Hi everybody, I'm back!

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Hi everybody, I'm back!

Post#1 » 15 Nov 2016, 00:10

I just wanted to say hi and share my story.

I've been away for a long time because of real life issues (thanks for your kind messges btw GFX47, it was very nice to get them when things were so dark) and last night was my first real sit down with 5.2.

Actually, I did have a couple of quick matches in 5.1 where I deployed my bots from 4.3 and after a couple of early wins, quickly got destroyed in match after match.

I didn't have time to really analyse what was going on but realised that I was going to have to treat things seriously if I wanted to go up in league rankings. (I really wanted to play with the new bots.)

So I sat down last night to really rework my AI and figure out what I could do to start winning in multiplayer.

But I got a pleasant surprise, somehow, I was in league 2 and I could play with the shotgun. I must admit, I went a little overboard trying things out with the shotgun, I started doing all sorts of things but started thinking that shotgun rush was the best way to do things.

Till I got owned again and again and again. LOL Once I got over my initial infatuation with the shotgun. I started really looking into reworking my AI to be competitive again. Also I got kicked down to league 1 and lost access to the shotgun.

Anyway, I've now worked my way back up to league 2 and hopefully will be able to hold my own.

A couple of observations.

I like how much the community has grown. It looks really i lively.
I also like the wiki. This is really nice, needs some work but its great to have the info available. (Things I didn't know but I found out on the wiki - range accuracy is a threshold and doesn't vary by distance, different bots have different health)
I like the new bots, this creates a whole new set of things to deal with.

Initially, I didn't like getting demoted and losing access to the shotgun, but I think it was a good thing in the long run. It forced me to concentrate on my assault and get that up to scratch first.

Anyway, if you're read this far, thanks for reading.

Hopefully I'll come up against you in a match sometime.

Thanks GFX47 for a great game and for being a great person.

ChunkyMonkey

Avaren
Script
Script

Re: Hi everybody, I'm back!

Post#2 » 15 Nov 2016, 04:26

Welcome back!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 15 Nov 2016, 08:03

thanks for sharing and contribute to the wiki!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#4 » 15 Nov 2016, 09:46

Welcome back! Very happy to read you again ;)

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 18 Nov 2016, 22:57

Thanks everybody. =)

Return to “General Discussions”