Master league stuck / Level 4

Jeeves
Hello World
Hello World

Master league stuck / Level 4

Post#1 » 29 Mar 2017, 12:55

Hello,

First of all thanks for this great game and all for contribution !

I started few weeks ago and starn learn every thread about IA.

I made an IA quitte cool and suddently won all my games until top league (It's not the best IA she's just good enought to go lower master tiers I guess).

I was level 3 master league !

Now im level 4 but it's very Hard cause I dont have sniper, some commands, etc.

So what should I do ?

How can i Get XP now ? Should I loose all my game in order to get lower ELO and get back to top league ?

Dont want to pass all my times trying to improve my IA to beat sniper without sniper, nonsense.

I have to work on collecting ressource war but all seems demoralizing with my level 4 master league.

Thanks all for any help.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Master league stuck / Level 4

Post#2 » 29 Mar 2017, 13:11

No Sniper is a drawback sure. But as you have ShotGun and Action Filters, you should not be too far behind.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 29 Mar 2017, 13:55

If it can help, there are people that at level 4 have to deal with grand master league. So you may see it as training. The master league should be not super difficult.

You can observe that the sniper shoots very slowly, so if you sneak when no one looks against it with the shotgun, you can just obliterate it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Wozza
Script
Script

Post#4 » 29 Mar 2017, 14:01

The approach I took when I was leveling was not to worry about spending time trying to beat sniper teams when I didn't have sniper unlocked. I just focused on winning all my other matches and I still earned enough xp to unlock everything fairly quickly.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 29 Mar 2017, 18:28

I reach master league lvl 4league and i just spam matches to gain xp. I reach lvl 7 in just 1 afternoon my elo stayed the same during the processus (no gain no lost)only the % of win fall from 60% to 49%. Now i have sniper (but never use it)

Jeeves
Hello World
Hello World

Post#6 » 30 Mar 2017, 00:10

The games was fun but now I feel bad about playing an unfaire game, hope old player have fun killing new player.

Hate the fact I cant test anything against wich I will playing against in test mode, so frustrating, and so bored of spend hour of not improving my ia, just tag for unfaire battle and wait my XP increase.

Jeeves
Hello World
Hello World

Post#7 » 30 Mar 2017, 00:11

Thank you Wozza best advice anyway ;)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 30 Mar 2017, 00:14

Jeeves wrote:The games was fun but now I feel bad about playing an unfaire game, hope old player have fun killing new player.

For my point of view, every time I play against someone with 400+ points less it is not so interesting, sure there are upsets but it is not that I have fun. So it is a lose-lose on both sides.

But It will be fixed in the future I guess.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Shardj
Hello World
Hello World

Post#9 » 30 Mar 2017, 01:33

Hi there, so until about 2 hours ago i hadn't unlocked sniper, i made it into grand master fairly easily without it, you just have to accept that some maps are auto loss if your opponent is competent and snipes.

Now that I've unlocked it i hope i can push my elo up, I've already won some games Vs a couple of 1700 points players. So just try to use it as a learning experience​ so you can wreck when you get level 6, and spam matches without writing about your win loss ratio just for experience.
Gladiabots Stats - gfx47.com/games/Gladiabots/Stats/player?name=Shardj

Jeeves
Hello World
Hello World

Post#10 » 30 Mar 2017, 09:46

Thanks all for your message, now im no more upset. I will spam battle even If I loose without trying to improve my ia (i know there is some bug) and wait for next level before making a new one.

And fight with same weapon :)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#11 » 30 Mar 2017, 11:16

Competitive experience will change hopefully in alpha 9 to give the same features to everyone.

Jeeves
Hello World
Hello World

Post#12 » 30 Mar 2017, 17:59

Nice to see you take care of this.

I think players should fight player with same commands / bots if not it seems so unfair.

Im now Level 7 it's cool and I have seen so much things in the battle I did, hope my next IA will be fun and good.

Jeeves
Hello World
Hello World

Post#13 » 30 Mar 2017, 17:59

Thank you all for all answers.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#14 » 30 Mar 2017, 19:17

Thank you for sticking to the game despite this problem.

Return to “General Discussions”