Elo score boom

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Elo score boom

Post#41 » 20 Aug 2017, 18:04

How are there only 10 people in master league?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#42 » 26 Aug 2017, 20:11

...and shrinking.

around 20 for bronze
around 190 for silver
around 30 for gold
around 25 platinum
around 30 diamond
around 15 master
around 20 grand master
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#43 » 27 Aug 2017, 01:15

Please, wake me up when it will alarm someone...

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#44 » 27 Aug 2017, 02:28

pier4r wrote:...and shrinking.

around 20 for bronze
around 190 for silver
around 30 for gold
around 25 platinum
around 30 diamond
around 15 master
around 20 grand master

Based on this:
Bronze lost 20 people
silver lost 20 people
Gold lost 10
Master gained 5 people

Also I highly doubt all leagues rests in multiples of 5. Can you do actual figures in the future instead of rounded ones?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#45 » 27 Aug 2017, 08:50

actual figures: you can do it.

My approach lately is to see the stats for many days but then make a "round about" after one week (or more). So there may be 43 players one day and 38 another and I pick 40. To give an idea is enough.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#46 » 29 Aug 2017, 05:53

pier4r wrote:actual figures: you can do it.

My approach lately is to see the stats for many days but then make a "round about" after one week (or more). So there may be 43 players one day and 38 another and I pick 40. To give an idea is enough.

1. I've said plenty of times why I really can't dedicate an abundance of time to gladiabots. Even then, to keep the the actual figures for only myself would be a but hard for me to track and to post the actual figures behind you everyday would bloat this thread too much with the exact same information and make it hard to track. And it isn't like all of the information is in one page, I literally would have to load a new page 7 times just to get the same information you are providing here
2. For a low number of only 20 people, we generally have a pretty stable number of people playing and if a single player did disappear for a day it would be noticeable. So rounding pretty much any league other than bronze in the current state of the game is a significant loss of data if anyone wanted to follow these stats

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#47 » 29 Aug 2017, 09:26

I understand what you mean but I have in mind to make a summary in the future and rounded numbers (to the nearest multiple of 5 or 10) are enough for me. For more precise stuff, one can create a crawler. (actually i should do it damn me)

So, as said, for my action returning the approximate data is enough because if I report the exact data of the day, I cannot "eyeballing" the average of the last days.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#48 » 10 Sep 2017, 12:17

around 25 for bronze
around 170 for silver
around 30 for gold
around 20 platinum
around 25 diamond
around 20 master
around 25 grand master

Note, thanks to the introduction of the global stats page (nice touch GFX!) we have also the score average.

Now, since the score formula is a zero sum exchange of points, if in the system there would be as many points as every active player had at the start of his multiplayer career, the average would be around 1000.

Instead the average in this moment is 1158. This means that there are a lot of points (actually (1158-1000)*(318 players) ) that comes from now inactive players.

Here is a strong clue where the score inflation comes from.
(a) the active players keeps available points taken from now inactive players
(b) some players are able to accumulate more points than the others. reaching higher and higher scores (this also needs that the other players reach higher scores as well)

I'd say if the average for the global stats stays the same or also go down, it may (may because, it is complicated) be a sign that there is not enough inflation anymore.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#49 » 10 Sep 2017, 18:19

pier4r wrote:around 25 for bronze
around 170 for silver
around 30 for gold
around 20 platinum
around 25 diamond
around 20 master
around 25 grand master

26 bronze
167 silver
28 gold
16 platinum
27 diamond
17 master
24 grand master

Castlevania
Automaton
Automaton

Post#50 » 11 Sep 2017, 20:52

Is this a thread about score boom or player shrink?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#51 » 11 Sep 2017, 21:10

players = points = possible inflation or not. It is related.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#52 » 18 Sep 2017, 03:29

41 bronze (+15)
175 silver (+8)
45 gold (+17)
15 platinum (-1)
27 diamond (+0)
15 master (-2)
25 grand master (+1)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#53 » 18 Sep 2017, 07:14

Thanks mcompany, that's neat if someone else contributes too

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#54 » 25 Sep 2017, 20:19

I'm a day late, but here we go:
39 bronze (-2)
144 silver (-31)
40 gold (-5)
27 platinum (+12)
27 diamond (+0)
15 master (+0)
23 grand master (-2)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#55 » 03 Oct 2017, 01:07

Ok, someone needs to remind me to update this. Like, I'm fine with doin it on Mondays instead of Sundays, but I almost forgot today as well (spend half the day trying to get information out of an extremely scratched CD)

25 bronze (-14)
123 silver (-21)
31 gold (-9)
19 platinum (-8)
27 diamond (+0)
11 master (-4)
21 grand master (-2)

Quite obviously, much less people are playing

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#56 » 03 Oct 2017, 14:32

You don't need to be extremely precise. A sampling every now and then (as I do screenshot of GM and master league in telegram) is better than nothing.

Super precise sampling (like every day) is not bad too, but to extract more info from it one needs way more "proper" questions. For simple tracking it is enough.

Anyway even with the free games the game is losing players. I wonder why.
I mean I understand it is not for those players that do not want to think much while playing (ex: a first person shooter is more about reflexes than thinking if played casually), but I thought there was a "core" available.

maybe the core is represented by the people from diamond up, since they are more or less stable.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#57 » 03 Oct 2017, 18:33

pier4r wrote:You don't need to be extremely precise. A sampling every now and then (as I do screenshot of GM and master league in telegram) is better than nothing.

Super precise sampling (like every day) is not bad too, but to extract more info from it one needs way more "proper" questions. For simple tracking it is enough.

I do kinda agree, but at least with the way I'm doing it (once a week) you can easily see when people joined and quit without be overloaded in data. Plus, you was updating once a week before I took over, so meh

Although, if you are talking about preciseness in the data itself (not the frequency), I very much do think it is necessary due to the lack of players

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#58 » 03 Oct 2017, 23:46

I talk about frequency. And I think about updating the topic too, just if you are faster than me (I'm about 10 days) then less work for me :P

Then someone has to compille a graph to show the trend, although so far it is evident from week to week.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#59 » 04 Oct 2017, 09:34

I'm considering regrouping leagues following this model:
New bronze league = Bronze + Silver (150 players)
New silver league = Gold + Platinum + Diamond (75 players)
New gold league = Master + Grand Master (30 players)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#60 » 04 Oct 2017, 10:16

What will be the elo limit for each new league? Does it be in relation with your elo reset? Where newplayer will appears?

Return to “General Discussions”