May I ask why do you focus on this type of merchandising, while selling skins would be far more effective ? I mean, maybe the 20 most active players would buy one shirt, and on 1 shirt you will earn 1/4 of the price.
I'm not a professional businessman, but when you take a look to Fortnite for example:
- They make a cool FREE game, so millions of people come and play. Nothing to buy, nothing to pay
- When millions of people are playing, they make a store: 10€ per skin, and that's how you make shitload of money.
By selling skins you would earn more:
- Let's say a skin costs 2€
- You can make X different skins for each bot
- Explosions skins (I mean a different explosion when you kill a bot, like goals on rocket league: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXK0yBXRSdo
- Maybe Base skins ?
- I would definitely buy 3-4 skins, 2 explosion skins
- I prefer to give 100% of my money to you than 25%.
I know a store must be difficult to code, lot of work to do though... but micro-transactions are the new jackpot currently (see CS:GO, RL, H1Z1, Fortnite...)