top 10 but I think place 10 could be reachable (if you ignore mind game, it's to special to use assaults only).

Big fun, I hope he see you soon on the battleground

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#15 » 17 May 2017, 10:29

The kid punisher, 1730! Well done.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#16 » 17 May 2017, 20:54

Update 1st post:

Make a tabler to class by map.
Add lastest matches
Add new 1700+ player: ChaoticArts

This day i reach over the 1750+ after improve behavour against shotgun;
but can't keep the score due to a lot of match on mind game and kingmaker
which are the main weakness of my strat actually.

I will try to improve some behavour against sniper (the sniper of pier make me crazy...)
Also i will have to find solution to stop to lose against low elo player on score map
(i lost a lot of points due to the fact i dont score until there is no ennemy existing so sometimes i dont have enough time to score)

I will certainly play less until to find a solution

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 17 May 2017, 22:49

You won mcompany on cod? Really? Wow

Anyway my sniper is a poor copy of T-800 sniper

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#18 » 17 May 2017, 23:06

pier4r wrote:You won mcompany on cod? Really? Wow

Anyway my sniper is a poor copy of T-800 sniper

Yes i won 1 times...(i will correct the file one of the match is on meeting point)

Mcompany had a good idea to said to class match by map. It look more easier to analyse result. As i said kingmaker and mind game are really hard but when i check the tabler i see that i never won against high elo player on barred spiral...

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#19 » 17 May 2017, 23:46

I'm not quite surprised about Meeting Point (that's just a hard map in general), and I'm going to make excuses for CoD to say that it is mostly assaults anyways... So it doesn't mean anything

That said, the other wins seems interesting, particularly the ones one Seven Wonders and SYP, and I'm almost willing​ to go and watch the wins on Mind Game because imo, that isn't supposed to happen (although, Mind Game is probably the most tested map, so it is probably littered with failed setups)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#20 » 18 May 2017, 00:00

mcompany wrote:and I'm almost willing​ to go and watch the wins on Mind Game because imo, that isn't supposed to happen (although, Mind Game is probably the most tested map, so it is probably littered with failed setups)

Yeah i think victory on mind game are due to an error/failure in AI of the ennemy.

Return to “General Discussions”