Le Elevator Pitch

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Le Elevator Pitch

Post#1 » 16 Jan 2017, 14:52

OK here's my current elevator pitch about the game:

Gladiabots is a competitive strategy game where you craft the behavior of your robot squad.

I'm constantly working on it to improve it.
Any idea?
It has to be short, to carry the concept of the game and to be appealing even for non-programmers.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Le Elevator Pitch

Post#2 » 16 Jan 2017, 14:59

I would say it's quite fitting. (one can test it on reddit)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:14

I asked a native speaker here and he said this sounds very good and natural. I asked about a few alternatives, but "craft" sounds really good.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:16

It's OK, but add this:

Features:
• Unique Gameplay - You can't control your bots in an ongoing match. They follow the AIs created by you, to figure out what to do.
• AI Editor - Programmers will feel right at home with the 'Logic Tree'-based Editor. But it is also a great place for non-programmers to start coding. The 'Event Node' system is for everyone!
• Solo Missions for you to practise in Offline Mode. Finished all the levels? No problem! The game is actually focused on Multiplayer. Compete against thousands of people using asynchronous Multiplayer! Minimum wait times! And no, the experienced players won't take away all your points right in the beginning, thanks to the League System.
• Bot Classes - 4 different Bot Classes with their unique characteristics. They are unlocked by climbing up the Leagues.

Hope you like this... Spent quite some time working on this. :)
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:23

NullPointer wrote:I asked a native speaker here and he said this sounds very good and natural. I asked about a few alternatives, but "craft" sounds really good.

Are you not british?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:23

Kanishka, how many floors are there in your building?

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:24

pier4r wrote:Are you not british?

I'm Brazillian (from Rio).

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:24

Why? :?

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:25

Kanishka wrote:Why? :?

Because an elevator pitch should be short :lol:

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#10 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:26

NullPointer wrote:

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#11 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:28

NullPointer wrote:

:twisted:

Answer: 3

And I know... But since the elevator pitch was OK, I suggested a description... The current one is too short. And... You know... Not too 'descriptive'. :pun intended:

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#12 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:29

lol

NullPointer wrote:

And by the way, I was your neighbour a while back, I lived in Kreuzberg, Berlin before.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 16 Jan 2017, 15:30

NullPointer wrote:

Cool, I thought you were British all the time. How is the game received in your brazilian circle of contacts? I can say that between my German circle and my Italian circle the experience is similar. The language is not a problem; the meaning of filters, actions, bla is a big problem because often not so clear; the amount of work once they get hooked by the game and end up in league4 (being then obliterated) is another big problem. Few accepts the challenge of the few that got hooked of the few that tried the game.

Ah you were even in Berlin? Why did you leave this glorious place? (joking, I know that many places are nice)

I'm Italian though. Not so proud of it, but that's it.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#14 » 16 Jan 2017, 16:02

I only showed to co-workers so far. 2 played it, but didn't get hooked up.

Berlin is the best, beats London in most aspects. The only problem is that in Germany they speak German :roll: oh, and have really high taxes. Italy has the best food.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#15 » 16 Jan 2017, 16:21

NullPointer wrote:I only showed to co-workers so far. 2 played it, but didn't get hooked up.

Berlin is the best, beats London in most aspects. The only problem is that in Germany they speak German :roll: oh, and have really high taxes. Italy has the best food.

Well German is nothing bad I like it although I'm still learning it. Moreover at least here germans are awesome, mostly everyone can communicate in English while if you go in Italy, well good luck. (After that, I hope to find the time to learn French. I know someone here in Germany with bazillion of French literature books and I just want to read them. Have you ever read Marcel Proust? When he does not get into descriptions, he is amazing). Plus taxes when well used (here for example) are useful for society. The goal should have a working society not a fat account. In Italy there are high taxes but due to corruption, society works way worse.

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#16 » 16 Jan 2017, 16:54

"Gladiabots is a competitive strategy game where you craft the behavior of your robot squad."

I don't like the use of the word "where". Gladiabots is not a location, it's a game... I suggest replacing with "in which".

"craft" just sticks out as referring to minecraft or any other crafting and building game. It's a sign of the times I guess. I suggest using "develop" or possibly "create" instead. I like "develop" a little more.

Here is my pitch for ya...

"Gladiabots is a competitive strategy game in which you develop the behavior of your automated robot battle squad"

Apart from my previous suggestions, I added the words "automated" and "battle" to help flesh out the main idea of the game in general without making it much longer.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 16 Jan 2017, 17:05

+1 for Blitz!

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#18 » 16 Jan 2017, 17:07

+1 for Blitz!

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#19 » 16 Jan 2017, 17:37

Nice indeed.
"develop" is a bit too programmer oriented IMHO though.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#20 » 16 Jan 2017, 17:55

"Bored?, play gladiabots!"
Jk.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

Return to “General Discussions”