Teams approach, round2.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Teams approach, round2.

Post#1 » 12 Apr 2017, 21:08

Ok , some weeks ago I asked "what about team tournaments"? This would be pretty cool at least for top average score, one can take the average of the top average scores and compare teams. Teams so can share techniques to improve the score of this or that player in the team (although sharing for everyone is nicer).

Tournaments that can be adapted easily to teams are avg scores and xp gains.

What about national teams, with the same idea? National teams would be a bit more random because one cannot choose the team mates so freely.

So a team (or a national team) would be composed at least by 3 players, and the 3 top players of the team would be considered for the score.

What do you think?

Who starts to recruit team mates? Of course at the start would be a pretty small competition since few read the forum.

I know that the Russian and German team can have 3-4 players already. For the US, I guess there are many people but it is not clear that they are from that country.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Teams approach, round2.

Post#2 » 13 Apr 2017, 01:46

I like the idea to have a flag beside the player name of each player. It would be nice to see which country would dominate the top 20.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 13 Apr 2017, 02:21

I have a bad feeling about those ideas.

For team i'm scared about the evolution of the relation between all the teams and in the team.

For flag, i think it's an unnecessary information. No need to know where leave the best guy, we only have to focus on how to beat him.

The game is young and not prepared for a massive amount of players so not sure these creation will help to improve it for the moment (maybe later it will be a good idea)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 13 Apr 2017, 06:18

Hmm... Under the current way the game is played (one player vs one player), I don't see how a team based tournament could give any useful data that looking at each individual players in the already existing tournaments

Now, if *cough* say there was 2v2 maps and we could have actual team battles *cough*, then I think team tournaments would be cool

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 13 Apr 2017, 07:46

Mcompany you are right, but there are several ways to use duels for teams, see the chess olympiad (or pro chess league) . If you arrange duels from all the players against all the players (in both teams) you have an idea of the two teams strength.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Return to “General Discussions”