Practice Mission: Split Team

Arquister
Hello World
Hello World

Practice Mission: Split Team

Post#1 » 22 Jun 2017, 00:04

I am currently playing Gladiabots Alpha 8.5 on a Alienware Computer that is running Windows 10. While going through the practice missions, I noticed that most of the enemy bots on the Red Team on the mission Split Team do not attack at all. Thus the victory I had was immensely easy. I hope you can fix this so the practice mission provides the lesson it was meant to.

EDIT: I played another few missions and realized that this problem is not just isolated to Split Team. There always seem to be 1 or 2 Red Bots that just don't attack, even when the other ones are.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Practice Mission: Split Team

Post#2 » 22 Jun 2017, 05:22

Arquister wrote:...

First off, lucky you. Now about the 'bug'... They only attack Short/Medium Range. So... This is not a bug.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 22 Jun 2017, 06:18

No, they got changed version from the old mission AI. Now they only attack in short range and retreats to/idles at medium range

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 22 Jun 2017, 07:26

Arquister wrote:I am currently playing Gladiabots Alpha 8.5 on a Alienware Computer that is running Windows 10. While going through the practice missions, I noticed that most of the enemy bots on the Red Team on the mission Split Team do not attack at all. Thus the victory I had was immensely easy. I hope you can fix this so the practice mission provides the lesson it was meant to.

EDIT: I played another few missions and realized that this problem is not just isolated to Split Team. There always seem to be 1 or 2 Red Bots that just don't attack, even when the other ones are.

Even better : career mode. There you learn a lot.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 22 Jun 2017, 10:38

In Alpha 7 the red bots do attack.

This is what I recorded in Alpha 8.6.

https://youtu.be/fS1XEQRTJ7k
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 22 Jun 2017, 15:08

Ein Stein wrote:...

Let me make this clear.

In Alpha 7, the Enemy AIs made sense. In Alpha 8, they're screwed. They attack in Short Range ONLY, and stay idle if low shield in Med/Long/Out. Alpha 7 used to attack in Short/Med. But as pier said, practice in Career lets you get more REAL.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#7 » 22 Jun 2017, 17:13

I'll look into it.

Return to “Bug Reports”