Who is your nemesis

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Who is your nemesis

Post#1 » 17 Nov 2016, 19:49

This topic was already there in the old forum. Who is your personal nemesis.

Mine is MGBlitz81. Every time I think I have a new'n'nice AI, he comes and shows me that I missed something fundamental. Mostly it is not fixable and so I have to redesign again ... and again ... and again

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Who is your nemesis

Post#2 » 17 Nov 2016, 20:42

Mine is everyone in the top 20 and especially Corteswain. Likely he is always testing, but his tests are at least successful against me.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 23 Nov 2016, 11:19

Currently I would say.

Nullpointer is very hard (and it is still dominating, ha! Request for gfx: history of the position (only to the player) in the last X days and/or personal best score (mine was 1589 or 1595 not counting a computing error). So Nullpointer can see that he is always first for the last X days.

ntk is hard but sometimes by luck I win.

MGblitz is not so involved, his words, but nevertheless is coming slowly up.

I by chance I'm 4th (I was by chance second yesterday, best score 1589 or 1595 due to a computing error)

Lord Valcor, gaspode, johnbob, ritter and so on are dangerous but the new dangerous guy, that may be as strong as MGblitz, seems zxc. Dunno if it is a second account of someone strong but it is quite effective.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 23 Nov 2016, 11:51

Well, I'm just not making major updates or overhaul to AI... just small ones, one or two quick fixes. probably why I lose on mind game half the time. My gunner AI is crap and still left over from when I was experimenting. Consious, your shotgun/gunner rush is doing a fine job destroying my bots now.

But I did edit my bots to counter your shotguns on meeting point Ritter. I also borrowed your AI for the lead sniper on "Set your Priorities". Its pretty clever.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 23 Nov 2016, 12:14

MGblitz you are making way more tweak than me. But yes, the idea is that with small continuous fixes the AIs improves.

I started with one generic AI and then slowly adapting it to the single maps.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 23 Nov 2016, 17:22

MGBlitz81 wrote:Well, I'm just not making major updates or overhaul to AI... just small ones, one or two quick fixes. probably why I lose on mind game half the time. My gunner AI is crap and still left over from when I was experimenting. Consious, your shotgun/gunner rush is doing a fine job destroying my bots now.

But I did edit my bots to counter your shotguns on meeting point Ritter. I also borrowed your AI for the lead sniper on "Set your Priorities". Its pretty clever.

Their still really buggy
The 100% winning chance drops 0%
When it doesnt do the thing its supposed to do ex. My ntks and peirs matches always get overpowered with machinegun rush but it does different things and just flips the table

that why i always drop ranks i dont even redo them
And i get beated on simple bots

Ritters dancing shotgun is quite impressive
Then other players starting to copy it

I havent had a single match to nullpointer in 5.2

But the prowler one on prev versions
Is hard
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 23 Nov 2016, 18:01

Screenshot_2016-11-24-00-57-15.png
But i just keep being defeated by new ones so
Screenshot_2016-11-24-00-57-15.png (118.86 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
Screenshot_2016-11-24-00-57-06.png
Doing some little damage on top ones
Screenshot_2016-11-24-00-57-06.png (119.34 KiB) Viewed 1903 times

Im still waiting for null pointer

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 23 Nov 2016, 19:22

Null pointer does not play so much. I believe he is in a timezone where not so many are active.

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#9 » 23 Nov 2016, 20:25

pier4r wrote:... seems zxc. Dunno if it is a second account of someone strong but it is quite effective.

His name is like my name, but i have only one account, he is pretty good, i meet 1 time (i think there is another account behind it).

for the curious: my name is derived from the abbreviation of an electronic quartz of a remote component, it's a long story 30 years ago, about the stupidity of my school teacher technology: she saied of know everything on elettronic, she said it's a capacitor :mrgreen: .
I remember this name, after 30 years: NTK R500 CF3.

my nemesis: loses games: I can not afford to lose game. I changed my metting point after pier4r nvidea, mgblitz see my crazy buggies shotgun AI

i'm thinking of create another account per test AI, lose with main account is detrimental to the ranking :mrgreen:

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#10 » 23 Nov 2016, 20:28

You guys are coming up with some very clever AIs, it's really tough to go up now.

As I said in another topic, I'm not playing a lot because I can't find games, even though I'm at GMT 0. I arrive at home, drop 5 games and don't play again until the next day. At best I play 10 games a day.

My AIs are practically unchanged for almost a week now because I can barely test them against anyone.

GFX said he's thinking about a solution for this lack of games, I'm really hoping for it.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#11 » 23 Nov 2016, 20:30

ntk, it's a LOT of work to copy AIs from one device to another, I only use my 2nd account when I'm travelling and don't have a choice, it even disappeared from the ranking already.

pier4r, your Machine Guns are a pain :x

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#12 » 23 Nov 2016, 20:55

ntk wrote:i'm thinking of create another account per test AI, lose with main account is detrimental to the ranking :mrgreen:

Eh, this is a possible behavior of every game that is point based. People do not like to lose points. Who cares, play. The beauty of the elo is that if you get the right AI, on the long run you are at the top. Otherwise gfx should develop another system to reward playing a lot (I have already ideas). Moreover for testing the "ghost mode" would be great.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 23 Nov 2016, 21:01

NullPointer wrote:ntk, it's a LOT of work to copy AIs from one device to another, I only use my 2nd account when I'm travelling and don't have a choice, it even disappeared from the ranking already.

pier4r, your Machine Guns are a pain :x

You cannot believe how trivial are my decision trees (I call them decision trees and not AIs). Those are crowded because there are too many classes.

I mean my machine guns do three things: if someone is there, shoot, otherwise, retreat or catch something.

Moreover, if you look good enough, my decision trees are open source all the time xD.

I'm GMT +2 and I have the same problem of nullpointers, almost no one is available. I wonder how the others are able to stack up 50 games per day.

One thing that is wonderful is conscious1. I could adjust my decision tree to fight back the "moving shotguns" but I do not want to, too beautiful, they can win. Instead other players, even if very strong (Blitz, ntk, nullpointer, zxc, gaspode, lord valcor, ritter, etc...) do not seem "unreachable".

Or better, I know for example that on seven wonders one has to use two decision trees to focus fire with the snipers (one that shoot at closest, the other at furthest), but I'm extra lazy, maintaining multiple decision trees for every map is too much for me. I do only when there are clear "blocks of bots" like on meeting point.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#14 » 23 Nov 2016, 21:19

Let's play a few private matches when they are implemented, I want to see your other AIs in actions.

I think the main reason why I'm being able to accumulate a lot of points is because my AIs for 7 Wonders and Set Your Priorities are undefeated since Alpha 5.3, so when I lose matches in the painful CoD (btw, I'm starting to believe this is a rock/paper/scissor map), I can get some points back in these maps. I'm sure someone will eventually find a way to beat them, I'm hoping for that actually, it will be fun to try to improve it even further.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#15 » 23 Nov 2016, 21:24

But actually I wonder if you do not consider the following fact. If there are only mg long range, go to the closest resource. (mg are not strong enough to kill a sniper long range)

Retreat if you get in medium range.

So you will get one resource an win. I do think instead that seven wonders does have an optimal bot formation, but set priorities, meeting point, etc. no. The further are the bots, the more the formation can variate. Unless one has a decision tree for every bot, in that case it is possible to focus fire and so, snipers for the win.

I should do this too, but I'm lazy.

PS: for my AIs, click my profile, then the website.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#16 » 23 Nov 2016, 21:27

pier4r wrote:If there are only mg long range, go to the closest resource

After 2 draws against your Machine Guns I've just done a tweak against them, beware :D

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 23 Nov 2016, 21:54

I'm lazy. I prefer to spam here, not to fix my AIs.
Ah I resaw the game, you shoot also out of range, that was your problem. Easy fix I guess.

This because actually since there are the classes the todo list was:
- do generic AI (almost done)
- do AI per map (done)
- do AI per class. And here I'm extra lazy because I do not want to click 6 thousands times. If there would be a "select copy" maybe.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#18 » 23 Nov 2016, 22:10

So far on my laptop (theletter7) my only consistent losses has been to either ntk and nullpointer, circle of death, and the rock paper scissors, while on my phone (where I'm using a different method of making my AIs) I still am having a hard time against a lot of the top players (including myself)

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#19 » 24 Nov 2016, 00:37

No nemesis on particular. When I lose and if i have some time i watch again and again until i know how to tweak my AIs.
I took 4th place for a few minutes above Pier4r and then lost to mcompany on meeting point: this one is tricky because it's my most complex AI but there's room for improvement. And there was poostick who beat me on 'set your priorities' which is the map i didn't really study yet. I spent 2 hours on seven wonders and i hope it'll pay off. One lose against mgblitz but it was very close :-)

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#20 » 24 Nov 2016, 00:41

No luck: second match on seven wonders was against nullpointer... Very nice setup !!
I hope I can reproduce it but I have no time :(

Return to “General Discussions”