I challenge you all! Can you beat my SmartBot?

LELEZ
Script
Script

I challenge you all! Can you beat my SmartBot?

Post#1 » 08 Feb 2017, 09:59

Update:
Current best AI
Rock n roll with 9 nodes! Grats

The challenge:
- build an AI that's smart enough to beat all practice levels without being tuned in between
- do it with the least amount of nodes you can

The rules:
- you can use whatever node/condition you like
- you need to apply same AI to all of your bots in every level without changing it
- you need to use assault bots only

The winner:
- if you found an AI that beats all the practice levels using assault bots: congrats! You are now eligible to be the winner of this contest! Post a screen of your AI down here and write the number of nodes
- the owner of the AI with the least amount of nodes is the winner

Why should you try:
- first of all it is a nice exercise and i bet you can learn something about stategies and counters by doing it (props to the dev putting up such a nice challenge)
- it probably requires you to just pick up a nice AI for assault bots you already have and just test if it wins the challenge (i'm trying to let you think you are smart enough)
- it will probably fail in one or more matches: and if you're a Programmer with the P, then you should be feeling stupid and seeing "the challenge" (now i'm asking you to prove me wrong)
- if you don't, it means you couldn't come up with a smart enough AI (that's last resort i can pull out to make you try.. the old kids trick if you don't you suck) :D
- just try.. believe me. It seems super easy at first. But it could turn into something interesting

Interesting develops:
If more than a couple solutions with a reasonably low amount of nodes can be found by us, we can try to analyze the solutions, see how people went over problems (probably with different node trees), see what is the easiest way of doing it, the fastest, and the best performing one (explain this later).
We could even copy other people AI on each other device and test them one vs the other in the test arena game mode. Of course there a bigger number of nodes should give advantages, but i wouldn't count 100% on it.
Or we could try to see which one beats the bots by a larger margin (here the best performing). Let's say my AI wins seven wonders 4 to 3 and another AI does it 7/0. They could both be winners but we could see the differece in what nodes and how many of them are required to pass between a small and a big margin victory.

Finally:
I will answer to this post with my solution.. smartbot. Can you beat me?
Last edited by LELEZ on 08 Feb 2017, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

LELEZ
Script
Script

Re: I challenge you all! Can you beat my SmartBot?

Post#2 » 08 Feb 2017, 10:03

I will kick things off with smartbot, my solution.. 18 nodes to rule them all!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 08 Feb 2017, 10:07

Nice challenge! And nice solution!

LELEZ wrote:- it will probably fail in one or more matches: and if you're a Programmer with the P, then you should be feeling stupid and seeing "the challenge" (now i'm asking you to prove me wrong)
- if you don't, it means you couldn't come up with a smart enough AI (that's last resort i can pull out to make you try.. the old kids trick if you don't you suck) :D

Due to this two posts, I already say that I cannot win your smartbot. But mcompany may try.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

LELEZ
Script
Script

Post#4 » 08 Feb 2017, 10:29

pier4r wrote:Due to this two posts, I already say that I cannot win your smartbot. But mcompany may try.

You crushed me in multiplayer a few times .. come on you can get a 17 out at least

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 08 Feb 2017, 10:30

You know that I never finished all the missions?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 08 Feb 2017, 16:41

Since the AIs are public here this won't really work, but you could also compare them against each other (let them fight) instead of this node count method.

Rock n roll
Hello World
Hello World

Post#7 » 08 Feb 2017, 16:50

9 nodes
Illuminati confirmed
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-02-08-20-38-00.png
Screenshot_2017-02-08-20-38-00.png (105.26 KiB) Viewed 3997 times

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#8 » 08 Feb 2017, 17:09

pier4r wrote:Due to this two posts, I already say that I cannot win your smartbot. But mcompany may try.

I haven't made a small AI since 5.2 CoD. Also I didn't expect people to have such small AIs to do this task. I already lost, so I'm not bothering with it

Rock n roll
Hello World
Hello World

Post#9 » 08 Feb 2017, 18:19

Oh, cmon it's not that hard.

LELEZ
Script
Script

Post#10 » 08 Feb 2017, 18:23

Rock n roll wrote:9 nodes
Illuminati confirmed

OMG this guy took it to next level! AHAHAHHA
I expected someone could go lower than me, but i supposed down to 15-12 not sub 10!!

