Tired of so many maps :<

Night Fury ^^
Script
Script

Tired of so many maps :<

Post#1 » 10 Dec 2016, 04:32

As GFX47 releases the new rule that limit number of special bots, I find it very difficult that I have to start from scratch on all of my AI, and lost ~200 points because of the old but very well programmed AIs (in my opinion :">)
Someone may disagree wiyth me, so I have to say that, I want my AI being created carefully before going to multiplayer, then making a new one takes me a lot of time. Ex. my Mind Game AIs (~65-70 nodes each, and had been unbeatable for about 35 matches in L3&4 after finished) :<
Question is, do you guys feel tired like me? And how do you deal with it?
- Still a bad player -
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-12-10-10-31-44.png
Screenshot_2016-12-10-10-31-44.png (224.56 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Screenshot_2016-12-10-10-30-54.png
Screenshot_2016-12-10-10-30-54.png (218.48 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Tired of so many maps :<

Post#2 » 10 Dec 2016, 05:09

Meh, when there's least maps people complain...when theres a lot, still.

Private,local,unranked matches are incoming soon.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 10 Dec 2016, 05:41

I use AI less complex
Screenshot_2016-12-10-05-34-56-640x360.jpeg
Screenshot_2016-12-10-05-34-56-640x360.jpeg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 1509 times

I need to copy fast from my mainframe to my iphone, pc, smartphone android and my old nokia, someone can help me :mrgreen:

I use only 14 account

Night Fury ^^
Script
Script

Post#4 » 10 Dec 2016, 05:47

I didn't complain when there's least map :v

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 10 Dec 2016, 09:33

The main 'problem' is the limitation of special bots. But this is alpha.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 10 Dec 2016, 09:51

Johnbob wrote:The main 'problem' is the limitation of special bots. But this is alpha.

Could you elaborate more? I find it awesome.

Nightfury If you want to optimize per robot class and per map, yes it is a lot of work, but it is also a wrong approach in my opinion. (I mean : seven wonder assault, set your priorities assault, kingmaker assault, [...], seven wonder mg, set your priorities mg, etc.)

To get grip, start with a testing account (right from league1) and craft some generic AI per bot class, so assault, mg, shotgun, sniper. Starting from league1 is nice because you can craft one AI per bot as soon as you earn them. Once you have your egeneric assault, mg, sniper, shotgun, then you can combine them in league4. After that you can start to duplicate them to optimize them in maps where with generic Ais you lose too much.

One point on "perfection". If you try to sort out bugs on your own in training mode, you will be too slow (especially in alpha 5.3.1 where finding game is very fast). I suggest you to test something online, watch every game (the implemented idea of ritter runkel is nice, that one does not know the result), and analyze what did not really work as you wanted. Then modify the AI (take notes if you want to modify back) and test it again. Of course you lose points. I lost the first 12 matches without winning, but then you start to get up.

And being demoted is no shame in my opinion. It helps to slow down the pace (one bot less to care about), regroup ideas, and come back stronger. See it as a chance, not as a loss.

related: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=112&view=unread#unread
Last edited by pier4r on 10 Dec 2016, 12:39, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 10 Dec 2016, 11:47

pier4r wrote:Could you elaborate more? I find it awesome.

It's just that each version you need to rewrite 3 AI with 20 nodes for each map (on average). I wasn't bothered by any RPS effect previously. I guess I won't be as active as before for some time.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 10 Dec 2016, 11:56

Ah you mean the work needs after every change. Yes, I understand. Consider that I did ~120 testing games with my lenovo a816 (40 were not counted, was a bug) and after having 4 stable Ais I started to copy them on the nvidia k1. So I understand what you mean. But it is also true that I never did so much optimizations even before. I always have a maximum of 8-10 AIs and I often duplicate them from a basic one (so it is: duplicate, some fixes -mostly cut connections -, stop).

It is a game, has to be fun, take it slowly. I love the approach of Mgblitz, play every day, improve slowly, slowly being at the top and holding it. (that is also how complex things in life get done. A baby is not getting adult in 2 nights)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Night Fury ^^
Script
Script

Post#9 » 10 Dec 2016, 12:34

Big thanks to pier4r ^^ (I dunno how to show a big thanks in English) for encouraging me.

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#10 » 10 Dec 2016, 15:37

Night Fury ^^ wrote:Big thanks to pier4r ^^ (I dunno how to show a big thanks in English) for encouraging me.

When come private match and any players can play each single map for test, for fun he like and don't must play any i think will be more players and league play only few.

Now the game is more frustating: if u need fix AI for single map u MUST play any random map... and if u need fix AI for more maps it's more...

I'm surprise how many players don't understand it...

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#11 » 10 Dec 2016, 15:42

But this is true only if you want to and you want absolutely to succeed. If you accept losses you start small. It depends on the point of view.

Moreover I do not think (too much online experience) that people will play in mass unranked matches. You will see. Surely they will be helpful for testing.

ntk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#12 » 10 Dec 2016, 19:10

I like seven wonder v.4
I want go back :mrgreen:

With private matchs
I think i will never play league.... or only when i will ready with all maps AI. For kick some sleppers on top :mrgreen:

NOW i don't have time and don't want spend my free time on develop on each maps. My limit i can thinking on single thing :cry:

I think it can be more games:
1. For players where the life is the score, they play league, with multiple accounts and other tricks
2. The other play, with more other things

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#13 » 10 Dec 2016, 19:30

Remember that in the future, bots will be bought using credits that you will earn with ranked victories.

Return to “General Discussions”