Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

6.1.3 Exclusive BotTag bug

Post#1 » 28 Dec 2016, 14:42

Android

Exclusivebottag1 any short medium teamtagC teamtagE enemy

Does not work as expected.

I would expect that bottag1 would only be applied to one target even if multiple bots fulfill the filter conditions.

Instead, any bot that fulfills the conditions gets tagged with bottag1.

Ex. TeamTagC and TeamTagE are both in medium range. Both bots get tagged bottag1, instead of only 1.

HBomb
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: 6.1.3 Exclusive BotTag bug

Post#2 » 28 Dec 2016, 16:29

"ExclusiveBotTag" + "Any"

Sounds more like a logical issue than a bug and I'd say it's rather subjective how it should work. These terms contradict each other, so which one should take priority?

Practically, if "Exclusive" takes priority, the AI could be more likely to get stuck on that node.
If "Any" takes priority, it does allow for multiple tags AND sumultanious clearing of other instances of the tag.

So while it could be seen as illogical either way, I think the way it works right now is more practical

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#3 » 28 Dec 2016, 19:09

Exclusive means tag only the entity(ies) you target and remove it from others eventually tagged.

In your case you want to select one of the enemies matching the current filters. You can use Closest for instance.

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 29 Dec 2016, 15:13

Ah, yep that's my bad then. :oops: I expected it to only tag one. Changing "any" to something else gives me what I wanted.

HBomb wrote:"ExclusiveBotTag" + "Any"
If "Any" takes priority, it does allow for multiple tags AND sumultanious clearing of other instances of the tag

In practice, it tagged multiple targets but never cleared any tags.

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 29 Dec 2016, 22:42

I just tested this and it works as expected: When the tagging action runs and if there is at least one target which meets the criteria, all and only targets which meet the criteria will be tagged.

Return to “Bug Reports”