The disconnector counting as a node

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

The disconnector counting as a node

Post#1 » 22 Jun 2017, 23:59

Dragging a line to the "x" in the middle of another line counts as dragging to the node that the "x" fame from

Worse yet, dragging a line from the "x" to another node actually works normally as if you did it from the node as well

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: The disconnector counting as a node

Post#2 » 23 Jun 2017, 07:14

I cannot follow
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 23 Jun 2017, 19:37

yeah, there is such a thing

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 27 Jun 2017, 15:15

And aslo like this post, its well explained by a person who maybe is a non-native english speaker.

But its just denied, pretending or absolutely its not understood by non-english speakers.

I've requested before to have, Disable and Enable all 'x' button lines that connects the nodes so itll fix such problems but that just counts as one of my encrypted language. (Which is just trying to speak english)
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 27 Jun 2017, 17:22

I am a native English speaker, I just sometimes suck with words and haven't bothered to clean up my post to make it more legible. Also since the name "disconnector" hasn't been coined for it, I have no better way to describe the "x" instead of being really confusing by saying "the 'x'".
Basically, the disconnector counts as the node it came from. This means you can drag lines to it and draw lines from it (although there is no visual cue for this while you are still dragging and it actually disconnects (I think) if you don't reach another node)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 27 Jun 2017, 19:00

mcompany wrote:Dragging a line to the "x" in the middle of another line counts as dragging to the node that the "x" fame from

Worse yet, dragging a line from the "x" to another node actually works normally as if you did it from the node as well

This case never happened to me but yes it is quite a problem i think.

For all other who doesnt understand i will try to make it clearer: he talks about the x which appears on line in AI editor to delete them.

To conscious-One: what is your problem with people who doesnt understand ? I mean i am sure that you dont get some explication because your logic/expression isnt the same as the logic/expression of the guy who explains... however your idea of enable/disable the x is a good idea but the problem will still be here (you will can avoid it by disable the x)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#7 » 27 Jun 2017, 20:19

I managed to reproduce dropping the link on a x but not dragging a link from a x.
Any particular context?

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#8 » 27 Jun 2017, 20:42

No context i think it always happened.
I try with two branch composed by one condition node and one action node. And all the possibilities said by mcompany are verifiable.

Return to “Bug Reports”