Finally became Master and thought about going higher

Silver Crow
Script
Script

Finally became Master and thought about going higher

Post#1 » 29 Oct 2017, 08:23

I just got to League Master! Yeah! :D

By the way, I just fought three times with Ritter Runkel (about 2200) in a tournament, and I found he was incredibly strong. My strategy is kind of defensive, but he got a nice balance about the distance units should keep away from enemies. I thought pushing within the enemy's range would be punished, but it was me whose units received damage. Runkel didn't win just by scoring, but also dealt great damage on my units.

Therefore I have a thought that I don't know whether it is right. At least for "The seven wonders" and "Set your priorities" (1 base), being aggressive and keeping pushing is very important. I guess maybe one key is to push whenever there are enough allies near a unit.

Am I right? Or there is a better way to keep a good balance between being defensive and being aggressive?

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Finally became Master and thought about going higher

Post#2 » 29 Oct 2017, 10:16

Silver Crow wrote:I just got to League Master! Yeah! :D

Therefore I have a thought that I don't know whether it is right. At least for "The seven wonders" and "Set your priorities" (1 base), being aggressive and keeping pushing is very important. I guess maybe one key is to push whenever there are enough allies near a unit.

Am I right? Or there is a better way to keep a good balance between being defensive and being aggressive?

It was a pleasure to play against you and to be honest, you was my hardest enemy in this tournament.

I'm pretty sure you will be in Grand Master in no time. Your thoughts are right, it's more about pushing then about preventing damage. My retreatment is super conservative (I try to deal no damage, often retreat with full shield) and I push whenever the situation is not to bad, especiallnicey when other Allies are close by.

Imho if the enemy has to flee a little bit more then you then he can't shoot in this time. So the damage happens as a bonus to the pushing.

Another thing I saw during our match was that your SG was a little bit to passive. The coolest thing you can do with a SG is preventing the enemy from pushing and try to sneak to close range. When your SG is at the edge of Midrange to longrange you can't do both of it.

Hope to match you again.

Silver Crow
Script
Script

Post#3 » 29 Oct 2017, 13:59

Ritter Runkel wrote:
Silver Crow wrote:I just got to League Master! Yeah! :D

It was a pleasure to play against you and to be honest, you was my hardest enemy in this tournament.

I'm pretty sure you will be in Grand Master in no time. Your thoughts are right, it's more about pushing then about preventing damage. My retreatment is super conservative (I try to deal no damage, often retreat with full shield) and I push whenever the situation is not to bad, especiallnicey when other Allies are close by.

Imho if the enemy has to flee a little bit more then you then he can't shoot in this time. So the damage happens as a bonus to the pushing.

Another thing I saw during our match was that your SG was a little bit to passive. The coolest thing you can do with a SG is preventing the enemy from pushing and try to sneak to close range. When your SG is at the edge of Midrange to longrange you can't do both of it.

Hope to match you again.

Thank you for replying me! :)

For the SG problem, I hadn't thought about preventing pushing. Thank you for telling me. Yeah, my SG is a little cowardly, and just keep harassing. That's because I thought being too close to a group of enemies was too dangerous. In matches I played, my opponents' SGs usually get damaged if they dare to be in short range of any of my units, since my strategy is defensive, and my units usually stand together. Even though you are not as defensive as I am, I still see few chances that my SG can sneak to close range without being damaged.

However if pushing is common in high level, then probably SG should be used in preventing it. Maybe by checking where there is a lone enemy nearby.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 29 Oct 2017, 15:06

Congrats on master! I was so close to getting back in masters then I faced your bots and lost. You've improved a lot. :)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 29 Oct 2017, 18:00

Congratulation, you have made a lot of progress. I remember our firsts private matches were i obliterate your bots and now i hardly win (3-2 in the tournament)

Hope you will continue and have fun.

Silver Crow
Script
Script

Post#6 » 30 Oct 2017, 09:36

I just got to League Grandmaster.

I tried to follow Ritter Runkel's suggestions, but it is pretty hard and I am still testing my new AI, so I used my old AI in plays today. I played once with Ritter Runkel, and he was clearly about to win. He got all resources next to his base but maybe due to a bug, he didn't secured them, so it turned out to be a draw.

Silver Crow
Script
Script

Post#7 » 30 Oct 2017, 09:37

By the way, I just heard that TheKidPunisher is stopping playing. So sad. Everyone has his/her life.

Is there any data shows the active players of this game is increasing or decreasing?

Silver Crow
Script
Script

Post#8 » 30 Oct 2017, 09:42

I just found this page, and it shows the number of players is decreasing rapidly!

https://stats.gladiabots.com/?&league=0 ... vePlayers=

Maybe this game is kind of hardcore and is destined to die?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#9 » 30 Oct 2017, 13:36

Silver Crow wrote:

Destined to die not, but to have a small core community yes. It is also not well known even after one year (try to search it on reddit.com , people don't talk about it).

When I try to share it, most of the time people reply "when I play I don't want to think so much". That pretty explains all.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#10 » 30 Oct 2017, 14:05

Silver Crow wrote:I just found this page, and it shows the number of players is decreasing rapidly!

I don't think so. There are always tunes even many people start (especially when gfx promotes the game at events) and tunes with less activity. But the base is pretty stable.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#11 » 30 Oct 2017, 20:02

Ritter Runkel wrote:
Silver Crow wrote:I just found this page, and it shows the number of players is decreasing rapidly!

I don't think so. There are always tunes even many people start (especially when gfx promotes the game at events) and tunes with less activity. But the base is pretty stable.

Just wait until Alpha 11 patch. Numbers will skyrocket. :)

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#12 » 30 Oct 2017, 20:09

Silver Crow wrote:I just got to League Grandmaster.

I tried to follow Ritter Runkel's suggestions, but it is pretty hard and I am still testing my new AI, so I used my old AI in plays today. I played once with Ritter Runkel, and he was clearly about to win. He got all resources next to his base but maybe due to a bug, he didn't secured them, so it turned out to be a draw.

Congrats. Glad to match you more often.

It wasn't a bug that I didn't secured the resources. Your aiming is pretty advanced so I couldn't secure without getting a bot destroyed or lethally harmed. That's why my SG decided to stop collecting and help the other bots to push you back.

Silver Crow
Script
Script

Post#13 » 30 Oct 2017, 23:49

Revenge wrote:Just wait until Alpha 11 patch. Numbers will skyrocket. :)

Really? How did you know?

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#14 » 31 Oct 2017, 05:22

Silver Crow wrote:
Revenge wrote:Just wait until Alpha 11 patch. Numbers will skyrocket. :)

Really? How did you know?

Oh, it happens every time a new patch comes out on Google play. More members try it, and then the ppl who've been away for some time get emailed with the patch and rejoin as well.

Silver Crow
Script
Script

Post#15 » 31 Oct 2017, 15:47

I spent another weekend on this game. I found that's not affordable. I will stop playing this game temporarily. Maybe I will be back after several months. Maybe not.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#16 » 31 Oct 2017, 21:28

What do you mean? It hooks you too much?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#17 » 01 Nov 2017, 03:50

Silver Crow wrote:I spent another weekend on this game. I found that's not affordable. I will stop playing this game temporarily. Maybe I will be back after several months. Maybe not.

Okay. Make sure to check your emails/GooglePlay for any new updates. It's always worth revisiting to see the new features GFX cooks up for his game. ^.^

Return to “General Discussions”