Current best AI
Rock n roll with 9 nodes! Grats
- build an AI that's smart enough to beat all practice levels without being tuned in between
- do it with the least amount of nodes you can
- you can use whatever node/condition you like
- you need to apply same AI to all of your bots in every level without changing it
- you need to use assault bots only
- if you found an AI that beats all the practice levels using assault bots: congrats! You are now eligible to be the winner of this contest! Post a screen of your AI down here and write the number of nodes
- the owner of the AI with the least amount of nodes is the winner
Why should you try:
- first of all it is a nice exercise and i bet you can learn something about stategies and counters by doing it (props to the dev putting up such a nice challenge)
- it probably requires you to just pick up a nice AI for assault bots you already have and just test if it wins the challenge (i'm trying to let you think you are smart enough)
- it will probably fail in one or more matches: and if you're a Programmer with the P, then you should be feeling stupid and seeing "the challenge" (now i'm asking you to prove me wrong)
- if you don't, it means you couldn't come up with a smart enough AI (that's last resort i can pull out to make you try.. the old kids trick if you don't you suck)
- just try.. believe me. It seems super easy at first. But it could turn into something interesting
If more than a couple solutions with a reasonably low amount of nodes can be found by us, we can try to analyze the solutions, see how people went over problems (probably with different node trees), see what is the easiest way of doing it, the fastest, and the best performing one (explain this later).
We could even copy other people AI on each other device and test them one vs the other in the test arena game mode. Of course there a bigger number of nodes should give advantages, but i wouldn't count 100% on it.
Or we could try to see which one beats the bots by a larger margin (here the best performing). Let's say my AI wins seven wonders 4 to 3 and another AI does it 7/0. They could both be winners but we could see the differece in what nodes and how many of them are required to pass between a small and a big margin victory.
I will answer to this post with my solution.. smartbot. Can you beat me?