Career shows New even when there is nothing new

Ed-209
Script
Script

Career shows New even when there is nothing new

Post#1 » 20 Dec 2017, 05:23

Every time I start the game it shows NEW on career even when I have nothing queued. Quite often it will bring back an old match as new that has already been viewed.

Ed-209
Script
Script

Re: Career shows New even when there is nothing new

Post#2 » 04 Jan 2018, 04:39

Update on this, happens nearly every time I start the game, always past battles that have been viewed, always seem to be draws if I choose to watch again. (I occasionally do since the reset matches button is right under the reset ai's button.)

GFX47
Dev

Post#3 » 08 Jan 2018, 18:47

Do you guys still get new tags displayed on already watched matches?
I'm trying to find the repro steps to fix it.

Ed-209
Script
Script

Post#4 » 09 Jan 2018, 04:38

In the last couple days I haven't had matches played indicating they were new, but the New flag is always there when first start the game on the career button.

Further information, it brings up matches when I start the game on my second device after syncing with server settings. I hadn't opened on my phone until just now in the last few days. So it appears that when I switch devices and sync with the server I am getting the issue.

Ed-209
Script
Script

Post#5 » 11 Jan 2018, 20:00

I hate to say, but NEW is still showing up on CAREER when starting the game and I did have one match show up that even had the disc indicating that it had been downloaded and watched.

GFX47
Dev

Post#6 » 11 Jan 2018, 20:30

I'm not sure to follow. The new tag has nothing to do with the downloaded state.

Ed-209
Script
Script

Post#7 » 11 Jan 2018, 21:58

the downloaded state means I went in to view it (when I left the game it did not show as new anymore), and yet when I reopened the game it showed NEW as if it hadn't been resolved.

GFX47
Dev

Post#8 » 11 Jan 2018, 22:41

The saved icon means you downloaded the match data locally, the new tag means the match hasn't been resolved locally.
Do you use 11.4?
By the way, the new tag is determined locally, if you clicked the remove new tags button on a device and didn't resolve a match, it will still appear as new on another device.

Ed-209
Script
Script

Post#9 » 12 Jan 2018, 05:43

the matches had been viewed and played until it showed win lose or draw and points awarded, usually a day prior, previous map. When i chose to watch again they were draws, I have only had it happen once since 11.4. Your last statement is a possibility, I had been occasionally using that button.

What about why every time the game starts it shows new on career and when I go into career there are absolutely no new matches as I haven't queued any and have watched all that were previously done, lose too many times I just stop with nothing queued and wait to see which map is next.

Not necessarily the cause, but I was up at 1982 pts before the change to one map a day. I don't have time to try to refine each and every day, so now I am way behind and dropping like a stone. The other way people seemed to refine for each map slower, which fit into my game play. Now it has become too complex for me to enjoy except on a day off.

Jotunn
Script
Script

Post#10 » 26 Jan 2018, 01:22

I'm also experiencing this. Matches I've already watched are still flagged as new and clearing the new with the button doesn't resolve this. I can include a screen shot of needed.

GFX47
Dev

Post#11 » 26 Jan 2018, 07:56

I found a repro and fixed it in alpha 12.
In the meantime, use the reset matches storage in the settings menu.

Return to “Bug Reports”