Can't drop resources

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Can't drop resources

Post#1 » 26 Aug 2017, 23:51

Starting with Alpha 9.3 my bots refuse to drop resources, and while carrying the bots created on windows seem unable to fire. Strangely enough, my bot created on linux still shoots the hell out of my windows bot.

I am quite puzzled all fire and drop commands seem ignored and I double checked all conditions they should fire.

In the debug console I did find:
InvalidOperationException: No impl available!

UnityEngine.Purchasing.PurchasingFactory.get_service ()
UnityEngine.Purchasing.UnityPurchasing.Initialize (IStoreListener listener, UnityEngine.Purchasing.ConfigurationBuilder builder, ILogger logger, System.String persistentDatapath, IUnityAnalytics analytics, UnityEngine.Purchasing.CloudCatalogManager catalog)
UnityEngine.Purchasing.UnityPurchasing.Initialize (IStoreListener listener, UnityEngine.Purchasing.ConfigurationBuilder builder)
GFX47.IAPManager.InitializePurchasing ()
GFX47.IAPManager.Start ()

I play this game from 2 windows and 2 linux computers. So far I have checked it from 1 Linux (Neon Plasma) and 1 Windows 10 computer.

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Can't drop resources

Post#2 » 27 Aug 2017, 00:30

Hoovering over the box with drop resource in the debugger while scenario is running says:

Drop Resource Undefined Undefined

I am trying to get a clearer picture. It only seems to happen with "Drop Resource" commands added recently, because unviewed old battles I see the resources still get dropped. In general it is hard to see when the resource should be dropped, except it is over obvious in the "Lake Rushtown" scenario. I am still looking if I made a big goof up, but so far I can't find an error in my nodes.

The bot in question is almost entirely made up of Sub-AIs: RetreatAI, AttackAI, MoveAI. I see parent nodes turn green, but all the children stay red even though it is very obvious that they should be green (drop resource is red, while carrying resource, Shoot Enemy at Short Range is red while enemy is at short range).

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 27 Aug 2017, 01:07

It is normal that carrying bots cant fire.
So if he is carrying a ressource it is normal that all attack action node turn red..

But i get help you with the drop ressource, i dont know what is your AI, so cant say uf it is a bug or a mistake in your AI (i know that i got a lot of it...

Edit: we are only at update 9.2

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#4 » 27 Aug 2017, 01:14

Two hours ago there was an update to 9.3
https://gfx47.itch.io/gladiabots/devlog ... s-alpha-93

And yes I expected no firing while carrying.. But not being able to drop while carrying makes no sense.. And the drop command also is red (while the parent is green and no other node is turned green)..
Last edited by Athelinde on 27 Aug 2017, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

MrChris
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 27 Aug 2017, 01:16

I've just seen this issue to on 9.3. Replay 762026

The SG definitely should have dropped the resource just before it was destroyed

The drop resource node is red
Last edited by MrChris on 27 Aug 2017, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------
My in-game name is MrChris

Creator of the unofficial Gladiabots stats page: https://gladiabots-stats.info.tm/mrchris
And the Gladiabots retreatment simulator: https://cmrichards.github.io/glad_simulation

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 27 Aug 2017, 01:19

Ok there is a problem so, can someone alert GFX by MP?

Normally at each update he let a comment on the forum, i think it is an little accident and he will correct it rapidly.

GFX47
Dev

Post#7 » 27 Aug 2017, 02:39

I deployed 9.3 to fix blocking bugs on the tutorials and node edition but created a new one on the way...
Rolling back to 9.2 until I can fix and publish.

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 27 Aug 2017, 10:00

I don't what happened, but I just noticed that even with the roll back (back on 9.2), the resources still don't get dropped (ReplayID 762254 & 762265). Parent node shows green, the bot is carrying, but the drop resources keep showing red.

Edit: Found the problem and the solution. The "Drop Resource" node was (re-)added under 9.3 and showed "Drop Resource Undefined Undefined". I deleted these nodes and re-added them under 9.2, they now show "Drop Resource Myself".

Edit2: I found I had to remove and re-add "Drop Resource" nodes on all computers I ran 9.3, whether I changed anything on the bot or not.

GFX47
Dev

Post#9 » 27 Aug 2017, 10:43

Fixed it in 9.4, pushing it.

MrChris
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 27 Aug 2017, 22:16

When can we see this fix? I'm losing a lot of point because of it
------------------------------------------------
My in-game name is MrChris

Creator of the unofficial Gladiabots stats page: https://gladiabots-stats.info.tm/mrchris
And the Gladiabots retreatment simulator: https://cmrichards.github.io/glad_simulation

GFX47
Dev

Post#11 » 27 Aug 2017, 22:49

9.4 is released on Windows and Android, I'm uploading the Linux and Mac versions right now.

GFX47
Dev

Post#12 » 28 Aug 2017, 00:48

All 9.4 builds are public.

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#13 » 28 Aug 2017, 08:51

@GFX47: Thanks for the quick fix.

Return to “Bug Reports”