Subtree not lighting red

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Subtree not lighting red

Post#1 » 28 Jan 2017, 20:07

Had subRoutine with actions only which all was red but subtree itself was not lighting red when observing main tree.

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Subtree not lighting red

Post#2 » 28 Jan 2017, 20:32

Was it green or was it "colorless"? Screenshots would help as well :)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 28 Jan 2017, 20:32

In those cases a screenshot of ai, debugger and situation would be nice. Otherwise is impossible to help.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 14 Feb 2017, 11:29

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#5 » 14 Feb 2017, 13:12

You may have another node (not visible on your screenshot) that is on the left of the unchecked nodes.
Basically, nodes are checked from left to right, not using angles.

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#6 » 14 Feb 2017, 17:08

GFX47 wrote:You may have another node (not visible on your screenshot) that is on the left of the unchecked nodes.
Basically, nodes are checked from left to right, not using angles.

Yes Yes. I certainly understand it. Submitted full AI you a private message.

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 15 Feb 2017, 09:05

I have seen one specific effect, happens occasionally and it sometimes wrecsk a game or two.

Effect is only for subtrees, and what I notice they are unchecked... like if they would be disconnected. I notice this sometimes when I analyze why my bot didn't do something and I find out that it didn't entered subtree which SHOULD be green, but it is colorless... and it passes into other branches to the RIGHT of the node.

The fix usually is to introduce simple connector on the "silent branch" or remove connector... essentially - struturally change the node with subtree so that some structure in the game gets updated properly.

Can't show precise screenshot, but haven't seen particular pattern... only pattern is that it is main node with branch ending with subtree... with ir without connector in between.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#8 » 15 Feb 2017, 09:52

Could you please make a screenshot next time it happens?

Return to “Bug Reports”