Script
Script

Who do you think will win?

Post#1 » 16 Jan 2018, 23:08

Hey, who do you think will win?
Blue, who only have assault bots
Red, who have 8 assault bots and a machine gun bot

Notes:
- the two teams have same AI, which is quite complex, but sadly it still have some bugs
-the map is circle of death
-if the battle take more then 5min, will be a draw

I will add a video of the combat when I publish the result
Screenshot_20180116-090154.png
Screenshot_20180116-090154.png (537.97 KiB) Viewed 230 times

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Who do you think will win?

Post#2 » 17 Jan 2018, 04:21

This is 100% AI dependent. Under normal circumstances, blue should win because the machine gun will be forced to retreat before it can do any meaningful damage. However if blue team ignores that group of bots, then red might have a fairly meaningful advantage

collot999
Script
Script

Post#3 » 17 Jan 2018, 07:16

Yea, but you know if blue push to the machine gun too strong, then red win?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 17 Jan 2018, 09:17

collot999 wrote:Yea, but you know if blue push to the machine gun too strong, then red win?

Even that depends on the AIs involved. However, given that all bots have the same AI, I really doubt that you will push the machine gun that much unless you intend to sabotage the results (which is definitely possible despite all being the same AI)

collot999
Script
Script

Post#5 » 17 Jan 2018, 09:25

I won't sabotage the results, also I recorded the combat just after taking the first screenshot, mostly because I still working and improving that AI

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 17 Jan 2018, 18:45

Machine gun is poorly positioned. I don't know what the point of this is. If you're comparing power, it would be better to do all mg vs all assault. But in circle of death the ai are so close its a guaranteed win for mg.

If you're trying to figure out the best composition for yourself, put the mg further back, and id always recommend mg for circle of death.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 17 Jan 2018, 21:46

I would say that all assaults is winning (but it depends on the AI).

With my AI I have the strange situation that Assault-MG wins against Assault-Assault, but if there are more then three Assaults they win against the MG-Assault Combo (like 3xAssault > 2xAssault/1xMG). MG pushes a litte bit, then someone gets serious damage and all Assault is striking back.

collot999
Script
Script

Post#8 » 18 Jan 2018, 08:06

I placed the machine gun a bit random, I still think in that match don't matter that much, because still 6 targets at close range and 3 at long range

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 18 Jan 2018, 18:09

collot999 wrote:I placed the machine gun a bit random, I still think in that match don't matter that much, because still 6 targets at close range and 3 at long range

Actually, the placement of the machine gun matters a lot, because the group you put the machine gun in typically is attacked first, and there are 2 spots in each team where a bot is the very safest, and many other very specific differences between the positioning. Pretty much, if an map has a beginning spawn in noticeably variable distances from the opponent, especially in medium range, each spot matters a lot

collot999
Script
Script

Post#10 » 18 Jan 2018, 23:59

Ok, didn't know

Chilio
Script
Script

Post#11 » 19 Jan 2018, 18:14

How most battles tend to go (in my experience) if classes don't matter: the AS behind the MG will die first, while they flee, and next up is the MG itself. Then there is a 6x6 match where the shields and hp per bot differ a bit but most will either be safe and low hp (just fled) or in a great position to push (read in danger) and with somewhat higher hp. Maybe 1 or 2 other bots died per team, but not a MG. So you just put it in one of the worst possible places ^^

Try to put it in the back of one of the 2 other groups and it is much safer ;)

collot999
Script
Script

Post#12 » 19 Jan 2018, 18:34

Ty, also, you want to say who you think will win?

Return to “General Discussions”