Best of compliments to finding that out, it also seemed to me that your AI was doing it better than mine in most missions, when i checked it

I will make them battle each other and tell you guys the results in a bit, i suppose your is going to win them all tho because you start attacking from long range and you also try to score balls during games (my bots went for a kill them score later strategy)
Very nice job!

P.S.: as i supposed i already learnt something just by watching your nodes (i'm very new to the game).
Making more conditions on the same branch for an if statement makes it check for any of those, and previously i didn't know it!
Specifically your node if enemy - any - exists - moving to resource, moving to base, idle gave me the chance to know it.. great! i had to come up with a tag to solve a similar "problem"
thank you

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#11 » 08 Feb 2017, 18:38

Illuminati confirmed

Wow, 9?? Will be tough to beat that. I like this challenge, I'll give it a try sometime.

LELEZ
Script
Script

Post#12 » 08 Feb 2017, 18:46

Illuminati confirmed

Map Name --- Rock n R AI --- LELEZ AI
Seven Wonders ---------- 7 -- 0
Set Your Priorities -------- 5 -- 0
Neighbours Fight -------- 5 -- 0
Meeting Point ------------ 0 -- 5
Starving ----------------- 1-- 0
Interference ------------- 2 -- 0
Ambidextrous ----------- 2 -- 0
Circle of Death ----------- W - L
Split Team --------------- W - L
Back to Back ------------- 6 -- 0
Crossfire One Way -------- L - W
Crossfire Other Way ------- W - L
Mind Game -------------- 0 -- 3
Kingmaker -------------- 7 -- 0
Barred Spiral ------------- W - L

Total ----------------- 12 -- 3

So as i expected your AI won the most of them, adding the 3 community maps too.
Mine was inferior in combat by far, yours could score points during the battle and i was able to beat you only in Meeting Point and Mind Game. I will try to see why is that, since i lost all other matches! :)
Crossfire map makes the centered guy to always lose so my guess is that being in two sides and stopping opponent retreat was strong in those fights.

Your AI was also tagless while mine had a tag to solve a case, so yours was not only using 9 nodes, half of mine, it was also "simpler" without using tags.

100% great job dude!!
I saw that Nullpointer wants to join us in the challenge sometimes, so we will see if he can come up with a strong enough 8 nodes or less AI to teach us how to play Gladiabots! :D
Last edited by LELEZ on 08 Feb 2017, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Rock n roll
Hello World
Hello World

Post#13 » 08 Feb 2017, 18:50

Its not true. Conditions of the same type are using "or" between. And conditions of different types are using "and". In your example moving to res, to base, if idle are conditions of the same type "moving".
Correct me if I'm wrong.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#14 » 08 Feb 2017, 18:50

Illuminati confirmed

Hi! Welcome and: you are quite hard to beat, congrats!

Atlas
Hello World
Hello World

Post#15 » 08 Mar 2017, 22:36

I had this game for a while but have never been on the forum. I got it in 6!

If anyone could check and make sure Im right and didnt screw up placing my AIs that would be great.
smartBot.6.png
smartBot.6.png (211.1 KiB) Viewed 3818 times

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#16 » 10 Mar 2017, 04:08

Atlas wrote:If anyone could check and make sure Im right

Confirmed! That's impressive!

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 10 Mar 2017, 05:14

I'm working on a 4 Node AI. It can beat some of the practice levels but not all. 6 Nodes is the least one can do apparently.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Atlas
Hello World
Hello World

Post#18 » 10 Mar 2017, 07:38

4 nodes would be very impressive. What about 5?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#19 » 10 Mar 2017, 08:27

Atlas wrote:4 nodes would be very impressive. What about 5?

Nope. I can't pass all the levels without at least 6 Nodes. Yet. :twisted:
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#20 » 20 Mar 2017, 16:40

Hi all,

I play since yesterday one of the first thing i try is to create an AI for all level^^

I'm far behind with 18nodes but atleast i lose on only 1 level VS the 6nodes AI (ambidextrous)...

I will try to improve/reduce my AI nodes and win all matches vs this smart 6nodes AI.

Return to “General Discussions”