Recorded best scores.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Recorded best scores: After some days of domination, someone went ahead of nullpointer score

Post#121 » 01 Jan 2017, 00:48

I guess I'm not legit then :lol:

Don't mind my other accounts, I only use them for a few days when a new version is released so I can see what's new and help testing without risking my main account. I never copied my main AIs to any of them.

I'm playing only with my main account and my winning ratio went up to 78% and back down again to 77%. The reason my ELO is going down even though my winning ratio is still constant is because I was at 1850+, which is unsustainable with a gap of 200 points from the rest. My draw ratio went up too. I may lose the top spot eventually, I'm changing all my AIs very aggressively and trying some out of the box strategies, which sometimes fail really bad.

I agree that a lot of new players showed up and made the fights much more challenging. Kjr is giving me a hard time, which is good, you're forcing me to improve my AIs after each match. In general the game is getting better and better.

Btw, I'm not that concerned with my ELO or winning rate, I just do a lot of testing before deploying because it's how I like to play the game. I like to get my best strategies, search for weak spots and counter them.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Recorded best scores: After some days of domination, someone went ahead of nullpointer score

Post#122 » 01 Jan 2017, 10:35

Nullpointer you should reply to this topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172&view=unread#p1703
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#123 » 08 Jan 2017, 12:22

I'm not playing so much in those days but thanks to the stats page (again, every game should have a similar one) I see that on the top things are getting hot. The new players, unfortunately not yet registered here, are quite good. The more players, the harder the game!

I guess I'm going to lose a lot of points until I optimize for seven wonders and set your priorities. But that's the fun!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#124 » 09 Jan 2017, 19:09

Something that maybe will be implemented one day in the e stats page (the list of 1st position changes over time) but so far it is ok to take screenshots since nullpointer is always there.

2017-01-09 19_06_56-Mozilla Firefox.png
2017-01-09 19_06_56-Mozilla Firefox.png (43.35 KiB) Viewed 1376 times

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#125 » 09 Jan 2017, 19:50

So maybe we should found a nullpointer-number. Let's call it the NP-value. That value begins with zero and everyday you are ahead of nullpointer, your NP-value increases.

So my NP-value is 1

ov_screenshot_20170109081716.jpg
ov_screenshot_20170109081716.jpg (101.45 KiB) Viewed 1375 times

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#126 » 09 Jan 2017, 20:19

Ritter Runkel wrote:So maybe we should found a nullpointer-number. Let's call it the NP-value. That value begins with zero and everyday you are ahead of nullpointer, your NP-value increases.

So my NP-value is 1

ov_screenshot_20170109081716.jpg

That's a cool definition! Mine is 1 as well. I was ahead for one day. Then I lost 20 points against a random new strategy.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#127 » 10 Jan 2017, 12:59

Nice one, top ~20 is more competitive now.
It will be a while before I can fight back though. I'm busy creating maps for my own game now, I want to release an update sometime soon.

NP-value

haha :D Unfortunately you won't get millions if you solve NP problems like you would in real life.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#128 » 10 Jan 2017, 13:01

Which game?

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#130 » 12 Jan 2017, 23:55

I tried polygonerun2. Nice one, I like the music.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#131 » 13 Jan 2017, 22:33

Thanks! :D

Kudos for the top rating

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#132 » 18 Jan 2017, 08:00

@ritter hax 8-)
How many precious NP points do you have?

Screenshot_2017-01-18-15-01-46.png
Witchcraft XD
Screenshot_2017-01-18-15-01-46.png (179.39 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#133 » 18 Jan 2017, 08:27

Not so many (if np points mean points from nullpointer). I rarely see him, last match we had was on 01/07. Luckily I won this but it's hard to predict who will win when we meet next time.

The one in losing must points is black phantom. He is very tough, trying different things and beating AIs which where unbeaten for some days.

I'm pretty sure that I will list a bunch of points when the new version comes out.

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#134 » 18 Jan 2017, 09:19

Me and nullpointer are probably both sitting stalled in alpha 7.5. All matches pending for the whole day and no one joining.

On the plus side, had a match vs null earlier on split team where I stood toe to toe with him for 4 minutes. Ended in a draw, not a single bot loss on either side. I'm going to consider it a win for me if you don't mind null, heh.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#135 » 18 Jan 2017, 09:25

Yeah many of us are waiting for the playstore

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#136 » 18 Jan 2017, 09:27

Rushing 7.6

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#137 » 18 Jan 2017, 10:04

@blitz I just had fight with null in 7.4, lost ofc
Theres a link where you can see how many players are in a league, im guessing just you and null are in 7.5 and some gfx test dummy

Cuz the thing is;
Le me; just tested 7.3
Le me; look new version!
Le me; upgrades to 7.4
Le me; just Finished downloaded the 7.4
Le me: LOOK NEW VERSION!

@gfx, Dont rush might regret it.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#138 » 18 Jan 2017, 12:50

MGBlitz81 wrote:On the plus side, had a match vs null earlier on split team where I stood toe to toe with him for 4 minutes. Ended in a draw, not a single bot loss on either side. I'm going to consider it a win for me if you don't mind null, heh.

Whatever you did with your AI in the last day worked really well, the match ended practically in the same area it started, gg.

You need to find a way to counter that SYP rush though. But keep in mind I'm working on a way to counter a counter strategy ;)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#139 » 18 Jan 2017, 14:21

NullPointer wrote:
MGBlitz81 wrote:On the plus side, had a match vs null earlier on split team where I stood toe to toe with him for 4 minutes. Ended in a draw, not a single bot loss on either side. I'm going to consider it a win for me if you don't mind null, heh.

Whatever you did with your AI in the last day worked really well, the match ended practically in the same area it started, gg.

You need to find a way to counter that SYP rush though. But keep in mind I'm working on a way to counter a counter strategy ;)

Guys, you can't imagine how happy I am when I read such stuff.
That's exactly what I wanted to achieve with this game.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#140 » 18 Jan 2017, 16:17

:D

Wait until he can counter my counter counter rush.

Return to “General Discussions”