developer, hell is waiting for you as one of most skilled torturers

DOVMASHLEH
Hello World
Hello World

developer, hell is waiting for you as one of most skilled torturers

Post#1 » 12 Mar 2018, 01:34

this game is original and pretty fun, so it is hard to stop playing - it's a kind of addiction may be.
And what do u do with all of us - addicted players? You sit behind nice unity screen and write nice scripts in c# (or what do u use), pursuing, consciously or not, one of most sadistic goal i've ever seen: you are forcing us to compose AI(!) under following restrictions:
a) only rule set is allowed to use. Wanna any evolution? wanna genetics? swarm intelligence? well,you can join or community -pretty good swarm representation, brew all your evristics here, let you ideas evolve in biological style -processing all that actions in your own peace of meat you call brain - that's all NN u are allowed to use. And form output as ruleset.
b) While composing rule set, you are forced to render all enviroment parameters via harsh pre-defined mix of boolean and Zade-logic (fuzzylogic). No numeric values, no actual comparators, no convinient fuzzy logic covering full range of values are allowed. Pls, imagine for a second, how diversity of behaviour will rise if we wont have to stick to 3 zones: classic duels behaviour could evolve here, where to bots are moving towards each other while nervously computing shoot or not to shoot already. and, for example, possibility to calculate complex condition parameters function like potential energy to whole enemy crowd and freedom of movement angle selection will result in miuch more beatiful real-like moving patterns with some strafe and flanking istead of suicide rush forward vs cowardly retreeting.
c) And now most frustration-forcing restriction: you force us to do it via freaking VISUAL PROGRAMMING - paradigm refused even by little children after their first try of writing code.

so, plz, concider (may be for future 2.0 version) possibility to add some simple scripting language... or, much better, take some pre-made interpreter component and try to implement some api for bult in processing or python or even prolog/lisp strategy script evaluator. Or post here a link to your github etc. repo, so anybody will be able to sacrifice online multiplayer for couple of hours free of frustration and full of real fun of beating campaign via real self made AI instead of ruleset.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: developer, hell is waiting for you as one of most skilled torturers

Post#2 » 12 Mar 2018, 05:26

The dev has said that he wants to keep the game simple and easy for non-coders. For you, me, and everyone else here (coz ironically, looks like only coders play this game) this is bad news. :(
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Tortuga
Script
Script

Post#3 » 12 Mar 2018, 12:15

I think that visual language is a great success. Although as you say, it would be nice to be able to customize the nodes more by means of a scripting language and not be so limited. But in my opinion, the game should have been oriented to something similar to the Lego Mindstorn language. Where there are sensors and you programs the actuators based on those sensors.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 12 Mar 2018, 15:40

Conscious-one v2.0

Anyway I like the visual programming (with the new editor, before there was not multiple copy / paste or delete!) as it keeps the game as a game.

If I have to code, I code something else. Also if you cannot find a proper strategy, is not that written code will help magically to find better solutions.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 13 Mar 2018, 02:45

Lol i dont sound like that XD
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

Return to “General Discussions”