Recorded best scores.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Recorded best scores: After some days of domination, someone went ahead of nullpointer score

Post#141 » 18 Jan 2017, 16:19

Guess whos making a counter to the counter of counter of the counter rush
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Recorded best scores: After some days of domination, someone went ahead of nullpointer score

Post#142 » 19 Jan 2017, 06:27

Screenshot_2017-01-19-13-24-20.png
Dis gonna be brutal
Screenshot_2017-01-19-13-24-20.png (87.62 KiB) Viewed 1499 times

Thats like putting
3 gazelles
1 hyena
And 1 dominant male lion
In one single cage.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#143 » 19 Jan 2017, 07:07

:shock:

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#144 » 19 Jan 2017, 20:20

Nullpointer having one week or more of testing in advance for the new conditions is going to 1900, all of us will catch up in 7-10 days I think.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#145 » 19 Jan 2017, 21:27

So excited about new filtering and selection options... all my current bots are gone... will start the game from scratch...

On the other hand... my destroyer AI is still valid - get into your face and unload the led... lasers... cucumbers... whatever they are unloading.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#146 » 19 Jan 2017, 22:54

pier4r wrote:Nullpointer having one week or more of testing in advance for the new conditions is going to 1900, all of us will catch up in 7-10 days I think.

Told ya :) When I installed 7.0 I knew it was pointless to keep optimising for 6.1.3, none of my old AIs have even a small chance of winning against the new ones, that's why I recommended updating.

I don't think I'll reach 1900 anytime soon, I need a winning ratio of 90%+ to get there if most people are below 1700.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#147 » 19 Jan 2017, 23:33

On the contrary, most of the things I programmed into 6.1.3 is things that was only slightly tweaked to add in version 7 optimization, so I got use out of continuing 6.1 development until this version got public

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#148 » 20 Jan 2017, 03:10

NullPointer wrote:
pier4r wrote:Nullpointer having one week or more of testing in advance for the new conditions is going to 1900, all of us will catch up in 7-10 days I think.

Told ya :) When I installed 7.0 I knew it was pointless to keep optimising for 6.1.3, none of my old AIs have even a small chance of winning against the new ones, that's why I recommended updating.

I don't think I'll reach 1900 anytime soon, I need a winning ratio of 90%+ to get there if most people are below 1700.

What is beautiful is that one can see replays from others (gfx what a work!). So maybe this will speed up the catch up because a dedicated player may discover main patterns.

For the rest, too lazy to optimize before hand, I prefer to be slow and suffer, it fits my laziness. But you have also to admit that you tank a lot of high scores around version changes (as I did for 5.3.1).
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#149 » 20 Jan 2017, 11:47

Maybe, but I'm not sure, I think I'm losing at the same rate against high levels.
I'm more active when a new version is out, that's for sure.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#150 » 20 Jan 2017, 11:58

NullPointer wrote:Maybe, but I'm not sure, I think I'm losing at the same rate against high levels.
I'm more active when a new version is out, that's for sure.

I just analyzed the score history and it bumps when a new version is out and after a while it decreases a little. After many days is within the reach of the others. This except for alpha 5.2

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#151 » 20 Jan 2017, 12:21

I remember Alpha 6 was released very fast, I just had 1 or 2 days before it was rolled out, that was not much of a head start tbh. Alpha 7 was the first that took so long, I had 5-7 days indeed.

This data analysis probably means that in pre-Alpha7 I was bringing more new strategies to the table when versions were released rather than later. That gives me an edge for a while, because a lot of players prefer to try their old AIs first instead of rebuilding with the new features.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#152 » 20 Jan 2017, 14:50

Exactly. Indeed I'm doing exactly what you describe because otherwise I won't be lazy. For example do you remember that I did not rush in set your priorities in alpha 6.1.3? I started something like a rush, but not so pushy, just around the 15 of January (that was enough for 1722 though). With alpha 7 I see a lot to do but maybe I will catch up with my ideas around the end of January.

For example I would like to explain the new filters for the newcomers.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#153 » 20 Jan 2017, 16:29

Interesting nullpointer has 1105 victories now with 1525846 XP points, I have 1106 victories and 1535743 XP points. This likely means that my opponent average elo, when I won, was a tiny bit higher than the average opponent of nullpointer.

Nice information from the XP points (if one knows the formula behind them).

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#154 » 20 Jan 2017, 20:54

Aaand tanked thanks to the new versions. Conversion from alpha 6.1.3 at 90%, optimizations 20%. (estimates)
Attachments
2017-01-20 20_55_50-Mozilla Firefox.png
2017-01-20 20_55_50-Mozilla Firefox.png (67.71 KiB) Viewed 1412 times

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#155 » 20 Jan 2017, 21:04

Pier, you are the only one beating me with consistency right now. Null is too but I'm getting a few good wins in here and there.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#156 » 20 Jan 2017, 21:06

Nah, those string of victories (I'm shocked by myself, check my stats. Just green and orange), last like snow in the summer here. Tomorrow will be extra difficult to hold the points.

Only nullpointer with his constant crafting is like snow in summer, but on the sud pole.
Attachments
Chrome_20170120_211231.jpg
Chrome_20170120_211231.jpg (239.91 KiB) Viewed 1406 times

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#157 » 20 Jan 2017, 21:21

And he is still better. But nice, I have data to motivate myself to optimize.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#158 » 20 Jan 2017, 21:50

pier4r wrote:Aaand tanked thanks to the new versions. Conversion from alpha 6.1.3 at 90%, optimizations 20%. (estimates)

What a winning streak that was! Probably the longest ever, congrats.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#159 » 20 Jan 2017, 21:59

Dunno. It is something I may try to check with the db dump. Longest winning streaks. Longest winning streaks with elo, and such things.

I have to note it.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#160 » 20 Jan 2017, 22:06

NullPointer wrote:
pier4r wrote:Aaand tanked thanks to the new versions. Conversion from alpha 6.1.3 at 90%, optimizations 20%. (estimates)

What a winning streak that was! Probably the longest ever, congrats.

Anyway play! So either I fulfill my role of reverse Robin Hood (steal from the poor to give to the rich) or I get data.

Return to “General Discussions”