Page 1 of 1

This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 03 Aug 2017, 11:38
by TalonZa
Match replay: 744545

Watch the drop and pickup play of the shotgun bot. This is a known exploit in the "to be fixed" list.

Dont we ban users for this?

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 03 Aug 2017, 11:47
by pier4r
No ban AFAIK. Also this behavior may happen by chance (imagine you press against the SG, and the SG is trying desperately to bring the resource home)

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 03 Aug 2017, 12:41
by GFX47
No, I won't ban for this.
I have to fix it.

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 03 Aug 2017, 19:14
by mcompany
We cannot and should not lay the ban hammer for gfx's mistakes. Also, like pier said, this exploit is very easy to exploit on accident so it is basically impossible to ban

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 03 Aug 2017, 19:27
by TheKidPunisher
mcompany wrote:We cannot and should not lay the ban hammer for gfx's mistakes. Also, like pier said, this exploit is very easy to exploit on accident so it is basically impossible to ban


Have you look at replay? Not sure it was an accident. But actually people doesnt know it is forbidden (my father find it to but i told him and he stop to do that). They just search about a solution to secure more rapidly the ressource and they found that.

I agree that it is not necessary to ban, it will be solved in future update.

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 03 Aug 2017, 20:17
by mcompany
I'm not saying that using the exploit on purpose is hard to see, but rather the opposite: telling apart an accidental usage and a purposely hidden usage of it is basically impossible

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 04 Aug 2017, 00:43
by TalonZa
mcompany wrote:I'm not saying that using the exploit on purpose is hard to see, but rather the opposite: telling apart an accidental usage and a purposely hidden usage of it is basically impossible


Except for the part where GFX could look at the AI of tthe player. :lol: :lol:

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 04 Aug 2017, 00:59
by mcompany
Most player's AIs are mazes, and going through everyone's AIs for that just simply isn't worth it

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 04 Aug 2017, 07:45
by pier4r
Kanishka, please post your AI once again.

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 04 Aug 2017, 15:03
by Kanishka
Sure! :lol:

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 04 Aug 2017, 15:28
by TheGnoo
I GFX saw that he would probably ban you for not using sub-AIs :D

Re: This player has used a known exploit

Posted: 04 Aug 2017, 18:08
by Kanishka
TheGnoo wrote:I GFX saw that he would probably ban you for not using sub-AIs :D


This. :lol: